What did you do to your bike today?

Stu

I’m would Rob. I would. It looks fab. 
will also follow the link above. 
I plan to try to save a bit to make it an opportunity to have a good choice. 
I’m also going to work out when I can go get the CD175 from my father in law and work out if I can put it in the back of the Landrover and the restore it.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, James in Brum said:

I’m would Rob. I would. It looks fab. 
will also follow the link above. 
I plan to try to save a bit to make it an opportunity to have a good choice. 
I’m also going to work out when I can go get the CD175 from my father in law and work out if I can put it in the back of the Landrover and the restore it.

First bike I ever had . 

Rode it down to son's place via A46 and M4. Bike is now utterly filthy with salty road muck so is going to need a thorough wash when it gets home. Forecast was for dry sunny day. Actual weather was dense fog between Nailsworth and M4. Not nice.

• Sad 1

2 hours ago, S-Westerly said:

Rode it down to son's place via A46 and M4. Bike is now utterly filthy with salty road muck so is going to need a thorough wash when it gets home. Forecast was for dry sunny day. Actual weather was dense fog between Nailsworth and M4. Not nice.

Yes rocksalt is a bugger after 1st application of acf it still managed to show itself on the fittings on  the brake cables. I've acf greased the vulnerable bits up now. It's just washing it down now after every salty ride the curse of winter riding I guess 

• Like 1

Washed the bloody thing. Again. Tomorrow it gets a new tyre, chain and sprocket set. Then on Sunday I have to drag my arse back to Barnard Castle to prepare my parents for a care assessment.  Between them they have one working eye and they are both deaf. Think I'd rather do tiling or painting or even wash the bike.

• Haha 1

Tried to order air filter assembly from Destination Triumph for the Trophy.

Phone up on hold up identify part. Surprised when I wanted to collect.

They would not order part until I payed in advance over the phone.  

I don't carry cards at work, so could not do.

Might as well order online..

28 minutes ago, Grumpy Old Git said:

Registered SORN. :(

Will re-tax at the end of April (for 6 months). Winter riding is just not happening these days - Arthritis is a bu@@er!

Massive change for you there GoG 

• Sad 1

4 hours ago, Grumpy Old Git said:

Registered SORN. :(

Will re-tax at the end of April (for 6 months). Winter riding is just not happening these days - Arthritis is a bu@@er!

It certainly is, I get reactive arthritis now and again and it's crippling. 

• Sad 1

23 minutes ago, Bender said:

It certainly is, I get reactive arthritis now and again and it's crippling. 

Due to various activities in my younger days I have arthritic finger joints. Not very pleasant but I tend to ignore it and just crack on. Doubtless a time will come when I can't but until then - Carpe Diem!

• Like 2

Got my tyre changed and a new chain and sprocket set. Good service and good price. Also reinforced my opinion that the local dealer won't be getting my custom in future. Turns out the back wheel had probably never been off and spindle was pretty well frozen in. Bike was serviced 2 weeks ago. Also have info about an independent Italian bike servicer in Cheltenham who has a really good rep. I'll be using him in future. A big thumbs up for Roadrunner in Stroud. 

2 hours ago, S-Westerly said:

Due to various activities in my younger days I have arthritic finger joints. Not very pleasant but I tend to ignore it and just crack on. Doubtless a time will come when I can't but until then - Carpe Diem!

Mine starts with aches in fingers and progress to the point you can't move them without the sort of pain you would get having  teeth drilled without injections, it's not possible to ignore, I'm relatively lucky. It goes away and medication makes it bearable, first time I got it was after meningitis. 

When you see folk moan about arthritis it's easy to think mehh, it is an awful thing. 

• Like 2

Rode up to Barnard Castle. Endless managed motorways but left motorway at Lancaster and then rode interesting roads via Kirkby Lonsdale, Sedbergh and Brough. Unfortunately interesting roads were also filthy roads. Mud, shite  gravel etc all over them. Arrived looking like a mud monster. Lots of bikes at Devils Bridge and on the roads. 

On 19/01/2022 at 15:33, onesea said:

Tried to order air filter assembly from Destination Triumph for the Trophy.

Phone up on hold up identify part. Surprised when I wanted to collect.

They would not order part until I payed in advance over the phone.  

I don't carry cards at work, so could not do.

Might as well order online..

Either world of triumph or Fowlers are best 

Tip for World of triumph 

Go through ordering process BUT do not proceed through payment ( ie register for account , add to basket , go through delivery info , go to payment page But dont complete . Close browser and within 48hrs generally you will get an email 'reminding you of your basket contents and offering you a 10% discount code ) 

;)

• Like 2

9 hours ago, TimR said:

Either world of triumph or Fowlers are best 

Tip for World of triumph 

Go through ordering process BUT do not proceed through payment ( ie register for account , add to basket , go through delivery info , go to payment page But dont complete . Close browser and within 48hrs generally you will get an email 'reminding you of your basket contents and offering you a 10% discount code ) 

;)

Forgot 1 step .... you will receive 1 or 2 other emails before the discount code asking if your still deciding ( generally within 12 -24hrs of  initially starting the process ) just ignore and await the goodie . 

Rode to Morpeth and back from Barnard Castle.  Great ride out across the moors but again filthy roads. In the dark came back on more major roads and honestly my "lights" are a joke. Priority job when I come home will be to upgrade the lights. Of course by then it'll be mid-summer so I may not be so concerned!.

• Like 1