Cleaning again.

Ian Frog

20200425_134305.thumb.jpg.2acb87c6c1d8649d9c6125e6882ecf83.jpg20200425_140825.thumb.jpg.1307fdca7d9252d1b28a1719c91ab2c8.jpg

So when I got home from work at lunchtime I thought the front brakes looked a bit grubby so while the discs are lurking in the dishwasher I seem to be deep cleaning the front end lol.

Going to order new pads and look at the calipers next.

Cheers

Ian

Not me! I did see that someone was planning that!

20200425_150243.thumb.jpg.448b0458fbc39a8a409ac363ce3175cd.jpg

Caliper pistons now.

I had fogotten how awful the finish on Tok's was to clean.

Any tips greatly appreciated.

Dont think my garage has need of cleaning lol

n15878238547464047150799241678108.thumb.jpg.7d48b251ef48354d7013631b8c2f42e0.jpg

Cheers

Ian

20200425_150243.jpg

Caliper pistons now.

n15878238547464047150799241678108.jpg

Cheers

Ian

It would be a wasted opportunity if you didn't go the distance and remove every piston and every seal to clean out those grooves . I did mine a couple of years ago and the difference was night and day .

20200425_150243.jpg

Caliper pistons now.

n15878238547464047150799241678108.jpg

Cheers

Ian

It would be a wasted opportunity if you didn't go the distance and remove every piston and every seal to clean out those grooves . I did mine a couple of years ago and the difference was night and day .

Totally agree with you and I have done it.

Now just waiting for new pads and lines to arrive.

Lines done as I found some damage to the left side one probably nothing but I dont take chances with brakes! 15878330357674833393029057382745.thumb.jpg.aca854005f4750148044a50ec3ec232a.jpg

Cheers

Ian

At least you can clean a friend and frontline worker has just been told cleaning his car in the drive by Dorset Police.

Apparently not essential...

If it's on a private drive they can't stop him :lol: :thumb:

At least you can clean a friend and frontline worker has just been told cleaning his car in the drive by Dorset Police.

Totally agree with [mention]dynax[/mention] thats the same as the prat that told someone he couldnt exercise in his front garden.

Besides which I was always taught that the first step in proper maintenance was to keep a vehicle clean as you often spot things that could become a problem whilst cleaning.

Preventative maintenance by a front line worker making sure he will be reliable in turning up for work.

Hope he got the number of the twat so he/she can be shamed?

Cheers

Ian

Completely over the top from some wannabe Stasi. Most cops are fine but there's always got to be one who's a dick. Do you think they have a recruitment target of a certain number of berks so that the rest look better by comparison?

Completely over the top from some wannabe Stasi. Most cops are fine but there's always got to be one who's a dick. Do you think they have a recruitment target of a certain number of berks so that the rest look better by comparison?

PMSL you are probably spot on there.

I once got pulled by one on the brow of a bridge on the main road and he didnt like it when I told him that was a dangerous place to stop some especially as it 8500 yards from local A&E with loads of ambulances.

Pillock then gave me the whole delivering deathagrams speech and told me bikes were dangerous and my journey to Luton ( 25 ish miles) was a long way.

I lost it and told him my license was older than him and I have ridden all over Europe while he was in nappies now please arrest me so we can make this official!

Funnily enough he elected to get in his car and leave :D

Cheers

Ian

This was on a Covid19 bulletin a few days ago . Some expert saying that cleaning your car on your drive was non essential and therefore unacceptable . But you are allowed to clean the car windows because that is a safety issue . The copper in question must be easily led .

So if he invited the neighborhood to a barbecue on that same private driveway , what then ? The argument that you can do what you like on your private property does not hold water .

So if he invited the neighborhood to a barbecue on that same private driveway , what then ? The argument that you can do what you like on your private property does not hold water .

He's washing his car not having a party, it doesn't take 20 people to wash a vehicle unless you work for the local council :lol: :thumb:

He's washing his car not having a party, it doesn't take 20 people to wash a vehicle unless you work for the local council :lol: :thumb:

I quite agree . It's the assertion that you are beyond the reach of the law on private property that is false .

I quite agree . It's the assertion that you are beyond the reach of the law on private property that is false .

Absolutely correct !

Apparently if I murder my wife at home I will still get hauled before the beak !

Might as well do it in Sainsburys then lol.

Cheers

Ian

That assertion always was false. However the definition of what you can and can't do has taken a serious setback in some jurisdictions. I read the 'expert' declaiming how you couldn't wash your car as it's non-essential and decided he was a clever shit with the common sense of a dead cockroach. I then went and washed my bike and chatted to my neighbour from a safe distance of course. We're human beings not f**k ing robots or bugs in a Petri dish.

That assertion always was false. However the definition of what you can and can't do has taken a serious setback in some jurisdictions. I read the 'expert' declaiming how you couldn't wash your car as it's non-essential and decided he was a clever shit with the common sense of a dead cockroach. I then went and washed my bike and chatted to my neighbour from a safe distance of course. We're human beings not f**k ing robots or bugs in a Petri dish.

And that's precisely what I've been doing today . 👍

Me too, having been out it was covered in bugs so had to get them off. Be out again tomorrow as wife has recovered enough to realise that hospital food is not sufficient to maintain life and sent me an entirely sane request for the contents of Waitrose deli counter. So a very essential journey to help her preserve her sanity and mine too for that matter. She also gave me a lecture on all the precautions I need to take etc. I can see the unfettered male slob existence coming to an end.😁

Guest Richzx6r

Me too, having been out it was covered in bugs so had to get them off. Be out again tomorrow as wife has recovered enough to realise that hospital food is not sufficient to maintain life and sent me an entirely sane request for the contents of Waitrose deli counter. So a very essential journey to help her preserve her sanity and mine too for that matter. She also gave me a lecture on all the precautions I need to take etc. I can see the unfettered male slob existence coming to an end.😁

Great news that she is getting back to normal