What did you do to your bike today?

Stu

7 hours ago, XTreme said:

In all the years I've been here I have never seen a public toilet.......in any town or city I've ever visited.

But you do see people regularly pissing in the street though.

I've even seen people taking a shit in the street as well......one was actually doing it in the middle of the road with the traffic held up till he finished. :classic_laugh:

desperate measures :classic_blink:

Well today I rode my bike home from Barnard Castle. Unlike a certain effete Welshman who only rides when the sun is shining and the temperature is balmy, us real bikers ride in whatever  nature throws at us. I did make the mistake of going via Leeds  and apologies to anyone who hails from there but some bits are post-apocalypse. I also got lost as my Tom Tom  for reasons best left unsaid was trying to get me to J&S in Leeds via twisty  roads. In the city ffs!

I treated myself to a new Drift camera but the waterproof  XL version. I've tried a Gopro but its not as good as the Drift although the optics are a bit better. The battery life is poor.20201208_104246.thumb.jpg.d30013179b38bcb929be9b5a224d98e4.jpg

• Like 2

1 minute ago, S-Westerly said:

Unlike a certain effete Welshman who only rides when the sun is shining and the temperature is balmy

kramer GIF

3 minutes ago, S-Westerly said:

I treated myself to a new Drift camera but the waterproof  XL version

Is that the 4K one? And I agree about GoPro battery life......the quality is brilliant, but I can't be messing about changing batteries all the time!

32 minutes ago, XTreme said:

kramer GIF

Is that the 4K one? And I agree about GoPro battery life......the quality is brilliant, but I can't be messing about changing batteries all the time!

My original  Drift was the 4K and it turned out to be very vulnerable to rhe rain which is probably why I got it cheap in Singapore  as it rains a lot there! Mine died in one of our summer downpours. The XL is supposed to be waterproof and is actively marketed as such. Its only got 1080 video quality but tbh that's all I ever used. I never bothered with the 4K capability as the file sizes were too big. It apparently has a 9 hour battery life which is what the extended battery pack on the 4k was good for. According to the  J&S salesman the 4K will be discontinued  but an XL MK 2 is on the cards.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Ian Frog said:

Hope you had an enjoyable ride home and welcome back.

Was the Yorks border being zealously patrolled ?

Cheers

Ian

Not at all. I was quite disappointed,  never saw a single cop car.

Can't say the ride home was particularly enjoyable.  Apart from my Leeds adventure it was pretty well a boring motorway slog the whole way. 

Edited by S-Westerly

Just now, S-Westerly said:

My original  Drift was the 4K and it turned out to be very vulnerable to rhe rain which is probably why I got it cheap in Singapore  as it rains a lot there! Mine died in one of our summer downpours. The XL is supposed to be waterproof and is actively marketed as such. Its only got 1080 video quality but tbh that's all I ever used. I never bothered with the 4K capability as the file sizes were too big. It apparently has a 9 hour battery life which is what the extended battery pack on the 4k was good for. According to the  J&S salesman the 4K will be discontinued  but an XL MK 2 is on the cards.

9 hours.......now you can do something with that!

24 minutes ago, XTreme said:

That's too much......unless you have to get to somewhere for a reason.

Last summer before I went away I did close to 9 hours but it wasn't  entirely sitting on the bike. I stopped now and again so it was maybe 7 hours actual riding and just over 350 miles.

Edited by S-Westerly
  • Like 1

Managed to get bike serviced. Due to plague dealers not offering  loan bikes and as I didn’t fancy spending 8 hours in plague infested Bristol  they came and collected it for free. Earliest I'll get it back is Saturday though. 

• Like 1

Guest Swagman
17 hours ago, S-Westerly said:

Last summer before I went away I did close to 9 hours but it wasn't  entirely sitting on the bike. I stopped now and again so it was maybe 7 hours actual riding and just over 350 miles.

Feck me if I ride 1hr I’m in agony.🥲🥲

3 hours ago, Swagman said:

Fazer bars are too low and too narrow.......especially as you get older because it always puts you into a bit of a forward lean.

I put bar risers on one of mine.......and although it helped a bit it didn't get round the narrow bars problem.

Get something better suited to your geriatric status!

May I suggest................

gs95.jpg

5 hours ago, Swagman said:

I was getting to that stage with my GPX750, so I ended up getting the GSF1250. Much more comfortable and as @XTreme says it was mainly due to the position of the bars.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, JRH said:

I was getting to that stage with my GPX750, so I ended up getting the GSF1250. Much more comfortable and as @XTreme says it was mainly due to the position of the bars.

Heavy old thing though @JRH........you don't have any knee problems then?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, XTreme said:

Fazer bars are too low and too narrow.......especially as you get older because it always puts you into a bit of a forward lean.

I put bar risers on one of mine.......and although it helped a bit it didn't get round the narrow bars problem.

Get something better suited to your geriatric status!

May I suggest................

gs95.jpg

nothing wrong with a gs :classic_smile:

• Like 1

Just now, XTreme said:

Heavy old thing though @JRH........you don't have any knee problems then?

Oh yes I have knee problems. Each stop is “a risk assessment “. Ie is it left or right this time that will support the bike.

• Haha 1