Good Morning Good Night and General Chat.

S-Westerly

May as well chuck this out here as I can't be arsed making a new post for it.

Anyone fancy joining me in a ride out to Cleethorpes on Wednesday.

I am going there for some fishing so will be staying a good few hours, but anyone who wants to come just for the ride is more than welcome, not sure which route yet, either A18 or going through Gainsborough and A46, I will be setting off between 9 and 10 in the morning, so just let me know :thumb:

Knackered. 

Just been for a run....

I am feeling old and fat.

Reason being.

I may have whilst drinking volunteered by services to a coastal union vets team. (You know the one @Stu)

So I need to either get fit or stop drinking.  And I like lager....

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Just had the best leftover tea ever.

3 day old iftar leftovers.  Friend of Lisa, her mam. Home cooked various Indian cuisine. 

I love Ramadan round here. Get some right food given.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, NeilM said:

Just had the best leftover tea ever.

3 day old iftar leftovers.  Friend of Lisa, her mam. Home cooked various Indian cuisine. 

I love Ramadan round here. Get some right food given.

Funnily enough I have some chicken and spinach left over from today's dinner that I will have when I get back home from my fishing expedition tomorrow :thumb:

• Like 1

Good morning, been up Dawn's crack sorting thing's out, it's cold and wet outside and I don't know if i can be bothered going today got a few hours to make up my mind, on the plus side there probably won't be many people there, will flip a coin and do best out of three :lol: :thumb:

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Steve_M said:

Today’s DIY tip. Cutting laminate flooring is the perfect way to knacker a saw blade. 

6C4C83DE-F8D7-4C43-AD30-A6579FDEE2AD.jpeg

What blades you using, cheap ones dont tend to do very well, I got a couple of Freud for daughters, one has so far cut all end panels, plinths, several doors and various associated crap in the kitchen.

Was looking at reviews on screwifix, a couple slated them because the writing was on the wrong side, ie they couldn't follow instructions so the blades were spinning the wrong way and not cutting, there a big bloody arrow on it 😂 

I bought a proper laminate cutter when I did my hallway. It goes through the planks surprisingly well.

Edit: my hallway was 16mm boards and the cutter handled them fine.

71VbjGscdJL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

24 minutes ago, Tiggie said:

I bought a proper laminate cutter when I did my hallway. It goes through the planks surprisingly well.

Edit: my hallway was 16mm boards and the cutter handled them fine.

71VbjGscdJL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

Cheers. I’ll buy one for the next room we do the flooring on.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bender said:

What blades you using, cheap ones dont tend to do very well, I got a couple of Freud for daughters, one has so far cut all end panels, plinths, several doors and various associated crap in the kitchen.

Was looking at reviews on screwifix, a couple slated them because the writing was on the wrong side, ie they couldn't follow instructions so the blades were spinning the wrong way and not cutting, there a big bloody arrow on it 😂 

I’m using DeWalt tungsten tipped. The blade’s done quite a lot of work. Two  rooms, oak skirting and miscellaneous bits of cutting of CLS etc. 

6 minutes ago, Bender said:

I mostly  laminate hand saw and cut them by hand, if it's  cuts along the length the circular saw comes out.

I bought a guillotine for the viny flooring that worked ok.

So do you hand saw them by hand then 🤔😂