Adhoc meets

onesea

<t>Adhoc meet ups</t>  

13 members have voted

1. 1. Adhoc meet ups

• Yes Overnight,
    • Yes Lunchtime chats,
    • No

I believe I am not the only one who goes for Adhoc runs and over nighters in the UK. Sometimes camping, sometimes discount accommodation (when weather not so great, although struggling finding this at the moment COVID?).

I am predominantly South of England based and change my mind with the weather. Its all in the name of enjoyment, I am happy to ride and stay on my own how ever...

Its always nice to have a coffee/ beer with other like minded sorts. Chatting with my mate on my last run (I am not always solo) we discussed others joining in, it would add to the runs away. Local knowledge, different conversations.

My thought is we don't need to ride together just be in same place at same time meet chat, and think I wont be meeting him again, what an idiot but it could be laugh.

Now being adhoc, probably short notice the chances are slim (we would never beet the COVID 6 people limit), however if your of a like mind and poll gets a decent result please post them up (and I will).

Normally I don't bother posting on the assumption no one will be about, willing to give it a try even if it is in the spring when I next get chance!

Edited by onesea

Potentially perfect, I'm not really one for riding with others 'just because' (doesn't mean I'd refuse to, more I'm just as happy not to!) but do like the stop off for a coffee and chat moments.

I'm SW so whilst I'm sure many times you're out I'll end up having a prior engagement if the stars align.....

• 1 month later...

3 times now I have thought about posting an adhoc meet,

Tomorrow is a typical I know I am out on bike tomorrow. I just don't know when, I have some jobs to do first :/

This post is not forgotten..

I suppose I am what you would term East Midlands but I too would be up for it and in the past if I have arranged to trundle off somewhere I try to let people know in case they are about.

Cheers

Ian

I can't vote.

When I go for a run mostly is alone (with missus) and most times I leave home early morning and will arrive home late evening.

A few times I did some camping or stayed in an hotel/B&B overnight or more if during a long weekend.

I also would do some shorter rides.

So my vote would be more like "all of the above" :thumb:

I can't vote.

When I go for a run mostly is alone (with missus) and most times I leave home early morning and will arrive home late evening.

A few times I did some camping or stayed in an hotel/B&B overnight or more if during a long weekend.

I also would do some shorter rides.

So my vote would be more like "all of the above" :thumb:

Poll ended a month ago :lol: :thumb:

If we ever met in the geographical centre of Great Britain it would be in Haltwhistle which is 230 miles from where I live . If we met in the centre of England I could probably walk it in a hour . Just musings .

Edited by fastbob

I was thinking of posts like this:

https://www.themotorbikeforum.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=73750

Which is genuine post that I probably would not of made as looking at forecast as it really isnt great..

I have local FB group I/ some others do this on, hence the possibly partner in crime, there is often someone out.