What did you do to your bike today?

Stu

Whacked a deposit down on one.

Been waiting for my insurance claim to play out since I was knocked off back in August. Got the pay out for the S1000R but liability still in dispute.

Anyway, nearly lumped money down for a Street Fighter V4S just before Xmas but decided to go with the 2021 S1000R Sport.

Delivers in May - just in time for the start of bike season.

Can’t bloody wait. This has been my longest hiatus from riding since passing my CBT!

• Like 6

11 hours ago, Joe85 said:

Whacked a deposit down on one.

Been waiting for my insurance claim to play out since I was knocked off back in August. Got the pay out for the S1000R but liability still in dispute.

Anyway, nearly lumped money down for a Street Fighter V4S just before Xmas but decided to go with the 2021 S1000R Sport.

Delivers in May - just in time for the start of bike season.

Can’t bloody wait. This has been my longest hiatus from riding since passing my CBT!

Sweet!

Why not the v4s?

1 hour ago, geofferz said:

Sweet!

Why not the v4s?

Was very tempted, but the final cost came in at around £25k which is 7k more than the S1000R.

Anyway, hope you are well mate.

Edited by Joe85
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Mississippi Bullfrog said:

Got so bored that despite the weather conditions I did the oil change. By the time I finished my hands were so cold it was agony putting the tools away.

You need some hot chocolate - that's what it was invented for.

• Haha 1

On 06/02/2021 at 18:19, TimR said:

Loobman...

Double sided delivery method .

I was tempted to buy a loobman for my gibaldi oiler as I think I can make it fit that as well, being vain it will look better on my TDM.

On 10/02/2021 at 16:19, Joe85 said:

Was very tempted, but the final cost came in at around £25k which is 7k more than the S1000R.

Yeah fair! Funny that they didn't increase the power output to keep up with the new crop, but 165 is more than enough. Exciting. 

I'm very well thanks mate! 

On 10/02/2021 at 16:19, Joe85 said:

Yeah fair! Funny that they didn't increase the power output to keep up with the new crop, but 165 is more than enough. Exciting. 

I'm very well thanks mate! 

12 hours ago, S-Westerly said:

Probably,  which is quite disheartening if you are trying to avoid boosting the Chinese economy 🤔

Agreed, but trying to source components from Europe is proving to be impossible.

In November it took 3 days for things to arrive from Germany. In January I ordered parts from the US, 5 days delivery. On 2 Feb I ordered the oiler from China, 11 days delivery.

On 3 January I ordered some parts from Germany, still no sign of them and the company says they're unable to comply with the new shipping paperwork so are suspending all deliveries to the UK.

• Sad 1

I sent an email to HEED last week enquiring about their products. Below is their response. Hopefully it will get sorted soon. 

Hello
Unfortunately because of BREXIT we had to suspend our offer for UK. We need week or 2 to fulfill law rules to start selling again. Please be back after this time.

---
Pozdrawiam / Regards

ZPH HEED J. Tokarz
Częstochowa, Poland
NIP: 9491806489
Tel. +48 663464653
E-mail: [email protected]
http://www.heed.com.pl

Had an appointment in Cheltenham for ears. So rode there and back the interesting way. Have to do the same again on Thursday  so what a shame. Might only be 30 miles or so but it's nice just to be out on the bike. 

• Like 3

Husband fixed the gate and sprayed Betty with dust and shite in the process THENNNN left her out in the rain !!! Fookin furious 😡

Sent him the pic and said thats a twats trick with numerous middle finger emojis....he text back ....dont be putting that dirty bike in my clean shed 😡 what a cock 😒

20210215_145440.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

Last weekend with the temp outside - 3.8C and the shed at - 2.2C. I decided to take the battery off the GS125 and put inside on the optimiser.

905778610_tempSaturdayFeb132021.JPG.ed67261eff89df33281ab461eef186f8.JPG

Over this winter the 125 has not cranked as fast as it used to. The battery is over 8 years old now but still looks good on the opitimiser. I decided to have a look at my battery terminals. Next step would be the starter motor. 

Over this winter the battery has been on and off more that usual for taking indoors on freezing weekends. So no surprise really that the posts have deformed a bit, the main thing i s noticed was the posts connection faces were no longer flat.

2120451900_Negativeasis.JPG.440d48f25af6969f19bc38b6208c36d1.JPG

I set about with a small flat file with my best apprentice filing technique and took the minimum material off to get a flat surface. 

1767417883_Negativehalfdone.JPG.b4c34e1ee5191764288ee44b3f7171ff.JPG

Did the same with the positive post

935277620_Positivedone.JPG.966dcba028b5934bba6c9117ca18be14.JPG

When done i did the same with the bikes wire terminals.

With the oil heater on the internal temp was now +4C. I gave up for the day and retired to the living room with a cuppa.

Battery ready to refit.JPG