Good Morning Good Night and General Chat.

S-Westerly

On 21/03/2021 at 10:16, Stu said:

I only work 4 days a week! 

Unfortunately its 4 of 7 days so it can be a mixed bag and I usually work 3 Saturdays in a row! 

The bonus is every 4 weeks I get 6 days off in a row :cool: 

i work 3 days a week...... only cause i cant survive on 2.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Six30 said:

who cares.... sooner the better. will be a classic case of thinking the grass is greener.

Means that I will have to sell the house and go down south...

No way in hell I'm going back to the EU.

• Like 1

Just now, husoi said:

Means that I will have to sell the house and go down south...

No way in hell I'm going back to the EU.

why , will they chuck you out then ?

35 minutes ago, husoi said:

Sounds like - if you don't get the answer you want keep asking the same question until you do. 

Oh well, it will mean me changing all my investments for my retirement as they're currently tied up in Scotland. I suspect it would not cause a huge dent in the Scottish economy. 

3 hours ago, Mississippi Bullfrog said:

Sounds like - if you don't get the answer you want keep asking the same question until you do. 

Oh well, it will mean me changing all my investments for my retirement as they're currently tied up in Scotland. I suspect it would not cause a huge dent in the Scottish economy. 

The Swiss do a lot of referenduming, they do it that you need a certain majority to enact the change, without it the bill Kees being amended to see a majority view and so they ask the same question until they get a sufficient consensus.

25 minutes ago, James in Brum said:

The Swiss do a lot of referenduming, they do it that you need a certain majority to enact the change, without it the bill Kees being amended to see a majority view and so they ask the same question until they get a sufficient consensus.

I think there's a difference between searching for a formulae that gains majority support by amending the proposition - and not getting the answer you want so just asking the same question again until you do. Thinking that the outcome of a referendum is the 'wrong' answer is not the exercise of proper democracy.

• Like 1

I quite agree. I also think asking a yes no question with significant consequences and basing the outcome on a tiny majority such as 50.1 per cent is not the exercise of proper democracy. As is not defining the legal terms of referendums in terms of what the outcome means etc.

mond you I also think first past the post in the constituency system in the UK is not proper democracy, also that the boundaries can be changed to make it much more likely for one party to win. 
I totally agree with your point, mine was made more as an alternative way of looking at how we ask questions :-)

• Like 1

8 hours ago, James in Brum said:

How you doing @dynax? 

Doing okay for the most part thanks James.

Still have plenty to deal with that is looming over me but on wards and upwards as they say :thumb:

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Good morning first good sleep I have had for a while managed a good six hours, must have been watching Terminator last night that did it :lol:

Still no side effects from the jab apart from an ache in my shoulder from the injection :thumb:

• Like 2

I am due to my jab this afternoon. Before that I have to sort out my mother's medical appointment. She's 86 and doesn't do technology so they sent her a very long link in a letter so she can access a virtual appointment.

Really? They know the issue they are discussing prevents her being able to accurately transcribe a lengthy link address from paper into an iPad. 

There are bits of the NHS that could win awards for callous stupidity.