Good Morning Good Night and General Chat.

S-Westerly

42 minutes ago, Bender said:

Good job your off. 

Hope breaks not to bad, good luck. 

I might be off but we are going to Wales tomorrow :shock: 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Pie man said:

I hope all is OK. Have you a route planned. Have you tried the Wales 360 route!

Nope no route planned! I haven't even had chance yet as I have been too busy! 

Whats this Wales 360? 

10 hours ago, Stu said:

Whats this Wales 360? 

Wales 360,  ride to welsh border, cross border, do a 360 and leave as quick as you can 😂 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

4 minutes ago, Stu said:

Whats this Wales 360? 

Its a welsh version of the NC500 - Its a 360 mile route around North Wales taking in Anglesey - Barmouth - Aberystwyth etc  

• Like 1

Just now, Pie man said:

Its a welsh version of the NC500 - Its a 360 mile route around North Wales taking in Anglesey - Barmouth - Aberystwyth etc  

I will have a google when I get chance :thumb: 

10 hours ago, Stu said:

Whats this Wales 360? 

One road you must have a look at is the A4212 between Bala and Trawsfynydd. And if you get chance the B4391 off that towards Ffestiniog, and the B4407. Narrow and bumpy but great views on a clear day. 

• Like 4

Once I get to Trawsfynydd I like the road that drops down to Dollgellau where there's a superb cafe in the town centre which I can't remember the name of, then on cross country on small roads towards Llandrindod Wells. 

6 hours ago, Mississippi Bullfrog said:

One road you must have a look at is the A4212 between Bala and Trawsfynydd. And if you get chance the B4391 off that towards Ffestiniog, and the B4407. Narrow and bumpy but great views on a clear day. 

My dad had a caravan at Harlech when I was young. I have travelled and driven that road many times. It’s a cracker. 

11 minutes ago, Steve_M said:

My dad had a caravan at Harlech when I was young. I have travelled and driven that road many times. It’s a cracker. 

When I was young I lived in Harlech for 4 years. 

4 hours ago, S-Westerly said:

When I was young I lived in Harlech for 4 years. 

He sold the ‘van around 1980 after one of the locals became abusive about the English and where they could stick their money. A great shame because my parents had enjoyed many good times there.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, rennie said:

Good Evening :classic_biggrin:

I made it to Smethwick and the view is horrible! 🤣

I don't miss working in Smethwick some interesting driving there. I work in Birmingham now but been working from home since November, my first day back today. I'm lucky I work in Bournville and from my home I miss the crappy bits out and use the lanes through Frankley and past the reservoir so relatively nice for Birmingham !

• Like 1

2 hours ago, MikeHorton said:

I don't miss working in Smethwick some interesting driving there. I work in Birmingham now but been working from home since November, my first day back today. I'm lucky I work in Bournville and from my home I miss the crappy bits out and use the lanes through Frankley and past the reservoir so relatively nice for Birmingham !

I used to have to go to Central Birmingham on a regular basis. Stopping at the plaza. Absolute nightmare to get in and out of from the motorway. 

Used to take the bike when I could but then they dug the car park up and became a bit of a faff to say the least.

Some decent pubs in the centre tho

• Like 2