3 Peaks Challenge

TC

Not sure what is happening with the Lands end to John O'Groats run.

But was thinking about it last week and remembered alot of people said they didnt want to spend all that time and money on fuel just on the motorway 840 miles 15 ish hours.

So that got me thinking about a 3 peaks challenge Snowdon, Scafell pike and Ben Nevis.

Something along the lines of. Meet around snowdon Friday evening, Set off 8-9ish Sat morning ride as close to Snowdon as we can get. Then follow the A5 towards Chester (A Roads) then motorway to the Lakes M6 junc 36 - A591 Windermere, Keswick, Cockermouth -A595 Carlise back on the M6 to Scotland A82 Loch Lomond, Glen Coe and finish at Fort William. for a well deserved Haggis and pint of Heavy.

Total mileage 470 Approx 10 hours riding with a good mix of A roads and Motorway.

Open to suggestions on dates, routes etc or if people want to do part of the route. Some might want to make a week of it and do John O'Groats as well which is only another 190 miles.

Guest philgale

when i read the title i thought f**k that......i dont wanna climb 3 mountains....

but after reading it.....sounds fun when you thinking

Now there is an idea, was this not the run MCN did, was thinking of doing the fish and chip run they did as well ????????

doesn't that just mean nippin round the corner for fish an chips??????

:o :o

I like the idea................would someone wait for me at the finish line with my drink tho?????

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Sounds good

As for dates i have the 20th aug - 26th aug booked off work

which was for the jog to lands end trip

I was thinking of Sept 5th weekend as the roads might be quiter because the kids are back school

A5 TO CHESTER?????? from Snowdon area. Now did you mean A55 ??

Ride the A5 from Snowdon down in the direction of Corwen and hang left at one or two options and head up to Chester. Faaaarrrr nicer than the A55 :D

This looks a very interesting ride :wink:

A5 TO CHESTER?????? from Snowdon area. Now did you mean A55 ??

Ride the A5 from Snowdon down in the direction of Corwen and hang left at one or two options and head up to Chester. Faaaarrrr nicer than the A55 :D

This looks a very interesting ride :wink:

:cheers: Couldn't find smug grin