For Whom the Bell Tolls!

XTreme

And in this case it's me! Because I get the feeling we're going to be going back into a total lockdown soon.

And that will mean the Army back on the streets patrolling again.......that's not something you can ignore. So I'm making the most of this weekend!

At the moment the restrictions imposed mean I can't go into another town......I have to stay within the perimeters of this one. But fortunately there's plenty of scope for riding round the vast open countryside around this place.

The elements were in my favour.....24C and blue skies! So it would have been rude not to take advantage of that! And besides that.....I love this f@cking bike! And I still want to ride it like a bit on the side!

gs52.thumb.jpg.92f656c34735e69778828d7109ccb647.jpg

gs52a-min.thumb.jpg.64e5f8ddd25825b01e359d4b5b0432a2.jpg

gs53.thumb.jpg.d4ab6005735eca3a08a6de7becab2a69.jpg

gs53a-min.thumb.jpg.8a5970712db026ee8a03a5f3cee68d33.jpg

gs53b-min.thumb.jpg.383ff619770185d693e368b7f55991c3.jpg

gs53c-min.thumb.jpg.258de1487600b01369b2bdd13cb66b27.jpg

gs53d-min.thumb.jpg.0af98152303b7b235bdca55d2aba192d.jpg

gs54.thumb.jpg.d6dbe140739da641940d7d898c0ea520.jpg

gs54a-min.thumb.jpg.eaaf7a2d421f5a51ccff262d81d425bd.jpg

gs54b-min.thumb.jpg.0e4104969ae27429ea88fe5f14e6a1cc.jpg

gs55.thumb.jpg.61c19d7d669b053beea9a73518c69076.jpg

gs55a-min.thumb.jpg.01b4f628549dd757ab18e7f3ef745939.jpg

gs55b-min.thumb.jpg.448f4f9d255071fcb942f5d644615865.jpg

gs56.thumb.jpg.76a924811e3c9e6a648bd01b0c0167f8.jpg

gs56a-min.thumb.jpg.ac9418560addb15a52599e3d19903c44.jpg

gs56b-min.thumb.jpg.b657a9e563aa48ee3cb5eb580029b124.jpg

gs57.thumb.jpg.80de3ed447cdb8593ef99187623d6c38.jpg

And in this case it's me! Because I get the feeling we're going to be going back into a total lockdown soon.

And that will mean the Army back on the streets patrolling again.......that's not something you can ignore. So I'm making the most of this weekend!

At the moment the restrictions imposed mean I can't go into another town......I have to stay within the perimeters of this one. But fortunately there's plenty of scope for riding round the vast open countryside around this place.

The elements were in my favour.....24C and blue skies! So it would have been rude not to take advantage of that! And besides that.....I love this f@cking bike! And I still want to ride it like a bit on the side!

i see that the beemer is growing on you big time :D

My wife wants you to stop posting pictures and videos of Spain, because every time I see them I start banging on about emigrating! :lol: :thumb:

I think that window of opportunity will be gone by the end of the year.

My wife wants you to stop posting pictures and videos of Spain, because every time I see them I start banging on about emigrating! :lol: :thumb:

If your under 40 Italy will pay you to go 😁

Sadly I’ve missed that boat :lol:

I think that window of opportunity will be gone by the end of the year.

Yep, unfortunately I think that’s true....

how come you want to move from that beautiful island, a few have done it and then a few years later they decided to return and realised they could no longer afford to get on the housing market over there :(

how come you want to move from that beautiful island, a few have done it and then a few years later they decided to return and realised they could no longer afford to get on the housing market over there :(

Is it pricey there?

This is bloody killing me! You have to STOP

Back in February I had a deposit down on a place in Granada and was gearing up to start a gradual move over so by now when the last vestiges of the British summer have left n the cold dark months have left that mobiking sinking feeling I would be in Spain and enjoying riding in the sun.

Aaaaargh

I hate Covid...

But I love the vids god damn it.

As Bullseye would say “Look at wha u wudda won” aaaaaaargh.

This is bloody killing me! You have to STOP

Back in February I had a deposit down on a place in Granada and was gearing up to start a gradual move over so by now when the last vestiges of the British summer have left n the cold dark months have left that mobiking sinking feeling I would be in Spain and enjoying riding in the sun.

Aaaaargh

I hate Covid...

But I love the vids god damn it.

As Bullseye would say “Look at wha u wudda won” aaaaaaargh.

Are you still going ahead?

Well it’s definitely the plan.

But business is at the moment down about 25% and it’s nigh on impossible to think of doing something like that when you might soon have to make people redundant :cry: so yet another BAAAAAAASTAAAAARD (dunno if you can hear me shouting from here?) Covid thing!

Putting the irritation of daily realities aside for a minute. Yes definitely it’s now a matter of when. If it all goes completely tits up then it’ll be soon!

Plan to rent for a while first n get to know the area. Don’t want to discover I’ve moved just down the road from a place I would have enjoyed a lot more.

Well it’s definitely the plan.

But business is at the moment down about 25% and it’s nigh on impossible to think of doing something like that when you might soon have to make people redundant :cry: so yet another BAAAAAAASTAAAAARD (dunno if you can hear me shouting from here?) Covid thing!

Putting the irritation of daily realities aside for a minute. Yes definitely it’s now a matter of when. If it all goes completely tits up then it’ll be soon!

Plan to rent for a while first n get to know the area. Don’t want to discover I’ve moved just down the road from a place I would have enjoyed a lot more.

Not going to be easy after 31st Dec though......FOM is gone!

Yeah I know and that’s a damn shame but I’m not gonna be deterred. People have bought houses in other non EU countries for donkeys without too much hassle.

I doubt Spain or any other country wants to make itself undesirable to a potential expat moneybags. So we’ll see what inventive ways they come up with to lighten your wallet with extra ‘from outside the EU’ taxes n administration fees. I’d planned to keep England as my main residence anyway until it becomes clear where I’d rather be.

So lay it on [mention]XTreme[/mention] are the roads as good as they look? I’ve driven around in a car scoping the place out a bit and they look perfect.

Yeah I know and that’s a damn shame but I’m not gonna be deterred. People have bought houses in other non EU countries for donkeys without too much hassle.

I doubt Spain or any other country wants to make itself undesirable to a potential expat moneybags. So we’ll see what inventive ways they come up with to lighten your wallet with extra ‘from outside the EU’ taxes n administration fees. I’d planned to keep England as my main residence anyway until it becomes clear where I’d rather be.

So lay it on @XTreme are the roads as good as they look? I’ve driven around in a car scoping the place out a bit and they look perfect.

Yeh.....surfaces can vary a lot obviously, but generally where I live I have the roads to myself.

The island isn't what it was when I moved here, it's going down the pan fast. It'll soon be the biggest housing estate in the British Isles! Local politicians are ruining what was once a great place to live. Everything, including property is becoming really expensive, young people are moving away because they can't afford to live here, they're being replaced by retiree's from across the water, all of whom want to change everything the minute they get here. Ridiculously restrictive speed limits being introduced, pandering to petitions submitted by cycling groups, groups wanting to close down green lanes. more groups wanting to stop the TT and FOM. It used to be tagged the Isle of motorsport but a lot of people are now saying that it's fast becoming "gods waiting room". The government system here appears to be nothing more than an old boys club where they all just fudge one anothers political agendas through, regardless of how the masses feel. The cost of getting on and off the island is pure crazy, in fact I would go as far as saying that it's a rip off, Mainly due to the fact that the only boat service has a monopoly and there are limited air carriers who charge what they want....I'm finding it to be an increasingly frustrating place to live, maybe that's partly due to the covid restrictions and not being able to get away I don't know, I do know that me and the wife are, once things get a bit more back to normal, looking at potentially moving to Cumbria or North West of Scotland, see how things pan out.

yes i haven't been over for five years and i bet things have changed in that time i used to marshal at the TT and the MANX and really enjoyed it, my first time over there was a day trip from preston docks (it was still a working dock then)and that would be in about 1968

The island isn't what it was when I moved here, it's going down the pan fast.....................

.................... looking at potentially moving to Cumbria or North West of Scotland, see how things pan out.

never been .. don`t want to either .. and your post just confirms "what i already Knew"

probably get a small holdin north of the border .. but lakes is expensive particularly inside the confirmation order .. wear valley maybe better value..