Good Morning Good Night and General Chat.

S-Westerly

3 hours ago, Mississippi Bullfrog said:

One has been awarded a trophy for one's sailing endeavours.

In my case remembering that the pointy end goes to the front.

IMG_20210422_080609602.jpg

In the little bit of sailing I’ve done I found it had a parallel with biking in that keeping it the right way up was kinda important. It could be for that, too...

Nice beer mug, mind.

5 hours ago, Mississippi Bullfrog said:

I woke up at about 3.00am and realized that when fruit is boiled with sugar it makes jam.

We have raspberry jam, strawberry jam, plum jam, blackcurrant jam, apricot jam, rhubarb jam, etc.

So why does the same process when using oranges result in marmalade?

I think this needs looking in to.

Other than marketing, I thought the definition of marmalade is it includes the rind? 🤔

• Like 1

1 hour ago, James in Brum said:

I was sat away from the car park and struck by how attractive the bike is so decided to share.

When you can't get enough of looking at your bike , you know that you have made the right choice . 

Polish_20210422_194522177.jpg

Polish_20210422_194158446.jpg

Polish_20210422_194840347.jpg

• Like 1

I have had the bike for about 18 months now, she is no longer quite the high quality specimen because of that daft so and so driving into me and nocking  the bike down. Despite that, I still go to look at it just because I can, I could sit and look for the sake of it. I could imagine getting a more powerful bike, I’m used to the acceleration now so it seems less like warp speed but then I would not be sure about having heavier.

1 hour ago, James in Brum said:

I have had the bike for about 18 months now, she is no longer quite the high quality specimen because of that daft so and so driving into me and nocking  the bike down. Despite that, I still go to look at it just because I can, I could sit and look for the sake of it. I could imagine getting a more powerful bike, I’m used to the acceleration now so it seems less like warp speed but then I would not be sure about having heavier.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Kawasaki-ZZR600d-90-92-Breaking-Full-Bike-Spares-Parts-/324401609667?_trksid=p2349624.m46890.l49286

2 hours ago, James in Brum said:

Buy an R1, 177kgs dry weight with 150hp compared to the zzr at 196kg and 100hp

Very good morning everybody :thumb: 

5c for the moment going all the way up to 15 later.

very light northerly breeze

blue sky all round

and that shinny thing in the sky 😀 

4 minutes ago, husoi said:

Very good morning everybody :thumb: 

5c for the moment going all the way up to 15 later.

very light northerly breeze

blue sky all round

and that shinny thing in the sky 😀 

Going to make the most of it today, after dinner going to do a time trial to the test centre in prep for Tuesday, then from there going to go for a ride into the peaks possibly, i will leave that open for now and see where the road takes me :lol:

• Like 1

4 hours ago, dynax said:

Going to make the most of it today, after dinner going to do a time trial to the test centre in prep for Tuesday, then from there going to go for a ride into the peaks possibly, i will leave that open for now and see where the road takes me :lol:

Have I missed something here ? What test are you doing ? 

I tried the compass setting on the Beeline today. Absolute hoot riding round country lanes knowing I was heading in the right general direction. What brilliant way to navigate. I wish I'd tried it sooner. 

I'm usually leading a group when I use the Beeline so I've usually stuck to a pre-determined route. 

For solo riding this is going to be my default choice now.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, fastbob said:

Have I missed something here ? What test are you doing ? 

Got my MOD1 next week, only doing A1 though, I know it's the same test for the full A, but doing it on my own bike rather than having the expense of using a schools bike :thumb:

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, dynax said:

Got my MOD1 next week, only doing A1 though, I know it's the same test for the full A, but doing it on my own bike rather than having the expense of using a schools bike :thumb:

Good luck mate . 🤞

• Thanks 1