Three Wheeler Chain

Guest bthart

Hey Guys,

I gather a bit from the site that this is mainly two wheelers but maybe you can still help me.

I have a three wheeler and the chain came off and then it was tensioned wrong and I needed a new one. I now have a new one but cannot get it on. You get the big cog in between the wheels and then the little one that is moterized. I cannot get the chain around the little one. Has anyone else done this before?

Any help is appreciated. It may just be a simple trick but I cant seem to work it out.

Thanks again,

Brian

hello brian,stick a post in newbies and say hello.

don't know anything about trikes but you've got 2 choices, i should think, move the axle forwards somehow to allow chain to go over then tension, or use a split chain.

I looked at the motorbike but both of those options are not possible. Srry

If I had a pic I would post it but I have the chain not joined up. It is off the trike. And the part that joins the chain up is also seperate. My problem is that I cannot the chain around the small cog cuz half of it is covoured by a panel and I cannot get it around it. Has any one got a three wheeler manual or a small clip of how to get the chain on or do I need to undo all the screws on the side.

Thanks

Brian

the part of the small cog you can get to, slip one end of the chain on with blue tac to hold chain in place and turn the cog till its all way round then take the blue tac off and join the chain :D

Hello Brian and welcome let us know where you are there maybe some one local willing to have a look for you

You ask for a manual it would be a good idea to tell us what the donor bike was

The trike is just a Honda 110cc Three Wheeler pretty much but there is a guide I have seen before which is general for all three wheelers which is what I am needing. There is nothing much about them else where on the net.

Jonesyuk I will try your idea hoping it will work. I did have a rope from one end to the other but it kept getting jammed in the side.

Thanks

Hey Guys,

Sorry about not saying anything for a couple of days.

I tried using bluet tack and it worked like a charm. Thanks for the idea.

It was amazing to see how tight the chain was pushed up to cog in the back. One part of the chain I could hardly get off and I did not want to pull it in fear of my hand going straight into the big cog when it loosened.

Thanks anyways,

I hope to keep posting but we will see. :D

Brian

Hey Guys,

Sorry about not saying anything for a couple of days.

I tried using bluet tack and it worked like a charm. Thanks for the idea.

It was amazing to see how tight the chain was pushed up to cog in the back. One part of the chain I could hardly get off and I did not want to pull it in fear of my hand going straight into the big cog when it loosened.

Thanks anyways,

I hope to keep posting but we will see. :D

Brian

good old blue tac :lol: :lol: