Good Morning Good Night and General Chat.

S-Westerly

1 hour ago, rennie said:

We used to go on HV refresher course every 2 years! I haven't been for about 10! :scratch:

The last 2 people we authorised here I did it! 🤣

Mind you we don't really switch anyway, only isolate and earth.

S1 this week.

S4 next month

Both refreshers so easy enough.

• Like 1

In the midst of the current uncertainties spare a thought for those getting married over July. Not only will they be effected by the continued restrictions (and if the number goes above 30 it will still be limited to the venue's Covid capacity which is usually about the same, so that's a red herring), but they are also affected by Cameron's changes to the way weddings are registered which our local office tell me isn't working ( they're still waiting to put in place the regulations required by 4 May) and from 1 July the Brexit effect hits weddings. The government announced the training last Friday afternoon, which takes place today, the following Monday, giving less than one working days notice. 

Many couples have already changed the date four or five times and by this evening have to decide whether to cancel yet again.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Mississippi Bullfrog said:

In the midst of the current uncertainties spare a thought for those getting married over July. Not only will they be effected by the continued restrictions (and if the number goes above 30 it will still be limited to the venue's Covid capacity which is usually about the same, so that's a red herring), but they are also affected by Cameron's changes to the way weddings are registered which our local office tell me isn't working ( they're still waiting to put in place the regulations required by 4 May) and from 1 July the Brexit effect hits weddings. The government announced the training last Friday afternoon, which takes place today, the following Monday, giving less than one working days notice. 

Many couples have already changed the date four or five times and by this evening have to decide whether to cancel yet again.

Makes me think* that getting married isn’t worth the hassle. 

* should that be “confirms my belief”? 

54 minutes ago, Steve_M said:

Makes me think* that getting married isn’t worth the hassle. 

* should that be “confirms my belief”? 

No it confirms the whole bloated process is the issue and folk waste far too much money and time on it, mostly to then realise divorce is way more expensive. 

• Sad 1

4 hours ago, Bender said:

No it confirms the whole bloated process is the issue and folk waste far too much money and time on it, mostly to then realise divorce is way more expensive. 

I actually offered to marry my other half in the last 12 months, only because we could restrict the guests to VERY low numbers 😁

Weve been living together so long any separation would be costly.  You don’t need to be married for that.

1 minute ago, NeilM said:

Well its nice to be drinking expensive lager with the firm paying again.....

Missed them paying me to drink and eat...lol

Your boy done good yesterday!! Bet you toasted that 🍻

2 hours ago, Mickly said:

Your boy done good yesterday!! Bet you toasted that 🍻

Oh yes. 

I was on shift but managed to watch it.

I phoned my mam around 5 pm and got no sense whatsoever bar ooohhh Kalvin....lol

8 hours ago, onesea said:

I actually offered to marry my other half in the last 12 months, only because we could restrict the guests to VERY low numbers 😁

Weve been living together so long any separation would be costly.  You don’t need to be married for that.

But if you skip the expensive wedding you've saved 😂 

I think I've had every kinda break up on the list, acrimonious, violent, emotional, expensive, amicable. 

Not necessarily in that order. 

Good morning nice and bright and warm, no updates from herpes tracking since Friday so heck knows when my parts will arrive, and my mates YBR is being collected this morning so at least that will make some needed space :thumb:

Good evening. 

I have a holiday beer in hand after much meandering around Lakeland fells today. 

A short walk of seven miles with 3000 feet of ascent. A bit wearing as most ascent and descent was on steep or tricky to negotiate ground. 

Still, the views were pretty good. 

3630062B-09E3-411D-B101-1EB494DE1803.jpeg

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Takanta said:

Great views.  I'm not long back from loch Lomond.  So peaceful just sitting with a beer in hand with nice views pondering lol

Had a great day walking, drinking whiskey and watching eagles float by above Loch lomond many yrs ago. 

1 hour ago, Bender said:

Had a great day walking, drinking whiskey and watching eagles float by above Loch lomond many yrs ago. 

There’s a photo of me, age 15, about to take a dip in Loch Lomond at Rowardennan. I’ve hated swimming in cold water ever since. 

• Haha 1