What did you do to your bike today?

Stu

1 hour ago, Stu said:

I would be worried if they did as you would have a gas leak :lol: 

They are made to withstand more than a few sparks 

That was the theory I was working on. Which I am pleased to say proved to be right.

Better than the chap I know who tried welding his car sill without removing the carpet first. That did not end well.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, skyrider said:

do you think it could have been a faulty spring Bob

1 hour ago, skyrider said:

do you think it could have been a faulty spring Bob

It's one possible explanation .

1 hour ago, Mississippi Bullfrog said:

Shiny 😁

IMG_20210422_151204663.jpg

I do miss the appearance of a nice chain but not the expense and the hassle . 

Screenshot_20210422-170828.png

4 minutes ago, Stu said:

Went for a ride up the coast on mine tonight! 

Was nice when we set off and 7 degrees when we decided to head back 🥶

I keep looking at the sunshine but I wish the air would warm up . ❄️

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, fastbob said:

I keep looking at the sunshine but I wish the air would warm up . ❄️

Yeah it seems to be taking its bloody time! 

It's nice in the sun but that wind chill is a killer! 

Took the bike to work today, longest route, removed the fittings for the top box, took a young friend of the family out for a thrash around the country roads for an an hour after he had finished school, lubed the chain, ordered a chinkie for the tribe, opened can of low alcohol beer (5%) ... Watched Frank of Ireland ..

Had 3 and a half hours in the saddle non stop today, did the ride to the test centre took a little over 30 mins, so will allow an hour as there is some roadworks on route and early in the morning, after that I just rode around here there and everywhere did around 150 miles in total, I just started to get a bit numb a few miles from home so not bad, so at least I know I can stay seated on the bike for a few hours now, that is definitely my longest single ride without a break :thumb:

• Like 3

The Grip Puppies I ordered for @Magpie84's bike have arrived, so I get the joy of watching her try and get them on her bike.

Knowing my luck they'll both go on fine, unlike the left hand side on mine which was a right pig, despite the throttle side being easy

On My Way Cat GIF

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

On 22/04/2021 at 22:04, Stu said:

Yeah it seems to be taking its bloody time! 

It's nice in the sun but that wind chill is a killer! 

Here's our local weather guru explaining what the hell is going on

https://www.facebook.com/496339580557163/posts/1591078424416601/

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, rennie said:

battery still not charged won't be going anywhere :crybaby:

Have you checked with a multimeter ? I got given an Optimate 3 that charges but dosen't switch to Maintain mode . 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, SometimesSansEngine said:

The Grip Puppies I ordered for @Magpie84's bike have arrived, so I get the joy of watching her try and get them on her bike.

Knowing my luck they'll both go on fine, unlike the left hand side on mine which was a right pig, despite the throttle side being easy

On My Way Cat GIF

blow them on!
seriously so much easier, a little air pressure on the inside and they slide on with a cousin of air.

I used a dinghy/ camp bed pump.  Or get you misses on her knees just don’t forget the third handle 🥴😂

Edited by onesea
  • Haha 2

5 hours ago, fastbob said:

Have you checked with a multimeter ? I got given an Optimate 3 that charges but dosen't switch to Maintain mode . 

that could be why you were given it Bob 🤣

2 hours ago, onesea said:

blow them on!
seriously so much easier, a little air pressure on the inside and they slide on with a cousin of air.

I used a dinghy/ camp bed pump.  Or get you misses on her knees just don’t forget the third handle 🥴😂

In the end hers were easier to fit than mine... At least once I took over 😆 (possibly didn't help that I may have been making rude noises we she tried to get them on and suggesting she tried to twist it a bit to really get the good stuff)

• Haha 3

Got on the shadow before 10am, went to Stoneheaven, Banchory, Ballater, Braemar, Perth then home.

Arrived just before 4pm.

Sunny, not very cold, except the Cairngorms which is always cold :) 

light east wind getting a bit stronger after 3pm.

A great day for a 230 miles trip :thumb: 

• Like 6

1 hour ago, husoi said:

Got on the shadow before 10am, went to Stoneheaven, Banchory, Ballater, Braemar, Perth then home.

Arrived just before 4pm.

Sunny, not very cold, except the Cairngorms which is always cold :) 

light east wind getting a bit stronger after 3pm.

A great day for a 230 miles trip :thumb: 

I had a blue Ice Lolly called an Electric Blue in Stonehaven in 1968 after we had driven all the way from Coventry in a Morris Minor  . That was one of the treats of going to Scotland in the 60's , you could get different sweets and Pop ( Or Ale as my Grandfather used to call it ) I suppose globalization has put paid to all that . 

• Like 1

Moved mine out of the garage for an hour or so today

As well as a hole host of stuff while I put another carpet in there to replace my old one 

Makes laying on the floor working on the bike a bike more comfortable! Which is the whole reason I got a bike lift so I didn't have to lay on the floor 🤦‍♂️

• Haha 3

Took the GT out for the first time this year.  55 mile round trip of a good mix of the delightfully twisty B roads of North Herefordshire/South Shropshire and a blast along the A49 from Craven Arms to the Cadbury's roundabout at Marlbrook, then home.  Still grinning. ;-)

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Turbogirlie said:

Took the GT out for the first time this year.  55 mile round trip of a good mix of the delightfully twisty B roads of North Herefordshire/South Shropshire and a blast along the A49 from Craven Arms to the Cadbury's roundabout at Marlbrook, then home.  Still grinning. ;-)

Beautiful riding country . I pass through those places as often as I can when I'm on my way to Wales . Have you been down the Vale of Kerry ( Ceri ) ? The road starts a few miles north of Craven Arms and ends in Newtown . 

• Like 2