how long

Guest fat controller

come on guys............roughly how long will it take me to change a complete front caliper.............bearin in mind i'll be usin the mugs bible(hayes) cos i ain't done one before..........and is there anythere i should specifically watch out for when i'm doin this

cheers in advance

front brakes were stickin...........only had them refurbed couple o months ago..........mechy friend says it could be master cylinder at fault.....to test just release bleed nipple slightly if fluid comes out it's not that.........turned the bleed nipple ever so slightly fluid came out and a peice of the caliper just below the bleed nipple fell of..........to say not impressed is an understatement

caliper is a 10-15 min job

Bleeding could be 10 min to 2 hours. If ya want a hand mate give us a shout and i may be able to help out mate (although would have to check with willow when i am available :lol: ).

Dont let brake fluid get on any paint work, replace the copper crush washers on the brake hose union, take it slow and it will be easy job mate.

Thanks guys...............akey am gunna be takin a trip to hull early tomorrow mornin.............(may have to nick debs bike to do it) to pick up relacement part..........hope to have it all done by lunchtime tomorrow but if i get stuck i'll give ya a yell...................need me bike for puddin run :? :lol:

akey am gunna be takin a trip to hull early tomorrow mornin.............(may have to nick debs bike to do it) to pick up relacement part..........

where you getting the part from ?

i could have got it for you and met you up at squires as im off out on bike tomorrow :?

undo 2 bolts holding caliper in place, put new caliper on with shoes fitted,

take out bolt for breakline and transfer over to new caliper replacing

copper washer, bleed breaks :wink: it can be as easy as that :?

Well guys it's done.......................took over 4 feckin hours tho........old caliper would not come off..........pistons were jammed out and could'nt get the damn thing away from the disc..........after much very abusive language the ruddy thing finally came off......new caliper on in 10 mins flat......bleedin brakes...............weeellllllll .........still doin that.......they're bein a twohat...........but a least they work........just a little soft a the moment..........gunna carry on playin with 'em till i get 'em how i like 'em........thanks for all the advice guys

did you come to hull for the caliper FC ?

where did you get it from if you did ? :)

Yeah sorry i missed your post stu,,,,,,,,,,,got to hull about 10 this mornin.........used our gerts gixxer..........sad to say but it's actually not a bad bike for a suzi..............went to spares unlimited just off hessle road........full caliper for £25 and not in bad nick either.......and ya get a 28 day warranty thrown in.........all in all not tooo bad at all

did you come to hull for the caliper FC ?

where did you get it from if you did ? :)

went to spares unlimited just off hessle road........full caliper for £25 and not in bad nick either.......and ya get a 28 day warranty thrown in.........all in all not tooo bad at all

not the best rated but they seem to be getting better :)

28 day warranty is good for them they usually dont give you nothing and charge ya the earth :?

are you still having to use the back entrance to that place ?

yes ...........go thro the workshop into the office and the spares are further thro.............gotta admit......had a couple o bits off them and all have been pretty good nick........mind you i do locate the parts i want thro their fleabay store then phone em and go pick up...........advantage is got recourse via e-bay when i do it that way

yeah they tend to list everything on ebay now as they get more buisness like that

they where thinking of shutting shop and just going internet one week they didnt have one person walk through the door :?

ive often rang up and asked for something and they say they havent got it but look on ebay and they have one :?