What did you do to your bike today?

Stu

300 miles !!! Got a numb ass and my ears are ringing !!! Went to Anglesea and had a mooch round then back home. Epic day 😊

Screenshot_20210607-115800_Telegram.jpg

Edited by gymwitch
  • Like 6

#1 grandson came round today and wanted to clean "his"bike the RGV. Why not, what harm can he do

Gave him a can of wash and wax spray and a cloth and told him what to do.

I carried on with what I was doing outside the garage and 5 mins later he called me and said he had broke a light.

Found an indicator hanging off, I think he had walked into it.

Oh well, I'll take it out of his allowance.

20210606_133856.jpg

• Sad 3

Out to get some tags, but first a bacon sandwich at the Touchdown Cafe at Wellesbourne.  🥓☕

15 hours ago, gymwitch said:

300 miles !!! Got a numb ass and my ears are ringing !!! Went to Anglesea and had a mooch round then back home. Epic day 😊

That's why I fitted the gel pads on my bike. no more sorebum :thumb: 

So you went around the head....  🤣

• Like 1

8 hours ago, JRH said:

Out to get some tags, but first a bacon sandwich at the Touchdown Cafe at Wellesbourne.  🥓☕

Thought that was closing due to the aerodrome being sold for housing?

17 hours ago, gymwitch said:

The A55 isn't much fun to get to Anglesey. We tend to go via Ruthin and Bala and then back up through Betws-y-Coed. Lovely roads, just watch out for the Welsh police, they love their speed guns.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Mississippi Bullfrog said:

The A55 isn't much fun to get to Anglesey. We tend to go via Ruthin and Bala and then back up through Betws-y-Coed. Lovely roads, just watch out for the Welsh police, they love their speed guns.

Its a horrid road. 

1 minute ago, gymwitch said:

Its a horrid road. 

Next come up to the A95 in Scotland. :thumb: 

Won't get any better than that and you're unfortunate if you find more than 10 cars ;)

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, husoi said:

Next come up to the A95 in Scotland. :thumb: 

Won't get any better than that and you're unfortunate if you find more than 10 cars ;)

Ohh thats a definite to do. We are building up to it. Just while you are on here....is this right??? I had a split link on other bike but this looks like its missing or is this sort the one you need a special tool for? .....

20210607_143053.jpg

6 minutes ago, gogs01 said:

Looks like a "soft" link - much better than a split link on anything more powerful than a moped.

So theres nothing missing?? 

35 minutes ago, gymwitch said:

So theres nothing missing?? 

No - that's how it's meant to be. When the chain is installed the two rivets in the link joint are pressed so they widen very slightly over the side plate. That's the usual way of joining a chain on bikes with larger engines.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, S-Westerly said:

Thought that was closing due to the aerodrome being sold for housing?

Stratford Council have a compulsory purchase order in place for the airfield. This is on hold at the moment while negotiations are taking place with the current owners as to how the airfield will continue. If the owners pull out the CPO will be activated.

the Department of Transport are also involved as the airport is a significant part of the secondary airport scheme.

• Thanks 1

On 05/06/2021 at 15:16, gymwitch said:

Handed over Kats tank and carbs to @oldgrump Thank you so much and it was lovely to meet you both 🥰

Hi @gymwitch, nice to meet you to, and cheers for coffee and cake👍, hopefully next time we meet, we can get Kat running.

• Like 1

Well I fitted the new rear tyre.SAM_3669.thumb.JPG.888f84e143663bfaa24c8bcadc640c58.JPG

Then found out why the VFR stopped in Scotland, thought the rectifier had failed at first, but pulling the panels off found this mess!!

Rectifier was only 6000 miles old!!!!! Have sent photos to company who supplied it.

SAM_3668.JPG

SAM_3663.JPG

• Sad 6

Today going to ride over gospel pass and aim to get lunch in Whitney on Wye then this evening pub dinner near Luggwardine. 

I am loving this weather and being lazy.

Might look out for a tag or two as well. 

Cheers 

Ian

• Like 2

It's not an oil leak on Xena, it's coolant coming from the weep hole, so looks like some new seals will be required, just wondering how long i will have before they fail completely luckily it's only a slight drip at the moment :thumb:

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Good run out to Classic Motor Hub, one of the tags, near Bibury. A few bikes there and son nice cars.

3DECA00C-3631-450A-9903-DBF17B084EF0.jpeg

6EBFEA55-BFD2-4F9D-9417-1D2C992D6E87.jpeg

51A63476-94D3-4260-9401-2F5301B34581.jpeg

• Like 1

No spares currently available for Xena, so for the time being I will keep my rides short and only for important duties.

I did however replace the innertubes on my bicycle and washed it in the shower you gotta love having a wet room :lol:

So at least if Xena is out of commission I still have some transport, trust this to happen since selling Bridget :lol:

• Like 2