What did you do to your bike today?

Stu

36 minutes ago, S-Westerly said:

Put extra lashings on the bike's cover to make sure it doesn't blow away.

Lashings of what? Gravy? Custard? Or giving your nautical background was it 30 lashes of the cat ‘o’ 9 tails? 😁

2 hours ago, Mickly said:

Lashings of what? Gravy? Custard? Or giving your nautical background was it 30 lashes of the cat ‘o’ 9 tails? 😁

Lashing: technical term for tying something down. Not generally bondage but if you were bored I suppose you could try it. 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Mickly said:

I had lashings of gravy with my dinner, now about to have lashings of custard with some apple crumble :classic_biggrin:

Shock, horror - actually rode my bike today. Perfect weather for a bimble to the Forest of Dean then back via Cirencester. About 65 miles. No photos but experimented with new ghost xl which I've yet to view myself.

• Like 1

After covering it in saw dust while doing some diy it was time to clean again the vacuum  chambers and the sliding black thingy in the VT700 carbs.

Now just need to figure out how the f*cking hoses are connected.  :bang:

carb.jpg.30af4fb12154f16a32ba152596877b49.jpg

Jump started my bike today.

Well I broke down today ..... So phoned my lady to come and rescue me ... Which she did ...

The Himma has stood for over a week, it lives outdoors with a cover over it, come rain and shine.

Started first thing this morning so tootled off to the garage as it was near empty of fuel, 1/2 a mile away ... filled up, press starter ... click, click, click.... no volts.

The Himma's achillies heel is it's lack of kick-starter, combined with a small battery and cold weather  and you get this mornings result .. It started first press when Julies Aygo gave it a few volts ... 50 mile round trip to work and back and all is well. 

Rule 1 ... Don't stop for fuel within 20 miles of the house when the temp is low ....

Rule 2 ... Get a better battery.

• Like 1

Went for a blast to confirm yesterday’s repairs where effective, took it steady around the local area a couple of times so if it conked out I was in pushing distance of home then ventured further afield on a mix of motorway, dual carriageways and country road just to get more miles under my belt. 
Now on 180 miles since passing my test.

Edited by Keeper96
Spelling
  • Like 2

Guest Swagman
1 hour ago, Keeper96 said:

Went for a blast to confirm yesterday’s repairs where effective, took it steady around the local area a couple of times so if it conked out I was in pushing distance of home then ventured further afield on a mix of motorway, dual carriageways and country road just to get more miles under my belt. 
Now on 180 miles since passing my test.

Nice so it’s running better then.👍

Guest Swagman
8 minutes ago, KiwiBob said:

As my son had his mirrors broken and he nicked mine off my CG I fitted some new ones .. As its a bit cold on the hands I fitted a pair of these for the winter as well.s-l1600.jpg

They should keep the cold blast off.👍

Replaced all the brake pads on the Silverwing, the fronts were almost down to nothing which was a bit of a surprise as I only replaced them at the start of the year.Think its a combination of being a heavy bike for what it is, about 300kgs with me on it, weedy single disc that fits inside the 14 inch wheel and me riding it pretty hard every day.

Treated it to a clean as it was pretty muddy.

20201219_105847_copy_900x2000.jpg

20201219_105907_copy_900x2000.jpg

20201219_121211_copy_837x1599.jpg

• Like 1

Guest Swagman
4 hours ago, Bianco2564 said:

Replaced all the brake pads on the Silverwing, the fronts were almost down to nothing which was a bit of a surprise as I only replaced them at the start of the year.Think its a combination of being a heavy bike for what it is, about 300kgs with me on it, weedy single disc that fits inside the 14 inch wheel and me riding it pretty hard every day.

Is it also a twist and go or does it have manual gears.

Guest Swagman
25 minutes ago, Bianco2564 said:

Twist and go and brake levers just like a push bike.

Then it will use brake pads more you have to use them instead of gears.👍

After dealing with the wine rack, almost finished, I washed the bikes and the trailer 😁
Look how shiny they are now

092bd6d7-9422-4d24-9661-ac2e39a0e6e8.jpg

efecf988-3887-451d-bdb2-ada0a852382a.jpg

71e2c310-7523-4b96-919c-080e7783adbc.jpg

d303b01f-50f2-47f1-9f6a-7627f01cb557.jpg

Edited by husoi

On 19/12/2020 at 18:44, Bianco2564 said:

it looks like you have been riding it on the beach :classic_blink: