Good Morning Good Night and General Chat.

S-Westerly

3 hours ago, Mickly said:

This was outside the Mermaid at Porth, Cornwall yesterday, it was warmer than it looks.

6E02993B-61DF-402D-8713-5E040F771848.thumb.jpeg.5c8331cca4bba9274b4bd49f2cb5eafe.jpeg

Off to Perranporth today.

Perranporth 

92EFA55C-B4BA-4C2A-8EE9-B17F489BA58F.thumb.jpeg.c197128bcb8a311357f0fe0492b07018.jpeg

• Like 5

On 15/04/2021 at 05:39, TimR said:

If its a 95-98 ft-fw i have quite a few parts inc a frame with v5 . Do have some track fairings as well ...not the prettiest of things but ....

It is a 1995 so I'll keep note of this in case he goes for my offer. It's an N reg, but that doesn't mean it's not a F2 that was left over 1994 stock registered the following year. The F2 and F3 look very similar, but I've not been up close to an F2 in years, is there any features that clearly differentiate them?

Hopefully getting the new rec/reg on it tomorrow, and give it a test before and after to make sure it's charging. One thing is for sure, the F4 is a better bike to work on imo, but I am biased having had 2 in the last few years as projects (F4 carb and F4i). Things like the carbs vacuum hoses for carb syncing terminating onto the airbox, rather than the comparable faff I had with the F3's. Not like it's a common job, but it is always nice to see a bit of design like that. 

4 hours ago, Fozzie said:

It is a 1995 so I'll keep note of this in case he goes for my offer. It's an N reg, but that doesn't mean it's not a F2 that was left over 1994 stock registered the following year. The F2 and F3 look very similar, but I've not been up close to an F2 in years, is there any features that clearly differentiate them?

Hopefully getting the new rec/reg on it tomorrow, and give it a test before and after to make sure it's charging. One thing is for sure, the F4 is a better bike to work on imo, but I am biased having had 2 in the last few years as projects (F4 carb and F4i). Things like the carbs vacuum hoses for carb syncing terminating onto the airbox, rather than the comparable faff I had with the F3's. Not like it's a common job, but it is always nice to see a bit of design like that. 

F2 front bodywork more boxy /wheels are different / forks / rear brakes...... I have some f2 stuff as well if i remember .

1 minute ago, Ian Frog said:

Morning Mike.

I forgot to ask how the fishing went the other day?

Cheers

Ian

:lol: Never even got the tackle off the bike, spent all afternoon gassing but it was an enjoyable afternoon :thumb:

• Like 5

2 hours ago, dynax said:

:lol: Never even got the tackle off the bike, spent all afternoon gassing but it was an enjoyable afternoon :thumb:

Twas the bacon butty n coffees what did it.

Oh and me n stu talking shite about bikes for 4 hours.....lol

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

went to heysham near lancaster and sat outside a cafe and had a bacon butty and my mum had a ham salad sandwich and watched people on the beach at the side of the irish sea and then we went to morecambe for a walk round 😃

• Like 3

Back home by early afternoon. 

Got the re set i needed. Full week of beach, sun and drinking. 

Feeling it now though. My liver is gently weeping.....lol

Anyway. Back to a 64 hour week from tomorrow day shift....

• Like 1

8 hours ago, NeilM said:

Twas the bacon butty n coffees what did it.

Oh and me n stu talking shite about bikes for 4 hours.....lol

I just talk shite all the time so no change there :lol: 

• Haha 2

Good evening, haven't had a day like today for a long time, had a good six hours at my sister's, had a good catch up and watched the F1, then  met @Tiggie and sampled some proper chips and very tasty they were too, and had a chinwag for twenty mins or so, all in all another great day :thumb:

• Like 5

I'm growing it out on purpose to wind my wife up :classic_biggrin:

Benefit of covid is I have to wear a mask constantly at work so boss hasn't noticed. Usually it wouldn't get near that length before they would make comments 

• Haha 1