Good Morning Good Night and General Chat.

S-Westerly

1 hour ago, Ian Frog said:

Is that the tartan tampons lot?

Cheers

Ian

Nope. My family were apparently reivers from the English side in Cumberland and Northumberland. Mainly Forsters and Grahams. In their time they were considered seriously naughty people.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, S-Westerly said:

Nope. My family were apparently reivers from the English side in Cumberland and Northumberland. Mainly Forsters and Grahams. In their time they were considered seriously naughty people.

Cool.

Just the kind of people we need in this day and age to put the wind up Queen Nichola and probably Bozo as well !

Cheers

Ian

Just now, Ian Frog said:

Cool.

Just the kind of people we need in this day and age to put the wind up Queen Nichola and probably Bozo as well !

Cheers

Ian

They put the wind up just about everybody and got badly hammered when the crowns of England and Scotland united as playing both sides off didn't work anymore. 

2 minutes ago, S-Westerly said:

They put the wind up just about everybody and got badly hammered when the crowns of England and Scotland united as playing both sides off didn't work anymore. 

If you get very hammered getting the wind up is not surprising.

A quick google reveals some people who were not prepared to take anyone else`s shit !

Admirable !

Cheers

Ian

Evening! 

I feel like I haven't been on here a lot recently!! 

Been non bloody stop with work, decorating and fixing cars! 

When what I really want to be doing is going over the bike ready for spring! Its been well neglected this year its normally stripped and checked over but instead its sat gathering dust in the corner of the garage :? 

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

Feel same, I've just been working flat out recently. Covid has actually made our shop busier than its ever been! We were literally breaking the shops record for takings every friday for about 8 weeks in a row 🤯

I know I should be thankful and grateful as so many others are out of work or reduced shifts but I'm f**ked!! :lol:

• Like 2

Covid has hit our industry hard in terms of takings and passenger numbers and I can't see a lot of these passengers coming back either as I think a lot of companies will move to working from home and also a lot of people will go to online shopping. 

Everything is OK while we are getting the government grants but when they stop I think well :hitfan:

• Sad 1

38 minutes ago, Stu said:

Covid has hit our industry hard in terms of takings and passenger numbers and I can't see a lot of these passengers coming back either as I think a lot of companies will move to working from home and also a lot of people will go to online shopping. 

Everything is OK while we are getting the government grants but when they stop I think well :hitfan:

My former employer has allowed their staff to work from home occasionally for some years, something I took advantage of on many occasions. Around 2005 I was given the task of seeing how they could reduce dependency on having office based working some years ago (none of my recommendations were adopted 😂). As a result of the pandemic they have now “normalised” working from home as for those who are able to. Many of my former colleagues are working from home as a matter of course and it’s looking like that will be embedded into their working practices. 

I know many are more than happy with this arrangement as it’s saving commuting time, costs etc. The downside being that many are working silly hours. The impact on city businesses will be significant as many pop out to the shops at lunchtime. 

11 hours ago, Stu said:

Grace got the bus to college last Tuesday.

8 am. She was the only one on a double decker. This was the leeds to Huddersfield bus!!!

Way back there was 3 on the bus....

39 minutes ago, NeilM said:

Grace got the bus to college last Tuesday.

8 am. She was the only one on a double decker. This was the leeds to Huddersfield bus!!!

Way back there was 3 on the bus....

It's scary times! 

Back in December I had to go into London- bear in mind this was about 10 days before Christmas when normally everything is heaving - the train in at peak commuting time was at most 25% occupied; the one home in midafternoon was even less. Hopefully this miserable f**king existence isn't going to be the new normal.

28 minutes ago, rennie said:

Good Morning :-D  Can't remember the last time I went on a bus or train!

over 10 years ago I reckon

I quite like trains and if I'm going to London which in normal times I quite often do I always take the train as driving and parking in London is insanely expensive.

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, rennie said:

Good Morning :-D  Can't remember the last time I went on a bus or train!

over 10 years ago I reckon

I understand. My memory isn’t what it was either. 🤔😂

I was an occasionally rail user, generally to go to London to see a show. London being the only large city readily  accessible by train from Norwich.

Bus fares were ridiculous in Norfolk. £2.60 single to travel two miles from the Newmarket Rd. to the city centre. 

When we moved to Dalston in Cumbria we found the rail service into Carlisle cheaper than driving, £3.20 return for the two of us. 

The connection to Birmingham International for the Bike show was a revelation, too, cheap and fast. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, S-Westerly said:

I quite like trains and if I'm going to London which in normal times I quite often do I always take the train as driving and parking in London is insanely expensive.

I like trains, it's the passengers I don't like. Same with planes and busses 

• Like 5

5 hours ago, Stu said:

It's scary times! 

the same thing happened around us when i was going into town for a beer it got to be just me on the bus ( but just a single decker)then they stopped the sunday service and the last bus into town during the week now is 18.50 :classic_sad:

Edited by skyrider

1 hour ago, James in Brum said:

I like public transport. It frustrates me that it is cheaper to take a private vehicle, excluding cost of owning one. Thing is when you have to already own one it is cheaper to drive than take public transport. 

Couldn't believe how cheap bus fare was in Hull, up here  its same price into town for 2 in a taxi, it turns up at your door and is general population free,  3 and over you save