What did you do to your bike today?

Stu

4 hours ago, linuxrob said:

Well that time of the month again. GS125 Oil change plus chain clean and lub. We have had some really wet and gritty roads over this month and looks a good 10 days of frost and well salted roads ahead.

Gave the bike a good wash and re gt-85

882465070_01-Dirtychainindeepfatfryer.JPG.01f0ea1c203bbe5033b52f49dc29b25f.JPG

Took the chain off and dunked it into the old engine oil reheated in my charity shop deep fat fryer.  Kept the temp to under 100C and gave it  a good scrub with an old toothbrush.

399793052_02-Dirtychainindeepfatfryergettingcleaned.JPG.1c5b0a9248522ef28e0a41d6708a20a2.JPG

After a few mins took it out and wiped the chain down while hot.

Warmed up some ep-90 gear oil in my little dropper with boiling water and oiled the side plates an rollers while hung up, then refitted/

801514433_03-chainbackonafterreoil.JPG.a3fba825dc7073074a8b59e446828b36.JPG

Wiped the chain down with an old sock and there we go till next month. 

Rob

you need some black paint on the back of that bike :classic_huh:

On 30/12/2020 at 17:43, S-Westerly said:

Managed to extract a coupleVideoCapture_20201229-223439.jpg.ef7e8a705586274f541f85e397e49dbb.jpg of stills but the quality is not great. Road was very unexciting  M4 but weather made it a bit more interesting. 

I can claim individualism on the basis nobody else was daft enough to be out on a bike.

VideoCapture_20201230-173443.jpg

Excellent pics considering the conditions, do you notice much intervention from the safety electricery? 

30 minutes ago, Bender said:

Excellent pics considering the conditions, do you notice much intervention from the safety electricery? 

Not really, the TCS wasn't noticeable at all and I tend to use engine breaking and use the brakes sparingly.  On the way south I had unpleasant  black ice experiences but only in service area car parks. Braking but still sliding wasn't great but I was at slow speeds anyway so just wore off a bit of boot soles by dragging my feet.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, S-Westerly said:

Not really, the TCS wasn't noticeable at all and I tend to use engine breaking and use the brakes sparingly.  On the way south I had unpleasant  black ice experiences but only in service area car parks. Braking but still sliding wasn't great but I was at slow speeds anyway so just wore off a bit of boot soles by dragging my feet.

still not that great being out in it though

4 minutes ago, skyrider said:

still not that great being out in it though

the road in front of our house is like an ice rink so not a night for going anywhere and i think it's another day off for me tomorrow i aint gardening in this :classic_sad:

Edited by skyrider

Down here it's not so bad. It's this constant freeze / thaw though. At least with snow you can see it and to a degree plan for it. Black ice is just horrible as its really hard to see early enough to do anything sensible about. I've written off a car and bent a bike thanks to unexpected black ice.

Ordered a tail tidy for the Bobber. The stock one is horrible but none of those I've seen so far look much better. Maund Speed in Los Angeles have just started making one for the Speedmaster which will fit the Bobber as well. Looks a much nicer piece of work. I've ordered a textured black version rather than silver.

Maund Speed tail tidy.jpg

• Like 2

Damn!!!

Garmin Zumo XT is 15% cheaper :classic_love:

70 quid saving is veeerryyyyy tempting 

Going to order fork fluid for the ST before riding season starts

• Like 1

Rode to Gloucester for a blood test. Weather was cold, roads were salty and all in all it wasn't a great deal of fun. At least there was no snow or sleet. Traffic was lighter than usual but not as light as lockdown 1. Lockdown fatigue?

drained what was left in the fuel tank and carb, cleaned and re-set the spark plug and checked the air filter, and all ready for the road now but god knows when that will be will check the tyres nearer the time and get my mate to change the fork oil and brake fluid :thumb:

Technically nothing on my bike but went to drop summink off at a friends with OH on our bikes and saw a suzuki marauder 125 sat in his drive looking very sorry for itself. Needs tlc and he wants £500 for it......then i got bollocked for even thinking about it 😬

• Haha 4

1 hour ago, gymwitch said:

Technically nothing on my bike but went to drop summink off at a friends with OH on our bikes and saw a suzuki marauder 125 sat in his drive looking very sorry for itself. Needs tlc and he wants £500 for it......then i got bollocked for even thinking about it 😬

Do it, it is easier to ask for forgiveness than permission. 👍

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, Fish said:

I'll lend you the £500 and we'll split the profits 😂😂

Might take you up on half of it 🤔

Noooooooo !!! No no no no no....ill go take pics of it today 🤭 and see if i can knock hom down.