What did you do to your bike today?

Stu

I used to go to Miami for work. One visit, I took a day out and I went canoeing in the Everglades. Before setting off in the canoe, I asked the guy in charge what to do should I fall in. He advised me to "Get out quick". Good advice; fortunately, didn't need to take it.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, bonio said:

I used to go to Miami for work. One visit, I took a day out and I went canoeing in the Everglades. Before setting off in the canoe, I asked the guy in charge what to do should I fall in. He advised me to "Get out quick". Good advice; fortunately, didn't need to take it.

I went to the outskirts but an airboat tour was like $200 so I left it and walked the reserve 20210117_111523.jpg.2f96396fe4a2908d1b583b978d695f59.jpg

This afternoon I will be using a spare battery and a multimeter to see what the current draw is on the tail tidy lights. The wiring it came with is thicker than the Triumph wiring which is what caused the issue with the connector.

I'm wondering if some of the much thinner wiring I use on the model railway would be up to the job. It would make making a new connector simpler.

33 minutes ago, Mississippi Bullfrog said:

This afternoon I will be using a spare battery and a multimeter to see what the current draw is on the tail tidy lights. The wiring it came with is thicker than the Triumph wiring which is what caused the issue with the connector.

I'm wondering if some of the much thinner wiring I use on the model railway would be up to the job. It would make making a new connector simpler.

I used some 7/0.2 when I wired up my led spotlights on Xena :thumb:

P1020761.JPG.4e95c42de98ac81ca3ec07ac2e003de3.JPG

• Like 2

3 hours ago, dynax said:

I used some 7/0.2 when I wired up my led spotlights on Xena :thumb:

P1020761.JPG.4e95c42de98ac81ca3ec07ac2e003de3.JPG

That reminds me, I have another job to do. The auxiliary lights on the Honda are playing up, one has gone dim. I think new ones are called for. I will have a look on SBS to see what's available. 

The wire I used on the railway is 24awg /0.2mm. Rated at 2amp. Probably need something a bit thicker for the tail/ brake light as it's a cluster of LEDs.

47 minutes ago, Mississippi Bullfrog said:

That reminds me, I have another job to do. The auxiliary lights on the Honda are playing up, one has gone dim. I think new ones are called for. I will have a look on SBS to see what's available. 

The wire I used on the railway is 24awg /0.2mm. Rated at 2amp. Probably need something a bit thicker for the tail/ brake light as it's a cluster of LEDs.

Should be fine with that, I can't see them drawing anywhere near 2A more like 100MA tops :thumb:

• Like 1

Today I removed and greased that horrible top Honda Deauville engine mounting bolt that is NOTORIOUS for seizing solid, very happy that I got it in time and hopefully I wont be a future horror story like the ones I have read about....phew :)

bolt1.jpg

bolt2.jpg

bolt3.jpg

bolt4.jpg

57 minutes ago, paulc said:

Today I removed and greased that horrible top Honda Deauville engine mounting bolt that is NOTORIOUS for seizing solid, very happy that I got it in time and hopefully I wont be a future horror story like the ones I have read about....phew :)

bolt1.jpg

bolt2.jpg

bolt3.jpg

bolt4.jpg

Is there a reason people remove them? IE does it have to come as part of a service or something? 

There is a few bikes that have that problem 

2 hours ago, Stu said:

Is there a reason people remove them? IE does it have to come as part of a service or something? 

There is a few bikes that have that problem 

The deauvilles top engine mounting bolt oxidises and seizes solid which causes huge problems when taking the engine out or replacing cracked engine spacers between the engine and frame which causes high speed vibrations, look at the length of the bolt and the width so if it oxidises solid its going to be easy to snap, so it was an hour well spent😊

Edited by paulc
  • Like 1

Just in case some somebody goes on "No pics, doesn't exist..." :P 

First cut the brass rod 4cm longer than required.

with the mini "dremel" made a flat spot on each side so the spanner could grip it.

then made the M5 thread 12mm long

Drilled Ø2.5mm hole from the thread side all the way the whole length of the drill bit

finally cut the connector to size, added the washer and rubber o-ring ready to sync carbs :thumb: 

Because the idiot in B&Q didn't scan the brass rod when I got it it end up s a free tool 😁

IMG_20210125_132932.jpg.b5c37cba52c011d77b39eafadb2f8198.jpg

• Like 1

Took Betty's back wheel off and gave it a good clean but i was actually after the chain. Thats now sparkling and soaking in a bucket of oil. Checked spark plug....spot on 🙂 changed oil,  should have been done sooner it was grim. Have to say its a cracking little bike and im so lucky to have it. Ideal learners bike. Put Kat on paddock stands and ordered a fuel filter. Feel better now im messing with bikes. I think Andy might be getting a Triumph Tiger !!!

Need a bigger shed !!!

IMG-20210124-WA0008.jpeg

Edited by gymwitch
  • Like 2

On 24/01/2021 at 12:58, dynax said:

Should be fine with that, I can't see them drawing anywhere near 2A more like 100MA tops :thumb:

Not a bad guess - with both tail and brake lights on it's about 130Ma.  So I can use that wire no problem.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, gymwitch said:

Took Betty's back wheel off and gave it a good clean but i was actually after the chain. Thats now sparkling and soaking in a bucket of oil. Checked spark plug....spot on 🙂 changed oil,  should have been done sooner it was grim. Have to say its a cracking little bike and im so lucky to have it. Ideal learners bike. Put Kat on paddock stands and ordered a fuel filter. Feel better now im messing with bikes. I think Andy might be getting a Triumph Tiger !!!

Need a bigger shed !!!

IMG-20210124-WA0008.jpeg

nice 😇

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, gymwitch said:

Is that a good thing? 

2 minutes ago, gymwitch said:

Is that a good thing? 

it makes it hard work getting the chain off you need a chain splitter i would sooner have a split link much easier, once the chain is off i dip it in linklife and the hot grease gets inside the chain, the only problem now though is getting linklife i dont know if you can get it on fleabay or not :classic_unsure:

2 minutes ago, skyrider said:

it makes it hard work getting the chain off you need a chain splitter i would sooner have a split link much easier, once the chain is off i dip it in linklife and the hot grease gets inside the chain, the only problem now though is getting linklife i dont know if you can get it on fleabay or not :classic_unsure:

just looked on fleabay and putoline now sell it they call it chain wax £25 for non O ring chains