What did you do to your bike today?

Stu

104 miles on Bridget today, initially rode around Donny then called in to garage and filled her up.

Went to Gainsborough and took a picture at the Trent Port Hotel, then went to jolly Scunthorpe, didn't know which way to go after that so came back to Gainsborough and back home via Bawtry.

She never missed a beat although the battery was too flat to start initially but fired up on second kickstart and is running like a dream :thumb:

P1020950.thumb.JPG.ef21ab270fb261cb77a4165f89d38b94.JPG

• Like 2

When i bought my bike a replacement battery was nearly £600 and there was only the OEM available. A lot of money for a battery that was only 4" wide and just a box with a series of phone batteries inside. Fortunately the battery makers saw an opportunity and now, happily there are alternatives. But the OEM still costs £470. The "Made in Japan" mark adds a lot of tax!!

When I first had a look at it I was amazed, both by the size and weight, light as a feather. Its tiny. Not much bigger than 2 packets of cigarettes stuck together.  Ive been lucky with mine so far.. completely problem free. I expect to get 8+ years from it. Seems to be completely unaffected by the weather.. cold or heat. Ive not needed to buy a battery minder for it yet. I'm in no rush.

Adventure Sports Battery.jpg

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, Gerontious said:

When i bought my bike a replacement battery was nearly £600 and there was only the OEM available. A lot of money for a battery that was only 4" wide and just a box with a series of phone batteries inside. Fortunately the battery makers saw an opportunity and now, happily there are alternatives. But the OEM still costs £470. The "Made in Japan" mark adds a lot of tax!!

When I first had a look at it I was amazed, both by the size and weight, light as a feather. Its tiny. Not much bigger than 2 packets of cigarettes stuck together.  Ive been lucky with mine so far.. completely problem free. I expect to get 8+ years from it. Seems to be completely unaffected by the weather.. cold or heat. Ive not needed to buy a battery minder for it yet. I'm in no rush.

Adventure Sports Battery.jpg

That is SO tiny!! 

47 minutes ago, The GOAT said:

That is SO tiny!! 

The width is the largest part.. the battery is lying on its back. Its just a tad wider than tall.. and just over 2.5" from front to back.

The OEM price was outrageous.. but now you can buy a direct replacement for just over £100. and i fully expect that price to tumble further,  as this type of battery becomes the norm.. bear in mind, the very first fully mobile phones ran on lead/acid  batteries.  lithum was developed to the current point to be safe, small and reliable. Nobody thinks twice about have one in their pocket.. or charging on their bedside table at night.

Edited by Gerontious

Removed the Sat Nav bracket. Went for a ride to Southport, on my way home the bracket decided to break after going over a slight bump in the road, It was purchased off Fleabay, it was made using 3D printing PEGT, wasn't exactly cheap but cheaper than the KTM one. #shouldhaveboughtKTM.

broken bike GIF 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

OK,

I admit

I cleaned it

you might think it is boring

but the sun was shining

which is damn rare around here

but what is more interesting

is that I cleaned the dust form my Beemer

because I rode it

as no one any longer forbids it

So I am a happy bunny

and I hope you are all happy

But I will do better next time

and I will take a picture of the bike with no grime

Dan

• Like 3

Took the eldest out for the first time this year. He's now a teenager, so when I asked him if he wanted to come out I thought he wasn't really up for it, because he just said "ok" in a very neutral tone.

Turns out after my wife quizzed him (after I said "I'm not sure if he's really up for it") even though he said "ok" in a really neutral tone it meant he was super excited and looking forward to it, and was actually mildly surprised that I thought any different. 

How long does this phase last? A month or two?

5 minutes ago, SometimesSansEngine said:

Took the eldest out for the first time this year. He's now a teenager, so when I asked him if he wanted to come out I thought he wasn't really up for it, because he just said "ok" in a very neutral tone.

Turns out after my wife quizzed him (after I said "I'm not sure if he's really up for it") even though he said "ok" in a really neutral tone it meant he was super excited and looking forward to it, and was actually mildly surprised that I thought any different. 

more like a year or two :classic_huh:

• Sad 1

9 hours ago, SometimesSansEngine said:

In my experience - years. Can't be seen to be too enthusiastic to do anything with parents! When I proposed going somewhere exotic and exciting for a holiday I got the same response as if I'd asked them to come to Sainsbury with me. Needless to say they thoroughly enjoyed the holiday and in normal times are planning to take their own kids to the same kind of place.

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, SometimesSansEngine said:

I don't know with lads, with girls it lasts from about 8 through to about 20.

• Sad 1

8 hours ago, The Hitcher said:

Went for a nice ride down to the south coast on some good roads, also managed a personal best for fuel economy!.

4FE910F3-FCFF-4F87-AC8B-9719B243B466.jpeg

And what's the personal worst :lol: 

We know which is most fun :D 

1 hour ago, Stu said:

And what's the personal worst :lol: 

We know which is most fun :D 

On the Yamaha?, pretty consistent about 30 is the worst.

Worst bike I’ve had for fuel was an RSV4, it reckoned its average was 25 the whole time!.

I’m doing a track day in July so I’ll keep you posted how bad it gets on that-definately the most fun too!.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, husoi said:

Not really today or yesterday..

Sat trip as said on previous post.

Pic taken in Anstruther.

IMG_20210403_112757.thumb.jpg.c46fe53d1704e572526c38c49a2c5c7b.jpg

Bike looks like you're tickling it's bumhole . 

• Haha 4

On 31/03/2021 at 18:52, fastbob said:

I don't know what bike he's got yet . Could be a proper ground shaker of a Big Twin Harley . My neighbor gets his MOT done at the same place and he has a 1600 Marauder with no baffles in Shotgun Pipes and that IS loud. It doesn't have the crazy random rhythms of a carburettor Harley though . 

Did the MoT go ok? & how loud were the testers pipes?

On 05/04/2021 at 11:46, Mickly said:

Did the MoT go ok? & how loud were the testers pipes?

The bike passed with an advisory on the front pads . I didn't see the guy's bike but we had a chat . It's a Harley Big Twin chopper with a 300 back tyre and very short pipes apparently . I replaced the pads this evening . Nice and easy , no issues . 

IMG_20210407_212554873.jpg

IMG_20210407_212608058.jpg

• Like 2

On 04/04/2021 at 21:50, Dan HTREP said:

OK,

I admit

I cleaned it

you might think it is boring

but the sun was shining

which is damn rare around here

but what is more interesting

is that I cleaned the dust form my Beemer

because I rode it

as no one any longer forbids it

So I am a happy bunny

and I hope you are all happy

But I will do better next time

and I will take a picture of the bike with no grime

Dan

I thought this was a poem . 😂

• Haha 1

Well .... Ideal number of Motorbikes  = N+1 .... or 2 in this case ...

Been to York this morning to collect another 2 MZ’s for rescue .... 

Let the oily rag restoration commence .....

Any MZ 125 / 150 parts you have lying around send them this way please .....

KlPcbRUDSKiPmzKirCZx7Q.jpg

68+6D3Q2RpOghHzHrHCw1g.jpg

X6PbvCBtSPKCPW4yk8cjWQ.jpg

zRC%yGxLRK6wjp7i2wfALA.jpg

• Like 7