Good Morning Good Night and General Chat.

S-Westerly

13 hours ago, Bender said:

Uncultured, the genius is far out weighed by the dross not that there was any 😂 

I guess humour was lost on the old folk,  my dad didn't get them either 😁 

Old? I was 16 when they first aired… 

• Haha 1

A bit of a brown trouser moment last night. CE round a bend on the lane to find a tree fallen across the road. I stopped no problem but the traffic following nearly didn't.

Whilst the various car drivers milled around in confusion I set to and dragged it clear enough for me to slip through.

• Like 3

Good evening and writing this from a new to me pc which I picked up locally from a guy on FB, it's not brilliant but better than that chromebook which will be going back, at least i can use my big monitor and was able to do a dual boot system with Ubuntu, so I now have a choice of either Win10 or Ubuntu all for the grand sum of £20 :thumb:

• Like 4

23 hours ago, Mississippi Bullfrog said:

A bit of a brown trouser moment last night. CE round a bend on the lane to find a tree fallen across the road. I stopped no problem but the traffic following nearly didn't.

Whilst the various car drivers milled around in confusion I set to and dragged it clear enough for me to slip through.

Had similar on the way to Banbury some years ago.

Following in a line of cars they all started swerving out to avoid a section of car exhaust laying in our lane.

Stopped the bike and slung said exhaust into the hedge, problem solved.

Morning!

Caused an anti-vaxxer to have a small meltdown last night and now he's stalking me on the page I told him the silliness in one of his claims.

He was one of the "I won't be part of the experiment" brigade.

So I tell him if there is an experiment going on, he's part of it, and laid it out, and pointed out an experiment needs a control group to compare results against, so as he will have a NHS number, if he needs treatment he'll become part of the statistics. I then popped on his profile and he'd filled out one of those quizzes and I finished by telling him as he'd told me his job, age, kids, and marital status, he had willingly given the experiment crucial information that allows him to be categorized. 

It didn't go down well...

• Haha 8

Got a new freezer delivered at work today. 48 hour delivery has taken over two weeks but hey ho :roll:

I had actually finished my shift and was at home when I got a phone call to see if I could come and help bring it into the shop as delivery guy said he wasn't allowed to enter premises due to covid.

Went down, got it in place, plugged it in and went home. 4 hours later my phone rings again, it won't go any colder than 1° and can't actually be set lower than that ( needs to be  -18° minimum)

I went back down and had a play, couldn't get it to work. Other fryer joked that he thinks we've been sent a fridge by mistake, I googled the model number...... He was right!!!  :bang:

If you look at the photos I'm sure you can see how it happened :lol:

Screenshot_20210804-150622.png

Screenshot_20210804-150612.png

• Like 3

@Tiggie

And you just know someone, somewhere, has an identical unit saying "F***kin ell, I don't need to freeze stuff, why is -4 the highest it goes!?"

Unless it's a brand new model on the market, you'd think they'd have been through the pain of that mistake by now!

• Like 1

I've been pissing about with 3D printers this week and they are fantastic!

20 minutes printing can turn out a part that would take an hour or so to machine plus you can set it going and do something else.

I want one now!

• Like 3

Morning!

I finally got parts I ordered like a month ago for my latest project, my second Honda Blackbird. Should be MOT'd and riding by next week, going to have some fun then lay it up over winter and get some big bits done to it. 

Hopefully this thundery weather moves on...