Good Morning Good Night and General Chat.

S-Westerly

1 hour ago, dynax said:

Good morning Think I will need my thermal base layers on when I go shopping, I was feeling the cold yesterday in my leather jacket and it is cooler today :thumb:

We have frost up here with snow forecast in the week. Looks like it’s on with the decorating again ... 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Woke up at 3am to this :shock:

Dental abscess. All dentists including mine are shut until Tuesday. Emergency appointment available on Sunday in Harrogate :roll:

I've just spent last few hours in a&e and got some antibiotics from them. 

IMG-20210402-WA0000.jpeg

• Sad 5

I have but I'm not allowed to drink it with the antibiotics! :crybaby:

I've got some over the counter co codamol. If things get any worse I've got a stash of my Wifes full strength codeine pills  

24 minutes ago, Tiggie said:

Woke up at 3am to this :shock:

Dental abscess. All dentists including mine are shut until Tuesday. Emergency appointment available on Sunday in Harrogate :roll:

I've just spent last few hours in a&e and got some antibiotics from them. 

IMG-20210402-WA0000.jpeg

fook me , its David Bellamy's love child.

• Haha 6

7 minutes ago, Six30 said:

is anything they broadcast worthy of the tv licence , i ask .

Their best news are the weather forecast and we all know how many times they get it right... 🙄

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Six30 said:

Yes.

Doctor Who,

Gardeners Question Time.

You and Yours (Radio 4),

the Reith Lectures, 

numerous radio plays,

Pop Master (R2),

MOTD,

Desert Island Discs,

Brazil with Michael Palin,

Six Nations Rugby,

Mastermind,

Finding Jack Charlton,

Countryfile,

the Lakes with Paul Rose...

Films... for example last week they had the classic film The Cruel Sea on, Rush (Hunt / Lauda)

and those are just things I might enjoy (others might prefer Strictly Come Dancing, or Eastenders, or Line of Duty... etc.)

Then there are the arts programmes (not my taste, but I’m sure there’s cultural value to them).

And I bet I haven’t scratched the surface. 

Well I don't have a TV licence nor a TV I hasten to add. Haven't for over 40 years and don't miss it at all. Occasionally when I find myself in a hotel with TV I'll switch it on and after a bit think I'm wasting my life here and switch it off again.

• Like 3

We have a TV but I can't remember the last time it got switched on. It might not even work for all I know.

I pay a licence few for stuff my wife watches on her iPad. Something to do with cooking which our daughters watch as well and then they have heated debates about who should have won something or other. I don't get it, with cooking if no-one dies everyone's a winner.

I suspect the last time I watched anything was when Dr Who stopped being an intelligent production and turned back into a children's show.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Six30 said:

In addition they have created  incredible amounts of educational material available for free. Including altering their schedule throughout the pandemic to support the home education of children.

They produce very popular programs and in addition programs that would not have started and became very popular. 
there is ground breaking and boundary pushing the which they co produce with American TV and also with channel four.

• Like 2

I think we could happily survive with streaming services.

When I lived on my tod I didn't have a TV and had great fun when TV licence guy came calling 😁 

Not as much fun as when jehovah's witnesses called, I think I'm on the don't call list now.

• Haha 2

33 minutes ago, James in Brum said:

There is a lot we could do without, I would suggest that is not the same as whether something is worth it or not.

It's only worth it if you like any of it and watch it, I think part of the problem with the BBC is it's gone past its remit and is not as unbiased as it should be.

To me it's not worth it 😁 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Steve_M said:

Yes.

Doctor Who,

Gardeners Question Time.

You and Yours (Radio 4),

the Reith Lectures, 

numerous radio plays,

Pop Master (R2),

MOTD,

Desert Island Discs,

Brazil with Michael Palin,

Six Nations Rugby,

Mastermind,

Finding Jack Charlton,

Countryfile,

the Lakes with Paul Rose...

Films... for example last week they had the classic film The Cruel Sea on, Rush (Hunt / Lauda)

and those are just things I might enjoy (others might prefer Strictly Come Dancing, or Eastenders, or Line of Duty... etc.)

Then there are the arts programmes (not my taste, but I’m sure there’s cultural value to them).

And I bet I haven’t scratched the surface. 

Nope none of them are worth paying for a tv licence .... can get them all for free .

For me it's a personal choice. I prefer to read for relaxation. These days more often than not using ebooks. I find TV  boring or irrelevant to me. I wouldn't presume to tell anyone else what to do with their time. Ido get a degree of malicious pleasure in telling the TV licensing people where to go, politely of course.

• Like 1