Good Morning Good Night and General Chat.

S-Westerly

Well what a shitty day today has been. Until a couple of hours ago I was looking forward to being relieved in Reunion on the 10th. Just found out I won't be as my replacement is Russian and can't travel into France as Russia is on red list. Buggeration. Now stuck here until first half of September which is a bummer. On the plus side Reunion goes onto red list itself on the 8th so would have probably to do hotel quarantine on arrival.

3 minutes ago, S-Westerly said:

Well what a shitty day today has been. Until a couple of hours ago I was looking forward to being relieved in Reunion on the 10th. Just found out I won't be as my replacement is Russian and can't travel into France as Russia is on red list. Buggeration. Now stuck here until first half of September which is a bummer. On the plus side Reunion goes onto red list itself on the 8th so would have probably to do hotel quarantine on arrival.

Was just reading the list, bit of a bugger. 

Good evening :thumb:

On the way home this evening I nodded to another biker and this time instead of the usual nod or wave or even the european leg shake, I was acknowledged with a tap of the helmet :lol:

4 minutes ago, dynax said:

Good evening :thumb:

On the way home this evening I nodded to another biker and this time instead of the usual nod or wave or even the european leg shake, I was acknowledged with a tap of the helmet :lol:

what does that mean ?

10 hours ago, Hoggs said:

oh I always thought this meant police speed checks ahead. Were there any coppers out? 

9 hours ago, Six30 said:

police up ahead

9 hours ago, Pie man said:

Me too. I haven't seen anyone do that for a long long time. 

Thanks, that does make sense as that area is a known hotspot for speed traps :thumb:

• Like 1

Good evening got absolutely saturated today oh the joys of biking, but tbh I didn't care, called in to the supermarket for some bits and pieces and the exit was blocked by people waiting for it to stop, not being very polite and wanting to get home I shouted at them " It's only f'ing water you won't f'ing melt" and barged my way through :lol:

1 hour ago, Pie man said:

Good evening. Been commuting to and from work all week in the rain. To be honest I don't mind riding in the rain. 

Its one thing I hate with a passion! 

But once in it I'm OK :? 

I’ve just been reminded that it’s been eight years since I stopped working in IT to become a self employed gardener, and four since I fully retired. Among the best decisions I’ve ever made. 

• Like 3