What did you do to your bike today?

Stu

1 hour ago, onesea said:

Another Old person with screen tip, well set up it can avoid allot of the bug splats...

Im an old person too just trying to fight it off 🤣🤣🤣

Heaton in Newcastle this morning ..set off at 0430hrs ... Railway Stuff done by 0800hrs ... back to Chesterfield, did some deliveries to Doncaster ... then ..... the mail came ...

Another part of the jigsaw ... gear lever turned up today ... 

Really need a downpipe .... MZ TS 125 / 150 ... ???? Anyone ???

uU2%efkdTdWeAxrQYg0qcQ.jpg

Edited by Trooper74
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, onesea said:

This might sound crazy but for wind noise it could be your lid.

I had a naked bike and my trophy for a whilst my lid was quite on one and noisey as on the other.
by adding a screen the wind comes from a different angle on to your lid and can make a significant difference.  on one helmet I resolved this by adding a little foam where the visor mechanism was.

The other thought is it because without the wind pressure the noise appears worse.

I never thought of that....it was definitely quieter before the screen, which would make sense with angle of attack from the wind.

I might experiment with angles of the screen. A mate of mine has the same got air 2; and is about to out a screen on his, will be interesting to see if he has the same.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, gymwitch said:

Literally just been out and bought a pair and wow what a difference !!!

I said the same thing to my mate when he gave me a pair to try....couldn’t believe it, such a simple thing.

• Like 1

Yesterday had a good day out. Straight home from work and got the Z500 out and down to Strawberry Fields Cafe just south of York to meet up with fell VJMC members. Then on to Squires for chat to a few other members and back home via the A1. 140 miles of fun. Just time for a quick cuppa, snooze and back to work.

2015142346_Sfc3-6-21.thumb.JPG.d87a073ee3769bfda1f9b5c4de0b84b9.JPG

1961512988_Sfc23-6-21.thumb.JPG.4ad1ef4ab79a91f222558598320a0479.JPG

• Like 4

3 hours ago, linuxrob said:

Yesterday had a good day out. Straight home from work and got the Z500 out and down to Strawberry Fields Cafe just south of York to meet up with fell VJMC members. Then on to Squires for chat to a few other members and back home via the A1. 140 miles of fun. Just time for a quick cuppa, snooze and back to work.

2015142346_Sfc3-6-21.thumb.JPG.d87a073ee3769bfda1f9b5c4de0b84b9.JPG

1961512988_Sfc23-6-21.thumb.JPG.4ad1ef4ab79a91f222558598320a0479.JPG

Nice to see the Zed out and about . Dare I venture to suggest that the carbs might need balancing ? 

1 hour ago, fastbob said:

Nice to see the Zed out and about . Dare I venture to suggest that the carbs might need balancing ? 

Thanks Bob

Those coloured pipes Bob............... Well

That Motad was sourced from eBay in 2005. The Motad Neta (black chrome with Gold can bought 1990) I had was starting to look a bit  tatty. This one was advertised as discoloured from a Z550 and at £25.00 i snapped his hand off. They are only single skinned anyway  so will colour up. I did think that the bike it was from may have had a ign timing problem with 1 -4 more blue than 2-3.

Mine is set fine, Piranha unit working well, tappets set bang in the centre of the spec and jetting perfect, I balance the carbs last year and here is the vid to prove it!

Edited by linuxrob
  • Like 1

Just love the under seat capacity on the Silverwing.

Carried home from work a Mini cylinder head, ice cream tub with the valves in and the blue box is some valve seat cutters.

And there was room to spare.

20210603_180530.jpg

• Like 1

I have provisionally sold Bridget :thumb:

I saw a mate of mine pushing his heap of crap ybr, long story short told him he could borrow the CG and I would have a look at his over the weekend.

Anyway told him it was for sale and we struck a deal :thumb:

• Like 4

18 minutes ago, dynax said:

I have provisionally sold Bridget :thumb:

I saw a mate of mine pushing his heap of crap ybr, long story short told him he could borrow the CG and I would have a look at his over the weekend.

Anyway told him it was for sale and we struck a deal :thumb:

Did you get the ybr? 

9 minutes ago, dynax said:

Yes but not to keep, I told him to bring it to mine and i would have a look at it.

Just in anticipation . 

Screenshot_20210604-210129.png

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Bender said:

What sort of deal is that 😂 

It's a right heap of junk, I will try and get it going but if not he can pick it up and scrap it.

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, fastbob said:

Just in anticipation . 

Screenshot_20210604-210129.png

It will need more than that, just about every panel is held on with cable ties, it's leaking oil faster than you can drink a cup of tea, the clutch lever is so bent and twisted it needs two hands to move it, the tyres are well we won't go there, and that's just from a quick look around it.

• Confused 1

Thinking about it it will probably need a top end rebuild, it has spark has fuel, but  when it turns over it seems to lack compression, could be the valves or even the cam chain I will take the top end off and have a look sometime tomorrow.

Sold it. Then replaced it with a shiny new one 😄

Bye bye to the Bonnie (it’s been nice, but time for something different) and hello to the Triple. 

Dealer fitted heated grips, fly screen and tail tidy. Then rode home in the pissing rain 😒

DCCA3BE6-4922-47A0-9FA5-2FA0EB7195BC.jpeg

05A3AF58-E0F9-4245-B4E1-5372575D3275.jpeg

767C33BD-2AB9-48E4-986E-A97E6730382A.jpeg

564D4D28-CE8D-40E4-9CFE-6616ACB88FA8.jpeg

• Like 9

22 hours ago, dynax said:

Thinking about it it will probably need a top end rebuild, it has spark has fuel, but  when it turns over it seems to lack compression, could be the valves or even the cam chain I will take the top end off and have a look sometime tomorrow.

are you saying it's a heap of junk, got to remember it is chinese

12 hours ago, skyrider said:

are you saying it's a heap of junk, got to remember it is chinese

It is a heap of junk and not because it's chinese just the fact it's been neglected, it was an ex school bike so who knows how many times it's been dropped and what abuse it's had :thumb: