Good Morning Good Night and General Chat.

S-Westerly

My wife ordered some jeans from Next so I had to go out on the bike to collect them from the store.

Only they've sent her the wrong size so I have to go out again on the bike tomorrow to take them back.

Let's hope she buys a load more clothes soon.

• Haha 2

I can guarantee the weather is about to get lovely for riding, warm and dry.

I know this because having ordered my heated gloves and battery packs on 5th January I finally have a working set. 

Brexit buggered up the first delivery as SBS were out of stock of batteries and new stock was held up for weeks. Gerbing manufactured a dud battery so when they arrived they didn't work. SBS ( who are usually brilliant) mucked up replacing the dud battery.

So prepare for good riding weather.

Edited by Mississippi Bullfrog
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Actually my local forecast is looking good for the next week or so. Now if only we could get the mud off the roads. To my humiliation I got burned off by a 4 wheel drive Merc while I was slithering around on mud. The shame of it.

• Haha 2
  • Sad 1

Yep.

Warm here.

Daft lad has gone to college with a short sleeved Celtic shirt on......

I feel it may be an act of provocation in his politics class. Plus it's was paddy's day yesterday and he was having lessons from home. We were all young once. But I really don't know where he gets his argumentative streak from....

• Haha 2

Good evening.

We’ve been busy building steps in the garden. I’m knackered and currently building up the energy to grab a beer from the cupboard immediately behind where I’m sitting. 

10 hours ago, NeilM said:

Yep.

Warm here.

Daft lad has gone to college with a short sleeved Celtic shirt on......

I feel it may be an act of provocation in his politics class. Plus it's was paddy's day yesterday and he was having lessons from home. We were all young once. But I really don't know where he gets his argumentative streak from....

He is a bit disappointed. 

Only one comment.  From another daft lad . I quote "We are the people. The mighty rangers"

No bigotry. No sectarianism.

Dull day....lol

• Like 2

On 19/03/2021 at 00:03, rennie said:

Good Morning :D

I still like Fridays! :thumb::cheers:😀

I don't like Fridays anymore! They have become so busy we have had to have a rule of "you cannot hold a grudge against another staff member for anything they say or call you" 

Calling your boss a muppet for forgetting to cook the chicken nuggets?  acceptable, its Friday :mrgreen:

Being told I won't get paid this week as I can't keep up with amount of chips needed?  Also acceptable, its Friday 😳

• Haha 2

On 19/03/2021 at 00:03, rennie said:

Good Morning :D

I still like Fridays! :thumb::cheers:😀

I saw a headline that, due to COVID, the four day week will now become more common. Would you have to change that to “I still like Thursdays “?

My good lady changed her employment contract to work “10 days in 9”... the original contract being for 35hr weeks (yea, right, she was doing more like 50hr  weeks) it changed to doing 70hrs in 9 days (what actually happened was she did the same number of hours per day but took every second Friday off 😁). It worked really well for her. 

• Like 1

I only work 4 days a week! 

Unfortunately its 4 of 7 days so it can be a mixed bag and I usually work 3 Saturdays in a row! 

The bonus is every 4 weeks I get 6 days off in a row :cool: 

• Like 1

Before lockdown my shifts were 4 out of 7 days.  12 hour shifts.

Now i'm doing 6 day weeks but shifts are a mix of 6 and 12 hours.  I don't like it and want my 3 days a week back! :crybaby:

• Like 2

Bugger that!! :shock:

Need more than one day off between night shifts as you spend the first day after a shift either as a zombie trying to keep awake or falling asleep and feeling pissed off for wasting your time off :roll:

• Like 1