What did you do to your bike today?

Stu

1 minute ago, Slowlycatchymonkey said:

I wash mine in the machine, not often though just when muddy, turned inside out and zipped up. Seems to do the trick. I’m definitely too lazy for three hand washes in a bath! 

I don't think my washing machine works miracles... :) 

You would have to see what condition they were.

Later will finish it with a jetwash to remove all the soap and give a final clean.

Next step is to care for the leather jacket and trousers.

1 hour ago, husoi said:

I don't think my washing machine works miracles... :) 

You would have to see what condition they were.

Later will finish it with a jetwash to remove all the soap and give a final clean.

Next step is to care for the leather jacket and trousers.

Good luck with that! 

• Like 1

3 washes after and jetwash I'm quite pleased with the result.

IMG_20210316_165013.jpg.1e8a0ee96fc41e29ce09f5672561dac1.jpg

Now is waiting for it to dry. Which here in Scotland can take up to 2 weeks...  🙄

IMG_20210317_090214.jpg.9263f3eacf867cb6bcf40ac7552f5954.jpg

IMG_20210317_102842.jpg.a0fd13e6c1e23f2a10082dd337b5d101.jpg

Had these arrive today, arrived quicker than an order from John Lewis, and they came from a much further distance to boot. :o

Guess I'll be fitting them over the weekend.

Fish

Spools.jpg

• Like 1

Went out to test the booster plug - an essential trip as I wanted to find where the vaccination centre is that I will eventually need to go to.

It does what it says on the tin. Takes all the snatchiness out of low speed throttle riding, like filtering and roundabouts. Previously I had to be judicious with the clutch especially on rural bends or wet roundabouts to prevent the back end letting go. Now it's more predictable and smooth. I was having so much fun I actually found the ABS kicking in for the first time since I've had the bike, on a bone dry road. Full throttle is either the same or very slightly better, probably mainly because the initial twist is now more progressive so it just feels more linear.

Money well spent.

• Like 3

70 miles on Cotswolds B roads dodging horses and their poo. De-stresses me nicely. Saw lots of bikes out, more each time. I guess it's a combination of warmer,  dryer weather and lockdown fatigue. Folks are just getting fed up with it and pushing the boundaries as much as they can.

• Like 4

54 minutes ago, S-Westerly said:

70 miles on Cotswolds B roads dodging horses and their poo. De-stresses me nicely. Saw lots of bikes out, more each time. I guess it's a combination of warmer,  dryer weather and lockdown fatigue. Folks are just getting fed up with it and pushing the boundaries as much as they can.

The roads round here were full of bikes. Clearly lockdown has ended early. 

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Mississippi Bullfrog said:

The roads round here were full of bikes. Clearly lockdown has ended early. 

The problem is from COVID risk point of view riding your bike is fairly low risk. The temptation is large.

I see it on sailing forums people going to there boat to prep it for summer. Not within the rules but not exactly high risk. 

“Outdoor recreation You can spend time in outdoor public spaces for recreation on your own, with your household or support bubble, or with one other person. This means you can sit down for a drink or picnic. You must continue to maintain social distance from those outside your household. This is in addition to outdoor exercise, which is already permitted.”

my bike is my outdoor recreation, can that not be argued.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, onesea said:

The problem is from COVID risk point of view riding your bike is fairly low risk. The temptation is large.

I see it on sailing forums people going to there boat to prep it for summer. Not within the rules but not exactly high risk. 

“Outdoor recreation You can spend time in outdoor public spaces for recreation on your own, with your household or support bubble, or with one other person. This means you can sit down for a drink or picnic. You must continue to maintain social distance from those outside your household. This is in addition to outdoor exercise, which is already permitted.”

my bike is my outdoor recreation, can that not be argued.

Precisely. The rules are ambiguous. Does a ride count as outdoor recreation or an unnecessary journey? 

Mind the gathering outside J&S was a bit pointless, they're still closed.

Hereabouts  plod is obviously not stopping bikers. Just knocking on the doors of grannies living in sheltered housing at 10pm cos they were reported as having cups of tea in their shared garden in the afternoon.

Firstly: what the f**k are the police even thinking when they pull this kind of shit?!

Secondly: what kind of sad bast*rd even thinks about reporting this to plod in the first place? Personally I'd not piss on them if they were on fire.

I'm going to have to go and have a lie down.

Edited by S-Westerly
  • Like 2

33 minutes ago, S-Westerly said:

Hereabouts  plod is obviously not stopping bikers. Just knocking on the doors of grannies living in sheltered housing at 10pm cos they were reported as having cups of tea in their shared garden in the afternoon.

Firstly: what the f**k are the police even thinking when they pull this kind of shit?!

Secondly: what kind of sad bast*rd even thinks about reporting this to plod in the first place? Personally I'd not piss on them if they were on fire.

I'm going to have to go and have a lie down.

If you knew how much, the mental health of some elderly is struggling you would be more than restless...

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Six30 said:

Does what it says on the tin 

F1C9D253-A9CC-4051-8291-959DDAC60F84.jpeg

0BDF11DA-9D8D-4902-8526-02638204E698.jpeg

Oh my lord how clean, I tweeted my chain oiler today. I didn't put any gloves on, I had to put them on to get into the house my hands where BLACK. 

Today I got my carbs balanced on The Trophy, then put it back together.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, onesea said:

If you knew how much, the mental health of some elderly is struggling you would be more than restless...

My parents are both still alive. They are in their 90's and not at all happy. Seen no family for months.

Cleaned it thoroughly yesterday as for the first time in a long while it wasn't too cold to work on it. Then rode to Warminster to have a coffee with a mate then back via Cirencester. Amazingly it was still clean when I got home, no mud and crap all over it.

Just taxed Xena and my insurance has also come down again for this year, both bikes comprehensive  cover £268 but paying slightly more as a monthly DD, can't grumble at that though :thumb:

1 hour ago, dynax said:

Just taxed Xena and my insurance has also come down again for this year, both bikes comprehensive  cover £268 but paying slightly more as a monthly DD, can't grumble at that though :thumb:

When you say "Both" bikes have you found a way to keep the CG or are you referring to the little French moped?

Fingers crossed for the CG.

Cheers

Ian