What did you do to your bike today?

Stu

22 minutes ago, JRH said:

Oh yes I have knee problems. Each stop is “a risk assessment “. Ie is it left or right this time that will support the bike.

Don't leave it too long before thinking about getting something lighter then......cos if you lose your footing with something that weight it could be nasty.

I've found it a revelation with the tank under the seat on the Beemer......centre of gravity has completely changed.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, XTreme said:

Don't leave it too long before thinking about getting something lighter then......cos if you lose your footing with something that weight it could be nasty.

I've found it a revelation with the tank under the seat on the Beemer......centre of gravity has completely changed.

wonder if they got that idea from honda with the goldwing 

27 minutes ago, skyrider said:

nothing wrong with a gs :classic_smile:

It always feels like an XT to me......but much more sophisticated and comfortable.

And it's a good choice for older riders I'd say.......providing they know how Thumpers should be ridden.

It can be a bit of a shock if somebody's only ever had IL4's.

1 minute ago, skyrider said:

wonder if they got that idea from honda with the goldwing 

No idea......but I know all the 650's (singles and twins), and now the 700's, 750's, 800's, and 850's have it as well.

56 minutes ago, skyrider said:

i think it's a brilliant idea it drops the weight down and stops them being top heavy 

Somewhat ironic for me really.....I started in 1971 with a Lambretta and then a Vespa......both with underseat tanks.

Then fast forward nearly 50 years......and 61 bikes in between.....and I'm back to an underseat tank again.

2 minutes ago, XTreme said:

Somewhat ironic for me really.....I started in 1971 with a Lambretta and then a Vespa......both with underseat tanks.

Then fast forward nearly 50 years......and 61 bikes in between.....and I'm back to an underseat tank again.

never thought of you as being a fishtail parka wearing mod :classic_laugh:

5 minutes ago, skyrider said:

never thought of you as being a fishtail parka wearing mod :classic_laugh:

That scene had finished by then.......but there were loads of left over scooters from that era going cheap.

I bought my Lambretta TV175 in June 71 for 22 quid! I knocked him down from 25! :classic_laugh:

2 minutes ago, XTreme said:

That scene had finished by then.......but there were loads of left over scooters from that era going cheap.

I bought my Lambretta TV175 in June 71 for 22 quid! I knocked him down from 25! :classic_laugh:

good man

2 hours ago, XTreme said:

Been there, done that. It hurts.🙄🤣

• Like 1

Guest Swagman
19 hours ago, XTreme said:

Fazer bars are too low and too narrow.......especially as you get older because it always puts you into a bit of a forward lean.

I put bar risers on one of mine.......and although it helped a bit it didn't get round the narrow bars problem.

Get something better suited to your geriatric status!

May I suggest................

gs95.jpg

You can suggest it but no thanks, there is nothing wrong with the riding position on the Fazer it’s my hips that are fecked now, don’t forget I have had the Fazer thou for 15years and not had any discomfort until the last year when my old hip bones started to wear out.😀

Guest Swagman
18 hours ago, JRH said:

I was getting to that stage with my GPX750, so I ended up getting the GSF1250. Much more comfortable and as @XTreme says it was mainly due to the position of the bars.

The Fazer is quite similar in riding position to the GSF but not as heavy it’s just my body that is tired, to many days out working in winters and laying on cold concrete fixing cars, my dad said I would suffer when older of course I never listened  I was fit and young that’s altered now though.😀

1 hour ago, Swagman said:

You can suggest it but no thanks, there is nothing wrong with the riding position on the Fazer it’s my hips that are fecked now, don’t forget I have had the Fazer thou for 15years and not had any discomfort until the last year when my old hip bones started to wear out.😀

But the situation won't get any better though......and I'd have thought less weight and a lower seat would have made things easier?

Guest Swagman
37 minutes ago, XTreme said:

But the situation won't get any better though......and I'd have thought less weight and a lower seat would have made things easier?

Maybe but the other problem is the pillion seat on most bikes just isn’t suitable, the wife loves the seating position and pegs on the Fazer, and don’t forget I also have the lighter yam fz6, lower seat as well.

Guest Swagman
18 hours ago, XTreme said:

I bought a LI150 Lambo for £10 it didn’t run cost a new coil to fix it taxed and tested rode it for 100yards hated it swapped it for a sideboard table and chairs for our new home bargain.

Bike back from servicing early and having taken it for a bimble its in fine fettle. Fully ACF'd for the winter too. Usual frisson of fear on roundabouts where the pretty sheen of spilled diesel shines across the road.

Bought 5 litres of Smith and Allen DW40 (their version of WD40) to spray over the bikes while laid up in the garage over winter. Used ACF50 last year but found one can doesn't go far on 5 bikes.

Capped the exhausts on the RGV.

20201213_120326_copy_900x2000.jpg

• Like 1