Insurance rant !

Ian Frog

Firstly apologies if I have ranted this rant before but it boils my pee!

I have renewed my multi bike policy for my Busa and ZRX ready for the new start date of 18th May.

I thought that the premium of £276 felt a little strong (Sorry younger viewers but being old has to have some compensation).

So I went speaking with the meerkat.

ZRX fully comp 25 replies from £75 to about £120

Busa fully comp 18 replies between £95 and £140

So thinking I was having my leg lifted I enquired.

Apparently you cant apply your no claims discount to more than one bike ! Go figure.

The NCD is in my name not the bikes I can still use it on my car and a bike so why do I have to have one machine insured with 9+ years and the other with zero !

They are just making money again !

I can only ride one at a time I bet if I insured both with separate companies and kept my mouth shut they would never know unless I had to make a claim.

I said to the call centre insurance "expert " I am reducing your risk on the more expensive machine and cant use them both at same time and he said whats to stop you insuring multiple vehicles and claiming the discount.

He didn't like it when I said if that's the case why cant I sell something when a claim has been made on it and restoring my discount?

Cnuts !

(climbs off soapbox) so if any of you have more than one bike and insure it separately and just automaticly say you have x amount of no claims please be aware !

Cheers

Ian

I haven't been a fan of insurance companies after the time my bike was stolen. I informed the police and insurance companies immediately. then went for a walk around town, mainly in all the shithole estate areas :?

Two hours later I had found my bike leant up behind someones house (A communal walkway going through the back of the whole street) nothing to do with the house it was at I assumed when a little old granny opened the door after I brayed on it :lol:

They had tried the screwdriver trick on the ignition and when that didnt work it looks like they tried cutting and twisting together different wires to try and start it up. Lucky they didnt knack the ECU :roll:

Anyway long story short I pushed it home (up hill!!) and rang police & insurance up to say I had found it, cancel claims etc. Fast forward to renewal and they had whacked premium up almost quadruple what it was before as I had made a claim.

Didn't matter that nothing was paid out according to guy I spoke to, as soon as I rang them up to report it was stolen then that counts as a claim apparently whether they pay out or not :scratch:

This has been the case for many years you can have NCB for car and bike for each one but the don't take them on to account for one another and you can only use them on one vehicle! yet you can only ride or drive one at a time :?

This has been the case for many years you can have NCB for car and bike for each one but the don't take them on to account for one another and you can only use them on one vehicle! yet you can only ride or drive one at a time :?

In addition, if they are insured with different providers, if you have a claim against one you have to tell the other who use it as an excuse to ramp up your premium

In addition, if they are insured with different providers, if you have a claim against one you have to tell the other who use it as an excuse to ramp up your premium

This! My car insurance went up because that daft sod drove into my bike a while back. Their fault, not related to my car, has nothing to do with that policy and I have protected no claims.

Got a result with Carole Nash last week. I called them personally rather than the online comparison route. Always worth it IMO.

Just bought a BMW K1200S. My no claims bonus was +10 years which ran out when I sold my last bike in October 2017. So, my NCB had gone beyond the two year grace period that is normally allowed by six months but CN honoured it and after some negotiation got my policy down to:

£237 fully comp with:

All legal protection

UK and Europe breakdown cover with repatriation back to the UK and replacement vehicle.

I have 3 points on my licence (SP50).

I am never using online/comparison sites again. Phone only.

The one that often pulls out good insurance is X years riding or driving no NCB

We did this with misses car, it was cheaper than adding another car or changing cars.

Then when we sold the car or was cheaper to cancel the insurance than any off the above. Plus new insurance on car gave deduction for having a NCB.

As for multiple vehicles I drive in a relatively high risk industry for accidents.

So much so when I changed carrers with extra driving training my insurance went up not down....

PS remember changing job title ie promotion can also be classed as change on policy for insurance. With charge for change in policy.

They get you every which way...

Presently waiting for bike insurance to run out so I can try again. Working between several bases they wanted to double my insurance to have 2 bikes for commuting....