Good Morning Good Night and General Chat.

S-Westerly

Good morning , as some of you may be aware , I do important work for Her Majesty's Government so I will resist the temptation to gaze out of the window this morning . Hopefully that should give me plenty to do this afternoon . 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Today is mostly wiling away sections of time.

Do a few meetings then get to the Nut and Bolt shop to pick up a bolt for my new exhaust (which the manufacturer seemingly forgot to put in the box)

Then resist the temptation to look out of the bedroom window.

Then pick my daughter up from school.

Further resist temptation. 

Then enjoy the Bank Holiday weekend.

Xena is all loaded up, today is the day for Cleethorpes or bust I will be at the very end of the North Prom if anyone is in the area and wants to say hello, see you all later :thumb:

• Like 2

I was at Old Stores shovelling down a light snack as it was rather chilly this morning when I got a text from our local surgery telling me I was called in for a Phlebotomy. Which kind of took the shine off my breakfast - until I looked it up and it only means a blood test. 

Why couldn't they say 'Blood Test'?

When I'd recovered we revised our route as we'd heard it was pouring down at Bala so we headed down the Horseshoe Pass and back via the country lanes of North Shropshire and Cheshire. The rain caught up with us so the bike needs a bit of a wash.

Old Stores brekky.jpg

April 30 2021 1.jpg

April 30 2021 2.jpg

• Like 3

8 hours ago, NeilM said:

Good luck.

I'm being filmed this afternoon via zoom for an internal works video concerning mental health. 

Bit nervous really.

I'm a mental health ambassador at work and most on my plant know I have PTSD and are generally a bit cuckoo but this is going company wide. And I work for a multi national.....

I think I'll open the recording with a pencil up each nostril....lol

Well. That was emotional.

Evidently I was very frank.....

They want to do more filming. 

I take that to be a good thing....lol

I could be the northern working class rough arse agony aunt

• Like 2

We're off out for the day in the campervan :thumb:

Barmouth for fish and chips from The Mermaid

and Tywyn for a honey ice cream at the very least!

It's been a while since we were allowed! I hope there isn't too much traffic :scratch:

We briefly considered going 2 up on the bike but don't think either of our geriatric bodies are up to it! :classic_biggrin:

In the van we have our own toilet with us and the ability to make a brew:thumb: ( it also does more mpg than my bike:scratch:)

• Like 2

Good morning yesterday did not quite go to plan, as I set off Xena was too top heavy and I nearly dropped her, so took everything off and started again.

This time only packed one rod and a small amount of gear and ditched my change of clothes, finally got going and all was well, got to the other side of Gainsborough and I was in a downpour and got drenched from the bottom down, luckily I put my textile jacket on instead of my leather one.

Made it to Cleethorpes but with the tide right out and another 8 hours or so till the next high tide, I rode up and down the prom a couple of times where I could anyway , most of the prom was closed off for roadworks.

Rode up to the leisure centre and had a scout around the beach there,  just a note it is still free parking for motorcycles and all along the prom if you are parked in a bay.

Eventually dried out a bit then decided to head back home, not long after leaving I was into more bad weather this time hailstones and I was getting battered, most of the journey home I was in and out of rain showers, but I still enjoyed the ride.

I will need to find a proper solution to be able to travel light but with everything I need for future trips :thumb:

• Like 2

After a year of practically zero aerobic exercise I have started building a “Mini dojo”. It will be set up for solo judo fitness training. I have some fitness kit ready to put in place and I’ve bought Uchi Komi bands to add to that. 

This is going to hurt... 

E33270D5-8548-4322-A40D-951112B6709E.jpeg

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, Steve_M said:

After a year of practically zero aerobic exercise I have started building a “Mini dojo”. It will be set up for solo judo fitness training. I have some fitness kit ready to put in place and I’ve bought Uchi Komi bands to add to that. 

This is going to hurt... 

E33270D5-8548-4322-A40D-951112B6709E.jpeg

Like that.

Fight club. 

In all seriousness.  Brilliant.

Dabbled with aikido when younger. 

• Like 1

After riding round N Wales in sleet and rain yesterday my sailing activities today are curtailed due to my right hip aching like someone's been hitting me with a hammer all night. 

'Tis my own silly fault, I believed the weather forecast and went in my summer riding gear - having previouly put on my winter kit and then taken it off again. Bad decision.

8 hours ago, dynax said:

Good morning yesterday did not quite go to plan, as I set off Xena was too top heavy and I nearly dropped her, so took everything off and started again.

This time only packed one rod and a small amount of gear and ditched my change of clothes, finally got going and all was well, got to the other side of Gainsborough and I was in a downpour and got drenched from the bottom down, luckily I put my textile jacket on instead of my leather one.

Made it to Cleethorpes but with the tide right out and another 8 hours or so till the next high tide, I rode up and down the prom a couple of times where I could anyway , most of the prom was closed off for roadworks.

Rode up to the leisure centre and had a scout around the beach there,  just a note it is still free parking for motorcycles and all along the prom if you are parked in a bay.

Eventually dried out a bit then decided to head back home, not long after leaving I was into more bad weather this time hailstones and I was getting battered, most of the journey home I was in and out of rain showers, but I still enjoyed the ride.

I will need to find a proper solution to be able to travel light but with everything I need for future trips :thumb:

I always take my fishing gear on my trips to Scotland . All I have is a telescopic all purpose rod , a fixed spool reel , a few packs of Mackerel Feathers , swivels and weights . I also take a pack of artificial worms and some lighter line in case I happen to find myself near a trout stream and there's nobody looking . 

• Like 3

27 minutes ago, fastbob said:

I always take my fishing gear on my trips to Scotland . All I have is a telescopic all purpose rod , a fixed spool reel , a few packs of Mackerel Feathers , swivels and weights . I also take a pack of artificial worms and some lighter line in case I happen to find myself near a trout stream and there's nobody looking . 

Just checked the Sausage website which implies closed and Jack`s hill not clear info.

How do you fancy Bugbrooke on the canal about 11? (NN7 3QB)

Cheers

Ian

3 hours ago, Ian Frog said:

Just checked the Sausage website which implies closed and Jack`s hill not clear info.

How do you fancy Bugbrooke on the canal about 11? (NN7 3QB)

Cheers

Ian

Yeah , I can do that . As long as it's not pissing down I'll be there . 

15 hours ago, fastbob said:

The rods are easy enough to carry it's the rest of it that makes it bulky and heavy, my main tackle bag in itself is okay but then adding extras that will fit into it, then having extra luggage for clothing and food, then add in carrying a lock and chain, the weight soon adds up.

Once we get into some warmer weather a lot of the clothing will be significantly reduced, it's just still a little bit nippy out on the coast especially when you're just basically sat in one place, and not moving about so much.

I do think until the warmer weather arrives properly I will have to use something similar, I have a 9ft telescopic spinning rod which would be fine for some rock fishing with lures etc, and a 10ft 2pc general purpose rod that I can use for some pier or float fishing.

Keeping the tackle light to a couple of rods and a minimum amount of end tackle will be the way to go for the time being, and reducing what extra clothing I take will help too.

It's all about experimenting and seeing what works and finding a compromise that suits :thumb:

Agreed deffo the better day to be out on the bike.

Going out on it in about 15mins and heading towards Bugbrooke hoping for a cafe that`s open.

Cheers

Ian

• Like 2