What did you do to your bike today?

Stu

Beeeeer. Clutch change before thundersport on Monday at Cadwell. I think the clutch has done 57k and the plates are in spec but the basket is shagged. Inner basket worn where the springs go. No longer available. Ah well. 

PXL_20210527_172022279.jpg

• Like 3

On 25/05/2021 at 21:42, TimR said:

Rode it into the back of a van ! 

Thankfully my own van and took it to be thrashed around Castle Coombe with Local IAM group ...

Took the wife and her bike also (would be rude not to) 

Finally decided to buy a Van that we can use for TD's and going away in with bikes ...

IMG_20210525_135000999_HDR~2.jpg

IMG_20210525_203717613~2.jpg

IMG_20210525_204923455.jpg

thats what im going to do ,get a van chuck bike in the back , go away with mrs , she can come on back , sometimes, or go shopping preferably shopping i'll go out on bike ... win win.

• Like 1

On 27/05/2021 at 08:53, Stu said:

I have also tried all sorts and have settled on a smaller screen with a spoiler as per the photo 

I get a weird buffeting on the top of my helmet as does the pillion and I think that is due to the sheer angle of the screen when in the fully up position! 

you gays..... your on a fooking motorbike your get wind and buffeting screen or not....

• Haha 2

Friday ...

Engine Management Light on .. 

Well .. according to the Dealer the engine temp sensor to the ECU has failed ... new one for the 2nd June and with labour i’m looking at a bill the wrong side of £200. !!!!
At 8000 miles why am i looking at a bill for a failed sensor, failed due to heavy rain, on an “Adventure, Ride the World “ bike RE ?
Royal Enfield Himalayan .. the Adventure Bike that can't go out in the rain !!!
Not a happy bunny at all ..
Who do i email chaps ....

Saturday ...

And now the LCD data panel has gone blank !!!!
This just gets worse ......

Sunday ...

Instrument binnacle removed, split, and attacked with a hair dryer followed up by 30 mins in the hot sun ( yes, hot sun in South Yorkshire, relatively ), seal lubed, re-assembled and tested ... Satis !  👍

It’s still my favourite bike ... £300+ plus investment in a carburettor kit from Hitchcocks beckons ... Sod FI ..

4 hours ago, Six30 said:

you gays..... your on a fooking motorbike your get wind and buffeting screen or not....

Believe it or not I got less on a sports bike than I do on a tourer :? 

5 hours ago, Six30 said:

My sons Gay ... he can’t stand the buffeting from his hair dryer  ... 😅

• Haha 1

17 minutes ago, Joe85 said:

It's been almost a year, but i'm back in the game, baby!

w70n2ZU.jpg

Very nice 

Good to see you around :thumb: 

• Thanks 1

After drying out the Himma ....

Started the MZ "1 out of 2”  assembly. The idea is to get all the best parts from the 2 bikes onto one chassis ... not restored ... just in the one place ... and this is it .. 

C6vOwmkrR3OtOfm55MJuGA.jpg

The second bike can be seen in the background and will make a good source of spares for any other MZ rebuilders. Hopefully ..

Now  .. does anyone have a MZ TS 125 / 150 downpipe in any condition I can use as a pattern to make a new stainless version ... Please ..

Note Riley’s ex-chair ... brilliant tool holder  ....

+eB8lQtJTgOwueKUkM8zaA.jpg

Edited by Trooper74

On 27/05/2021 at 07:59, Mississippi Bullfrog said:

I'd be interested to hear how you get on with it. I was looking at one of those last week.

Test it today and not very happy. Will try tomorrow with different setup.

I had it in highest position pretty upright, will try tomorrow set it in lime with original shield.

it created lot of turbulence around the shoulders and it was noisy. 
will see what will happen tomorrow.

on the other side highway pegs are fantastic, not for short rides but it will be perfect on long motorway miles.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Stu said:

Believe it or not I got less on a sports bike than I do on a tourer :? 

Quite so . Although I wasn't actually behind the screen , riding my GSXR was like being in a still-air bubble . If I was doing highly illegal speeds I used to sit upright to act as an air brake when I needed to slow down . 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, fastbob said:

Quite so . Although I wasn't actually behind the screen , riding my GSXR was like being in a still-air bubble . If I was doing highly illegal speeds I used to sit upright to act as an air brake when I needed to slow down . 

Yup same on any sports bike I have owned 

But the FJR even with its  electric adjustable screen it can be a nightmare to get that sweet spot if at all 

1 minute ago, Stu said:

Yup same on any sports bike I have owned 

But the FJR even with its  electric adjustable screen it can be a nightmare to get that sweet spot if at all 

One criticism of the Blackbird was that it went straight from nought to stupid speeds before anyone realised what was happening . 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, fastbob said:

A lovely ride out around Warwickshire and parts of Worcestershire . Summer's here at last . 

IMG_20210530_193139425_HDR.jpg

I so hope you are right!

We had a lovely little trundle round Oundle and down to J&S in Finedon before stopping for a light lunch near home today.

See you now have a slopey number plate, looks good!

We are going over to Herefordshire next Sunday so will be going Daventry, Southam, Warwick route if you fancy a coffee stop?

Cheers

Ian

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, Marino said:

Test it today and not very happy. Will try tomorrow with different setup.

I had it in highest position pretty upright, will try tomorrow set it in lime with original shield.

it created lot of turbulence around the shoulders and it was noisy. 
will see what will happen tomorrow.

on the other side highway pegs are fantastic, not for short rides but it will be perfect on long motorway miles.

went for a ride around Wales, I tried the new screen with the spoiler on today, ended up at an angle to deflect the wind on my shoulders, helmet in clean air around the chops. 🤣 I'm not sure about it on the small screen.....interested to see how you get on with it 

Inked20210530_145500_LI.jpg

25 minutes ago, Ian Frog said:

I so hope you are right!

We had a lovely little trundle round Oundle and down to J&S in Finedon before stopping for a light lunch near home today.

See you now have a slopey number plate, looks good!

We are going over to Herefordshire next Sunday so will be going Daventry, Southam, Warwick route if you fancy a coffee stop?

Cheers

Ian

In that case it just has to Sally's Place in the Malvern Hills . 

A couple of days late but needed badly to destress from work on Thursday so took the bikes to Caban Coch reservoir in the Elan Valley - lovely evening of riding, not too much traffic around so getting more used to the handling of the GT750 & being back on a bike in general.  And yes, it was cathartic, the complete reset I badly needed.  (My team leader resorted to Prosecco to unwind - know which I'd rather)

IMG_20210527_185057_1.jpg

IMG_20210527_215734_717-1.jpg

• Like 5

12 hours ago, James in Brum said:

I know I could ignore and scroll past but I won’t. Leave the ‘gays’ stuff out of it ey? 

Middle Finger GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

• Like 1