new to biking with a problem

wiltshirebiker

Hi guys and gals,

So as the title says new to biking here. I made the mistake on starting my biking journey on a Chinese 125. A KSR Moto Worx 125. No end of problems with this bike. Under powered, unreliable, parts are hard to find and knowledge is too now, I apparently come to find. By any chance has anyone had one of these, or just so happen to know the oil capacity of the front forks? I found 3 manuals online, none of them have ever helped for what I've had go wrong with this bike. Now this is the 2nd forum I've signed up to try and find out.

I will say its not put me off riding, It's driving me harder to do my DAS and get a big boy bike. For the time this bike will have to do, so will to look after it the best I can.

I will say though, anyone wanting to get a Chinese bike. Avoid them. Not wanting to wind anyone up about it. Just my opinion and no offence is intended.

Back on topic ....

Do you wish to replace the oil or has it been leaking & you want to top it up?

If it’s just replacing it, measure the air gap before you empty it & re-fill to that level.

If it’s been leaking measure the side that hasn’t & replicate on the other side.

Guys like I said I didn't want to start an argument. Ride your own ride. If your happy with your Chinese bike and its been reliable for you, then I am more than happy for you. I know how bad the Chinese bikes used to be, and they have come quite a long way since. But they just aren't there yet in my opinion based on my own and a mates experiences. Yes these bikes were brought used. but both bikes are less than 4 years old both currently have less than 6000 miles. But I cannot recommend anyone buy one. Especially when for so little much more you could buy a faster, better built, more reputable, easier to find parts and info, Japanese bike.

You could argue the toss of throwing it away. I'm not like that. I've had many arguments with this bike, but I still maintain it and fix it to a high standard and will continue to do so until I get my next bike.

Back on topic. So is told my other mate, that is helping with the forks, we have to eyeball it and see if it comes out hard or soft.... He cried (OCD).

So the plan is not just top up the oil, but replace it. As there is nothing in the SH about it. And as the forks are off it'll be better to do so now before it actually needs it.

Don't worry about starting an argument over Chinese bikes, thats a weekly occurrence around here :lol:

I'm like you and still cant recommend them to anyone, though I think eventually that will change as they have got better, just not there yet, certainly not in comparison to Japanese, German etc....

Aside from the stories I've read on this forum I've had plenty of personal experience repairing them. A friends fiancee wanted a bike, I tried to steer him towards a second hand Japanese but he had to have a brand new one so he got a Lexmoto. Less than a month of owning it the wiring for the headlight and the clip holding the bulb in place had melted :shock:

He paid £1700 for it, had it nearly a year before he got a car and tried to sell it, most he could get was £500 for a not even year old bike. Thats one of the major pitfalls in buying them. You could buy a second hand Japanese bike for £1000, ride it for a year and still sell it for same price.

Many years ago I owned one of the first grey import 50cc Chinese mopeds. It couldn't get up a hill!! I used to have to get off and push it :oops:

another time I was stuck behind a tractor, he moved over to the side to let me pass but I didn't have enough power to get around him :lol:

I have an interest in model railways and Hornby outsourced their production to China quite a while ago, and in the early years they did have QC issues, but now within the last 8/9 years the quality is phenominal and are producing some great highly detailed models, anyway nowt wrong with a good debate :lol: :thumb:

This is very much a Chat Forum and off topic civilized argument is one of its main attractions . So what is your favourite biscuit ?

Biscuits are a bannable offense!! this is your first and only warning :lol:

What about Chinese biscuits?

My wife came home with a packet of Jammy Wheels, clearly following the pattern of copying better known brands. They look nice, but they're not the same.

Don't worry about starting an argument over Chinese bikes, thats a weekly occurrence around here :lol:

I'm like you and still cant recommend them to anyone, though I think eventually that will change as they have got better, just not there yet, certainly not in comparison to Japanese, German etc....

Aside from the stories I've read on this forum I've had plenty of personal experience repairing them. A friends fiancee wanted a bike, I tried to steer him towards a second hand Japanese but he had to have a brand new one so he got a Lexmoto. Less than a month of owning it the wiring for the headlight and the clip holding the bulb in place had melted :shock:

He paid £1700 for it, had it nearly a year before he got a car and tried to sell it, most he could get was £500 for a not even year old bike. Thats one of the major pitfalls in buying them. You could buy a second hand Japanese bike for £1000, ride it for a year and still sell it for same price.

Many years ago I owned one of the first grey import 50cc Chinese mopeds. It couldn't get up a hill!! I used to have to get off and push it :oops:

another time I was stuck behind a tractor, he moved over to the side to let me pass but I didn't have enough power to get around him :lol:

Yeah exactly my point. But like I say its a stop gap to my next bike. I'm planning on doing my DAS in March due to work commitments then looking at either a GSXR or a ZX6R. But that's an argument for another day lol.

Thanks for your help though peeps, really appreciate the ideas. Although we couldn't find the exact number. Just got to apply common sense to it. sorry my pals OCD led me here lol.

I've never had an issue with the build quality of Dynax's Renegade or James in Brum's Lexmoto Falcon although I have seen some horrific Chinese bikes from when they first appeared . What I do have an issue with is the sheer DISHONESTY of these bikes . Strip all the bulky Harleyesque cladding off the Renegade and all you're left with is a stretched out CG125 . The Falcon is the reverse . It's a well made imitation of a CBR 125 with linked brakes , upside down forks and all the kit including the beam frame . But underneath the plastics is an imitation GS 125 engine* crudely bolted in place by some nasty looking brackets to what turns out to be a painted steel frame . I'm not suggesting that James or Dynax made uninformed choices but I just don't like the aggressive way that these bikes are styled and marketed to deceive the first time buyer into parting with their cash for all the wrong reasons . * Might be a CG , can't remember .

I made an uninformed choice, in part based on believing I could get finance for the Lexmoto and would not be able to source borrowing of an amount as small at 2k. Also I did no research. I just thought new bike equals good bike. :-)

I enjoyed it, the only thing it did me wrong was lose 75% of it’s value in 16 months.

Thanks for your help though peeps, really appreciate the ideas. Although we couldn't find the exact number. Just got to apply common sense to it. sorry my pals OCD led me here lol.

Don’t apologise and come back ant let us know how you get on. :thumb: