What did you do to your bike today?

Stu

19 minutes ago, S-Westerly said:

Your heated grips have failed? What brand were they?

Original Honda ones, considering they are from 2008 think they last long enough.

• Thanks 1

Some times British companies get it right.

Nothing fancy, easy to find what you're looking for and very good price.

I've ordered the button cells for the TMPS on the Pan.

The batteries aren't easy to find on high street/supermarkets so I had to go online.

Still to know if they are good in costumer service and speed of postage but the purchase process is very good and simple to use.

https://www.smallbattery.company.org.uk/index.htm

I installed the rear rack. The fit is perfect, very pleased with it.

Whilst I was at it I dismantled the brakes and cleaned them up, though they were really perfectly fine. Did an oil and filter change. Gave it a good wash as it was filthly, then blew it over with the airline and put it onto the stand with a dehumidier running to dry off thoroughly. Then I'll polish the spokes and get at all the litte bits you miss over the summer.

Service Oct 21 1.jpg

Service Oct 21 2.jpg

Service Oct 21 3.jpg

Following yesterday's post about the batteries for my TMPS sensors, a wee update.

The batteries arrived just now.

A pair of 3V lithium cells, no hassle, can't complain shipping, both free and as fast as you could wish for.

My opinion, a company to consider (already in bookmark list) when wanting to get any more batteries. :thumb: 

After the rain stopped went off to the Motorcycle Museum. Now sat in Touchdown cafe after getting caught in a light shower. Coffee and bacon sandwich has been eaten.

• Like 2

Interesting ride home via Guildford, Farnham, Basingstoke,  Newbury, Hungerford and Cirencester. Rembered why I really don't like wet leaves all over roads; a couple of interesting twitches. Some really heavy showers among the sunshine. Now tucked up at home watching the rain tipping down.

It was actually a month early, due date is 28/11 but I would rather do it now with the weather reasonable than leave it another month and potentially horrid weather.

next thing is the recall work, but that can wait. It was a rare problem that my bike doesn’t seem to have. (It would have happened before now - sudden loss of power due to blocked fuel filter)

• Like 1

Took advantage of a rare dry spell and had a short ride, between finishing work and going out for our first meal with friends since all this bollocks started.

Edited by Throttled
  • Like 4

Just gave the new bike it's first wash at 240 miles.  A zero touch wash, just to get the road spray and muck off it.  HP blade attachment at a distance to blast off the dirt.  Very close range to remove bugs from the screen.  Quick dosing with AutoGleam foam shampoo.  Then a quick rinse.  Ran it to come up to temp while I mopped up with an old T-shirt.

Looks grand again.  Although I am going to have water spots all over the gloss work.  Shrug.

Got soaking wet on my way down to Duns.

Boots dripping on arrival (I really should get a new pair... 🙄)

Then burnt my socks on the radiator and on the ride back home had my left heel out and half my right ankle well ventilated.

Some lather from washing the waterproof suit 🤔 and as you have guessed the suit is anything but waterproof, more like a wetsuit... 😋

Not so bad on the way back, pretty much dry all the way with some light spray till Dunbar. 10 - 12c most the way but still cold because of the wind.

all in all, a good trip on the great Scottish weather 🤣

Well, November again and the handlebar muffs are refitted to the GS125. Put some cheap version of "grip puppies" over the £3.78 heated grips (still working 3 years on) to get rid of that hard plastic feel. Tested this morning and they feel great, more of an even warmth through the gloves. Will start the "oiling up" of the metal bits later this week.

Decided to leave the last month of the tax on the Bandit just in case we can have a run out before the salt gets put down.

148_6021.thumb.JPG.075e9c3b7a7f6826ef36a56ed6d3bff3.JPG

To fill in time before lunch i sorted the screwdriver mess on the main tool rack in the shed, Also remembered to put the clock back on the bike too.

985222192_ToolracktidyOct21.thumb.JPG.fa86b2d2639f2c9d11f64cba2706c043.JPG

• Like 1

Got soaked taking some legal papers to our letting agents. By way of compensation I came round a bend on the way home and there was a steam traction engine chugging along the lane. The bike is in the garage with a cold air fan blowing over it.

• Like 1

I washed my bike, twice. I’d been out to enjoy yesterday’s lovely weather and spent a fair bit of time on mud and gravel tracks and my previously sparkling new bike looked well used. This morning I washed it. I then looked at the weather forecast and saw that it had changed for the better so I went out for a ride. I stayed on tarmac this time but a lot of that was wet, muddy or both so a couple of hours later I washed the bike again.
I can’t ever remember washing a bike twice on the same day before. 💭 

• Sad 1

Put mine into hibernation. Had the booster jab on Saturday, and it has set my shoulder off again, just after getting some movement out of it while doing up the rear end and the forks/brakes. This, along with the broken finger makes riding too painful ☹️. I have never spent so long off a bike. 

• Sad 3