Failed cbt - very disappointed!

On 08/12/2020 at 08:14, KiwiBob said:

Put your thermals on! .. Its cold out there today!

it was bloody cold! and rainy, apart from thinking my hands were going to fall off everything went really well, super pleased!

• Like 1

So a quick update. I decided to go with another school to redo the CBT (who I highly recommend btw)..

Anyway, there wasn't much different in the structure of the day but the tuition was worlds apart, they were patient and funny, plenty of feedback as and when we were doing things. Nailed the U turn and figure of eight first time. And pretty much all the other stuff :D so yeah.. a huuuuge difference. 

Road was okay, I obviously need things to improve on but these were pointed out and I was ensured that it's just time in the seat that will help. It was super cold and rainy and I thought bits were gonna fall off me but overall felt safe and comfortable and actually started ENJOYING myself! Imagine!

So happy I went with another school and so happy I can go out and practice riding now without my confidence in absolute tatters 

• Like 3

30 minutes ago, Bludoggo said:

So a quick update. I decided to go with another school to redo the CBT (who I highly recommend btw)..

Anyway, there wasn't much different in the structure of the day but the tuition was worlds apart, they were patient and funny, plenty of feedback as and when we were doing things. Nailed the U turn and figure of eight first time. And pretty much all the other stuff :D so yeah.. a huuuuge difference. 

Road was okay, I obviously need things to improve on but these were pointed out and I was ensured that it's just time in the seat that will help. It was super cold and rainy and I thought bits were gonna fall off me but overall felt safe and comfortable and actually started ENJOYING myself! Imagine!

So happy I went with another school and so happy I can go out and practice riding now without my confidence in absolute tatters 

👍

35 minutes ago, Bludoggo said:

Well done. Now just be careful out there - wet leaves, mud, rain and worse all mean you have to have your wits about you and ride in accordance with the conditions.

• Thanks 1

Guest Swagman
40 minutes ago, Bludoggo said:

Excellent another biker joins the fraternity, well done you’re confidence will grow now the more you ride.👍👍

Well done! Now is the time you start to learn, and here are a few pointers if you are riding through the winter, leave plenty of space between you and the vehicle in front, even if stood at lights or a crossing.

Always check your mirrors, even if stood, looking behind you frequently lets you know what going on behind you.

When you are going to slow down, tap your brakes a couple of times before you do, just gives those behind you a chance to see it before you actually do.

If someone is too close behind you, don't be scared to subtly wave your arm up and down a couple of times, to let them know they are too close.

:thumb:

35 minutes ago, dynax said:

Well done! Now is the time you start to learn, and here are a few pointers if you are riding through the winter, leave plenty of space between you and the vehicle in front, even if stood at lights or a crossing.

Always check your mirrors, even if stood, looking behind you frequently lets you know what going on behind you.

When you are going to slow down, tap your brakes a couple of times before you do, just gives those behind you a chance to see it before you actually do.

If someone is too close behind you, don't be scared to subtly wave your arm up and down a couple of times, to let them know they are too close.

:thumb:

Thanks for the tips, they told me a few of these yesterday, I think I'm addicted to mirror checking now haha but I'll keep them all in mind 🙂

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Slowlycatchymonkey said:

Oh dear. Sorry to hear that, feels ‘orrible doesn’t it. What happened?

Went to Gillingham test centre today. Really nice examiner , actually wasn't overly nervous. Went in did manual handling , set off to do slalom as I'd done successfully dozens of times before and clipped second cone. Head is now all over the place confidence shot managed to get round figure of 8 and onto my nemisis the u turn I think because of where my head was at I'd already convinced myself I couldn't do it so as a concequence I did foot went down. Test stopped as 2 serious rider errors. Funnily enough I wasn't that bothered. Sure next time be ok. Guy who was with me was on his 5th mod and he passed he was so happy it cheered me up.

3 minutes ago, Spongefinger said:

Went to Gillingham test centre today. Really nice examiner , actually wasn't overly nervous. Went in did manual handling , set off to do slalom as I'd done successfully dozens of times before and clipped second cone. Head is now all over the place confidence shot managed to get round figure of 8 and onto my nemisis the u turn I think because of where my head was at I'd already convinced myself I couldn't do it so as a concequence I did foot went down. Test stopped as 2 serious rider errors. Funnily enough I wasn't that bothered. Sure next time be ok. Guy who was with me was on his 5th mod and he passed he was so happy it cheered me up.

Replied on your other thread 👍

5 hours ago, Spongefinger said:

Well done..in other news I failed my Mod 1 today🤣😖

Aaah no! I'm sure if you went back you'd nail it though (I've read your thread). Sometimes you can just have a bad day 😬

• Like 1

On 09/12/2020 at 12:05, learningtofly said:

Well done. Now just be careful out there - wet leaves, mud, rain and worse all mean you have to have your wits about you and ride in accordance with the conditions.

I will 🙂 you can call me a fair weather rider for the next few months!