What did you do to your bike today?

Stu

Picked my forks up after having the new springs put in. 
Put the bike back together. Didn’t start until 19:30 as that’s what time I got back from picking them up. All done by 22:00

Test day tomorrow….

Edited by fullscreenaging
  • Like 4

Ruined it with this screen 😭 i hope it transforms me into a blissful realm of windless wonderment on the mway cos it looks like shite. I feel like ive fallen out of the cool club and ended up in old codger land 😫😫😫20210602_094814.thumb.jpg.76929a284ad8371373ec5b4dbddab701.jpg

• Confused 1

Hmm not sure about that look @gymwitch I think I would have gone for neck exercise classes before admitting defeat.

Oh and before anyone accuses me of hypocrisy for riding the Busa with a screen the ZRX and Harley neither have them to any noticeble  degree and those that know me will hopefully agree I don`t tend to dawdle on motorways and duals lol.

Still if it works for you girl especially if you can make those fittings quick change maybe?

Cheers

Ian

36 minutes ago, Ian Frog said:

Hmm not sure about that look @gymwitch I think I would have gone for neck exercise classes before admitting defeat.

Oh and before anyone accuses me of hypocrisy for riding the Busa with a screen the ZRX and Harley neither have them to any noticeble  degree and those that know me will hopefully agree I don`t tend to dawdle on motorways and duals lol.

Still if it works for you girl especially if you can make those fittings quick change maybe?

Cheers

Ian

Its poo isnt it. How to ruin a bike with 4 screws ☹

On the up side very easy to remove for normal use and save it for long trips.

I confess a screen came with my Harley but I have never fitted it and cant believe I ever will (Standard silencers the same lol).

Treat it like work clothing and "Remove before playtime"

Cheers

Ian

2 hours ago, gymwitch said:

Ruined it with this screen 😭 i hope it transforms me into a blissful realm of windless wonderment on the mway cos it looks like shite. I feel like ive fallen out of the cool club and ended up in old codger land 😫😫😫20210602_094814.thumb.jpg.76929a284ad8371373ec5b4dbddab701.jpg

You may not appreciate in the summer so much. However my first 2 years where spent on a naked bike, I will not go back.

Don’t expect windless you are on a bike after all, however it can make long days out much more pleasurable, Particularly on damp, cool days.

Next it will be hand guards...

• Like 1

9 hours ago, gymwitch said:

As an old codger have to say it looks very similar to the screen on my bike which was standard anyway. That said I stopped worrying about what was cool round about the time platform shoes were the thing. I thought they were hideously uncomfortable  (as well as looking stupid) and ever  since then I have gone for comfort over style. My wife has been known to comment adversely as to my lack of style but I really don't care.

• Like 5

57 minutes ago, onesea said:

You may not appreciate in the summer so much. However my first 2 years where spent on a naked bike, I will not go back.

Don’t expect windless you are on a bike after all, however it can make long days out much more pleasurable, Particularly on damp, cool days.

Next it will be hand guards...

Yes i agree...deffo hand guards for winter stuffs. 

37 minutes ago, S-Westerly said:

As an old codger have to say it looks very similar to the screen on my bike which was standard anyway. That said I stopped worrying about what was cool round about the time platform shoes were the thing. I thought they were hideously uncomfortable  (as well as looking stupid) and ever  since then I have gone for comfort over style. My wife has been known to comment adversely as to my lack of style but I really don't care.

Ive never been stylish....well i have my own style 🤣 im just being dramatic. Its already making a big difference going to work this morning. It will be staying on...im just getting turbulence rather than full bore 'im going to smash you off your bike " wind. 😏 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, gymwitch said:

Think of the positives, I love the screen on Xena it cuts out the buffeting that I used to get without it, and it is a handy place to attach my dashcam and sat nav to :thumb:

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, dynax said:

Think of the positives, I love the screen on Xena it cuts out the buffeting that I used to get without it, and it is a handy place to attach my dashcam and sat nav to :thumb:

I love the name. Still not got one for this bike...completely changed its appearance and it was bought for touring. Just looks badass without all that on it 🤣 how have you attatched your satnav to it?

15 minutes ago, gymwitch said:

I love the name. Still not got one for this bike...completely changed its appearance and it was bought for touring. Just looks badass without all that on it 🤣 how have you attatched your satnav to it?

Suction, using a universal phone mount, the dashcam has a sticky pad :thumb:

• Like 1

I bought the mounts from Halfords, I ended up getting two as each had a different holder and different type of suction arm, so i did a swap to get the best combination.

• Like 1

So yesterday .........

Up at 0430hrs .. and with my Grandson, Connor , we drove to Bristol, did railway stuff there, then on to Exeter, more railway stuff, then Long Rock at Penzance... guess what .. railway stuff .... up to Redruth to our caravan, get all the camping stuff ..tents .. mats.. etc for our camping weekend at Gainsborough with all the family on the 11th June ... 

And picked up a spare Engine for the MZ 150 ...

Then we drove to Newquay, cost road to Mawgan Porth .. showed Connor my first house at St Eval ... Atlantic Highway to Bude ... paddle in the sea then Bideford .... and finally to Taunton Dean Services where we paid £12 to park for the night and we camped out in the Transit ... We had a great day .. long but great ... Maccie D’s for dinner ... and a can of monster and a can of cider ...

Camping in a Transit Van ???

I stopped in Bridgwater Premier Inn last week ... £59 ... this week ..£186 .... They will rip you off .. because they can ...

We left the services at 0500hrs this morning ..... home for 0930hrs ....

Off to Newcastle at 0530hrs in the morning ... railway stuff ...

bSKBvOyGReavLTyLgiCgag.jpg

YNT7PXJbTlazoj7nBRPaMA.jpg

Edited by Trooper74
  • Like 5

8 hours ago, gymwitch said:

I quite like the way that looks....sorry if I missed it but have you tested it’s effectiveness yet?

• Like 2

yeah never been a fan of screens and fairings myself 

• Like 1

It's like the top of the queen's head in aliens 😂 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Bender said:

It's like the top of the queen's head in aliens 😂 

Its been reminding me of something !!! Lolol

13 hours ago, Silentbob83 said:

I quite like the way that looks....sorry if I missed it but have you tested it’s effectiveness yet?

Well theres a few things that have happened. Its made normal 40mph + driving noisy as hell and the whole bike buffety ?? I cant hear the engine either. At 70mph....noisy as hell but blissful windless lovliness has been achieved but its all down to the little spoiler and the position its in. 

Im sure im going to get used to it but the noise level is pretty grim. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, gymwitch said:

Its been reminding me of something !!! Lolol

Well theres a few things that have happened. Its made normal 40mph + driving noisy as hell and the whole bike buffety ?? I cant hear the engine either. At 70mph....noisy as hell but blissful windless lovliness has been achieved but its all down to the little spoiler and the position its in. 

Im sure im going to get used to it but the noise level is pretty grim. 

I found that when I put mine on.... I found sitting more upright helps.

I’m recent convert to ear plugs and this helped massively with the excessive wind noise that was created.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Silentbob83 said:

I’m recent convert to ear plugs and this helped massively with the excessive wind noise that was created.

This might sound crazy but for wind noise it could be your lid.

I had a naked bike and my trophy for a whilst my lid was quite on one and noisey as on the other.
by adding a screen the wind comes from a different angle on to your lid and can make a significant difference.  on one helmet I resolved this by adding a little foam where the visor mechanism was.

The other thought is it because without the wind pressure the noise appears worse.

• Like 2

Recently I found that had what seemed random noise.

End up finding that would happen when I open the top vent on the flip-up.

Further investigation and it was the headphones cable passing just under the vent that was making all the rattling.

Moved the cable to the back and problem solved :thumb: 

The way you lean your head will affect the aerodynamics of the lid and certain positions are noisier than others.

This is even worse if you ride a naked bike and no windscreen.

The difference is really noticeable if your bike have an electric windscreen and you can change its position while riding.

• Like 1

On 01/06/2021 at 14:27, fastbob said:

I've almost had flies that bad once . I was riding past the Cotswold Water Park late one warm evening . In the road ahead I could see what appeared to be dense columns of smoke but when I rode through one I discovered that they were composed of millions of some kind of lake fly . My visor went from clear to zero visibility in an instant so that I had to just brake in a straight line and hope for the best . Luckily , I was prepared for just such an event . TOP TIP . Whenever you visit a KFC with help yourself Clean Up Tissues , fill your pockets . I've just realised that that was the same night that I got nicked by my arch enemy Gloucestershire Constabulary for overtaking a Breakdown Truck on double white lines . 

I managed this in the Pyrenees in 2016 
😀

1ysjEes.jpg

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Silentbob83 said:

Literally just been out and bought a pair and wow what a difference !!!

• Like 1