Honda CBR 400RR NC23 1989 Hurricane restoration

8 hours ago, gymwitch said:

Its possible i might sell the bike. I may be just in the throws of lockdown blues but thought id ask on here before putting up for sale elsewhere....not made any definite decisions yet. 

What!!!!!!!!!! @gymwitch Okay then, as a non runner / so spares and repairs, how's £100 sound?

Thought you were looking forward to the summer!! And as @Ian Frog says, you can't bail now.

• Like 2

Having a melt down tbh...both bikes were up for sale yesterday.....i got my shit together and went out on Betty for a couple of hours....i dont think ill ever get rid of her but the the big one....it just pisses me right off that ive paid to get it going and its not going. Work is dwindling fast and each penny is getting more and more precious. 

Anyway i got the paddock stands back yesterday so im going to stick her back on those to keep her new shoes off the concrete for the foreseeable....thats all i can muster up from the hole of gloom im in....i dont like freddos or haribo and the curly whirlys you get today are a joke. 

Thanks for kicking my ass though much appreciated...im missing the gym and throwing weights around. Feel like a caged animal 😤

Going to decorate the landing. Oh the joys. 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, gymwitch said:

Having a melt down tbh...both bikes were up for sale yesterday.....i got my shit together and went out on Betty for a couple of hours....i dont think ill ever get rid of her but the the big one....it just pisses me right off that ive paid to get it going and its not going. Work is dwindling fast and each penny is getting more and more precious. 

Anyway i got the paddock stands back yesterday so im going to stick her back on those to keep her new shoes off the concrete for the foreseeable....thats all i can muster up from the hole of gloom im in....i dont like freddos or haribo and the curly whirlys you get today are a joke. 

Thanks for kicking my ass though much appreciated...im missing the gym and throwing weights around. Feel like a caged animal 😤

Going to decorate the landing. Oh the joys. 

when the sun comes out and the weather begins to warm up you will begin to feel a whole lot better, this time of year is crap and makes everyone feel down :classic_huh:

• Like 5

• 8 months later...

The update is long overdue but the bike is in the capable hands of @oldgrumpwho has been doing an amazing job. She sounds amazing now and im so freaking excited. Today it feels real that im actually going to be able to ride it in the not so distant future !!!

• Like 3

23 hours ago, Ian Frog said:

Thats good to hear !

Cheers

Ian

Hi Ian

Yes its very exciting !!! To be honest now that ive been riding the NC750s for practically everyday since i got it im looking forward to the 400 even more. It doesnt look as daunting now :)

• 1 month later...

Wow what an adventure this little bike has been !!! Picked her up yesterday, had visions of not making it round the block but Mr and Mrs Oldgrump said not to worry they would meet us somewhere with it in their van. What amazing people. 

Anyway Mr Oldgrump in front and Andy behind me, we set off on my first test ride. After a couple ifcorners and road ends i quickly felt more comfortable. Mr Oldgrump took us to the bypass and we said our goodbyes. 90 miles later still grinning we got back to camp site. 

No video cos hubs csmera was facing his bike instrument panel 🙄

So here the journey ends and begins !!! Ill sort vids and pics when we get home. 🥰

• Like 5

2 hours ago, Ian Frog said:

Well done @gymwitch hopefully your new love affair will start as soon as the decent weather lets you.

Fair play to @oldgrump for his work.

Looking forward to pics and a proper update of what was needed for the resurrection.

Cheers

Ian

Going for a potter round locally tomorrow so will get pics and a vid. 😊

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Ian Frog said:

Well done @gymwitch hopefully your new love affair will start as soon as the decent weather lets you.

Fair play to @oldgrump for his work.

Looking forward to pics and a proper update of what was needed for the resurrection.

Cheers

Ian

Well I must admit there was a lot more required than I and @gymwitch at first thought, and I'm glad that she was patience enough with me in doing the work.

And it was nice Friday to catch up again and finally hand it back, and meet Andy.  I was nervous as she was, the first time she rode it, but she soon settled down.

And the grin at the end of bypass said it all👍.

Here's a couple of photo's of it on the bench!!

SAM_3767.JPG

SAM_3770.JPG

SAM_3761.JPG

• Like 6

On 14/11/2021 at 16:52, gymwitch said:

Aaaand this is what she looks like now. Another 100 mile clocked up and an epic day of grinning.

Screenshot_20211114-164535_Telegram.jpg

Screenshot_20211114-164507_Telegram.jpg

Looks amazing this and the vfr and rvf 400s were amazing, bikes I always wanted and still great to look at today!

• Like 1