Good Morning Good Night and General Chat.

S-Westerly

1 hour ago, Ian Frog said:

Just got back and looks like a bit of rain is heading our way now.

Hope @fastbob doesn`t get wet he headed on when I turned for home.

Cheers

Ian

Just a light sprinkle . I've just got in . No real idea where I've been but it makes a refreshing change to be able to get lost occasionally . 

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Gerontious said:

Excited... about to retire my 11yr old desktop computer, new one ordered.. just a 3 week wait. Its like Christmas only Christmas Eve never ends!!

Hours of fun* configuring the new one, transferring data (unless you use Cloud) loading required software etc. 

* not my idea of fun to be honest.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Steve_M said:

Hours of fun* configuring the new one, transferring data (unless you use Cloud) loading required software etc. 

* not my idea of fun to be honest.

nor mine... I stopped having to do that shit years ago. entire process should take 20 minutes. (or less)

• Like 1

Just booked a skills day at Castle Combe - really looking forward to it.

Not a track day, but a day where you work on various aspects of riding (vision, body positioning, cornering, braking etc. My mechanic helps deliver it and just been waiting for a date that works. and availability has been like gold dust because of some pandemic thing.

If the weather stays as it is for the next hour I might try and nip out on the bike at lunch 

• Like 1

Feel free to bore yourself with 90 seconds of me going down the wind tunnel that is Burrington Combe. Full of gravel and shit down the middle today making cornering... fun.

Did hit one patch of gravel later on in the ride and had that fun 'floaty' moment.

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, SometimesSansEngine said:

Feel free to bore yourself with 90 seconds of me going down the wind tunnel that is Burrington Combe. Full of gravel and shit down the middle today making cornering... fun.

Did hit one patch of gravel later on in the ride and had that fun 'floaty' moment.

Is that Beeline running on your phone?

I had to run an errand to Chester today, the local roads are covered in gravel and mud after the weekend's weather. The A55 ring road was torrential with very blustery winds. Overtaking HGVs was fun - the air wake off them was all over the place.

39 minutes ago, Mississippi Bullfrog said:

Is that Beeline running on your phone?

I had to run an errand to Chester today, the local roads are covered in gravel and mud after the weekend's weather. The A55 ring road was torrential with very blustery winds. Overtaking HGVs was fun - the air wake off them was all over the place.

Yup I've been giving it a try after seeing a few of you on here mention it. I need to give it a proper try on some routes where I'm actually not entirely confident where I'm going - today I pretty much knew where I was going and had it just to make sure I didn't accidentally extend my lunchbreak.

I don't think my (now old) GoPro quite picked up all the gravel in the Combe, you can see some of the patches there but in other spots there was just a nice central trail of them to avoid. And I wasn't joking about being sideways on some of the exposed parts of the Mendip today. It would have been quite amusing if someone was following me with a dashcam to see what I looked like, leaning into the wind then having to really push on the bar to get around a left hander. I saw a group of riders that very much looked like a CBT run, it definitely would be an education for someone on a 125 for the first time!

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Stu said:

Evening all 

Has anyone seen summer anywhere? 

Its frigging baltic! 

heard we got 10 days of it... for fook sake.

Just now, Six30 said:

heard we got 10 days of it... for fook sake.

Feels like its been 10 years already! 

I just want to ride the bike :(