What makes a real biker?

Guest toothe

<t>what makes a real biker</t>  

22 members have voted

1. 1. what makes a real biker

• someone who rides there bike everyday rain or shine?
    • someone who has ridden for 10+ years
    • someone who rides a hog
    • someone who has a sports bike for summer use and weekends
    • someone who knows all the mechanical sh*t about bikes
    • someone with more than 1 bike
    • none of the above

Guest philgale

a proper biker rides a bike, end of.....and has a proper passion for all thinks bike lives eats sleeps bikes...

Edited by philgale

Don't think i can tick any of the above as a definition..........but to me a biker is someone who rides for the freedom and excilleration given any and all opportunities..........never mind the type or size of bike or the experience of the rider

I voted none of the above...

I reckon its more of a 'spirit' that cannot be defined.

Aye. We all have a different point of view, but at the end of the day we all get something different from biking.

I think it's more of a spirit thing, that like dragolith says, cannot be defined.

to me a 'proper biker' is not just definable by the above, its the one who stops for another biker at the side of the road and talks to other bikers no matter what they ride without prejudice.

sadly there are fewer of those sorts about, most bikers i see about today are only interested in how fast they can go, how many times they get there knee down and the alike.

A proper biker...hard to define. Someone who's passionate about being on 2 wheels, who enjoys the experience, the sense of freedom and the rush of adrenaline that u get.

I think some of it is about belonging to the biking community...that sense of wanted to help a fellow biker out when u see them on the side of the road. Appreciating other's styles of bikes even if it doesn't flick ur switch - the unwritten nodding code etc...think that's gotta be a part of it too.

I think its someone who breaks there elbow and then gets straigh back on ;) only playin...i dunno, its just someone who has a passion for it, i love fast cars to bits, but now i ride a bike, its just 2nd best.

Matt

I am sooooooooooooooo with you Techno. Took up biking at 42 ffs. I`ll only say how I feel about biking as it`s avery personal thing.

I look forward to waking and riding into work. I look forward to 4.00pm when I finish (and I enjoy my job so it`s not work related) and I get the chance to ride home. I enjoy weekends when I have all the time I want to spend on the bike. I certainly don`t live for it as I have other interests, but being honest, biking is now a major part of my life and it should have been earlier. I`ve also met some good people related to biking and I`m proud to say I`m part of the community. Slushy I know but feck it....it`s true.

Hmmm proper biker...

Someone who rides their bike......be it a cg125 or a hayabusa, be it everday or every so often.

Someone who gets out of riding what they want.... slow rides, speedy rides, track days or trips abroad. Sometimes getting home smiling, and sometimes getting home cold, soaked and grumpy.

Dont think its up to us to define a 'proper biker' 8)

there is an easy way to tell someone who is not a proper biker

they say that they are a proper biker, or have a go at others for not being a proper biker. (sorry had years of your only a proper biker if you do this or that)

To me its anyone on 2 wheels with power for whatever reason, I even include new scooters for that because some of those will leave biking but some will stay, not even sure if the bikes need to be on the road for you to be a biker.

Now for the really contravetial bit, I even include lads on waste ground with crossers or even knackered old field bikes (some of our best racers started that way ya know).

Never forget bikers are not a subset of society we are from all areas of society and like any other large group we have good people and bad people and you cannot pick and choose who is or is not a biker just because of your concept of good and bad - all those on 2 wheels with power are bikers in my eyes, its just that I choose to associate myself with nice bikers in my opinion.

Having more than 1 bike does not make you a biker... Its called showing off...

Owning a Hog does not make you a biker.....

Riding every day come rain or shine does not make you a biker.... Some people don't have a choice as a bike is their only mode of transport....Others are just obsessive....

Having one bike, Whatever make it is and riding it whenever you want to makes you a biker....

And having the common sense to say "I don't want to get wet so I'll take the car" is called being normal..... :wink:

Having more than 1 bike does not make you a biker... Its called showing off...

Owning a Hog does not make you a biker.....

Riding every day come rain or shine does not make you a biker.... Some people don't have a choice as a bike is their only mode of transport....Others are just obsessive....

Having one bike, Whatever make it is and riding it whenever you want to makes you a biker....

And having the common sense to say "I don't want to get wet so I'll take the car" is called being normal..... :wink:[/quote]

:thumb: