Good Morning Good Night and General Chat.

S-Westerly

2 minutes ago, rennie said:

I lived there for a while towards the end of my time in The Army.

I can't remember a cafe though only the market/car boot.

Good Morning :classic_biggrin:

Well that was probably in 1830 :lol: 

• Haha 1

My Honda dealership has moved and is now sharing a much larger building with the Car side of things. It’s right posh and puts Pidcock BMW to shame. Nice lounge area to sit and wait in while the work is done. With very passable coffee. Once I’ve downed it, I’ll have a wander. A blast from the past up here. I never had one… but it’s lovely to see. An SS50

B0EEF8C2-A2FC-4CF8-B7CF-BA6D6297B3F5.jpeg

569568BB-5610-4DF9-9265-63BDAAC46FFE.jpeg

Edited by Gerontious
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, Gerontious said:

My Honda dealership has moved and is now sharing a much larger building with the Car side of things. It’s right posh and puts Pidcock BMW to shame. Nice lounge area to sit and wait in while the work is done. With very passable coffee. Once I’ve downed it, I’ll have a wander. A blast from the past up here. I never had one… but it’s lovely to see. An SS50

That looks really good and the SS50 looks very close to standard but surely those bars are wrong?

Cheers

Ian

41 minutes ago, Ian Frog said:

That looks really good and the SS50 looks very close to standard but surely those bars are wrong?

Cheers

Ian

Maybe. I’m no expert. 

4A0FFB80-1F62-4E1C-9D9C-E1DA2A293684.jpeg

Edited by Gerontious

Me neither !

They just looked a little too much like flat drag bars however from above they have a ring of authenticity lol.

I am sure a rivet counter will be along soon.

Cheers

Ian

7 hours ago, Gerontious said:

Unfortunately the SS50 was dog slow compared to the Fizzy & AP50 - or maybe it was just my mate who owned it 🤣

Hi everyone, quick question any musicians on here or can anyone advise regards keyboards, basically want to have a go at creating my own backing tracks for the videos etc, but also want it to be suitable to actually seriously learn how to play properly . Having been searching through my collection of cd's I have found a new fondness for classical music and I want to learn how to play.

2 hours ago, dynax said:

Hi everyone, quick question any musicians on here or can anyone advise regards keyboards, basically want to have a go at creating my own backing tracks for the videos etc, but also want it to be suitable to actually seriously learn how to play properly . Having been searching through my collection of cd's I have found a new fondness for classical music and I want to learn how to play.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

If you're serious, @dynax, then find yourself a teacher first and take their advice on what to get.

I don't want to put you off, but classical piano isn't like riding a bike; it takes years to get half-way to decent. 

57 minutes ago, bonio said:

If you're serious, @dynax, then find yourself a teacher first and take their advice on what to get.

I don't want to put you off, but classical piano isn't like riding a bike; it takes years to get half-way to decent. 

I dunno, I taught myself to play a bit a couple of years ago.

I just got a few noddy piano books and some music I knew and figured it out.

Disclaimer: I've played brass & strings for eons.

7 hours ago, dynax said:

Its a nightmare mate.

We have a piano in house.

Grace is now very competent on it.

Took several years of noise and I mean noise to get to that level.

Go for it though.

Be a good journey 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, bonio said:

8 hours ago, Mr Fro said:

I dunno, I taught myself to play a bit a couple of years ago.

I just got a few noddy piano books and some music I knew and figured it out.

Disclaimer: I've played brass & strings for eons.

8 hours ago, Bender said:

@dynax

My dad can't read music but can play great, the mother in law sits piano exams to keep her marbles intact. 

I say give it a go, you won't end up any worse than when you start out 😁 

4 hours ago, NeilM said:

Its a nightmare mate.

We have a piano in house.

Grace is now very competent on it.

Took several years of noise and I mean noise to get to that level.

Go for it though.

Be a good journey 

Thanks guys, bloody bucket lists :lol:, but seriously it is something I have always wanted to do but never really had the opportunity, my circumstances now means I have more time and in some ways a greater understanding of music itself.

Thinking about what I want to achieve getting a used arranger keyboard for around £100 will be sufficient to learn the basics and create the stuff I want for my videos, but I will invest in a good quality digital piano to properly learn classical.

I don't know there is just something that really gets the spine tingling when you hear a piece of powerful music, and I am only guessing but I think the feeling would be even more noticeable when you are actually playing it, probably not as much with electric as it would be with an acoustic instrument but nevertheless it will still be something to accomplish.

I would be more than happy to be able to play one piece a fraction as good as the original composer within a couple of years.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, dynax said:

Thanks guys, bloody bucket lists :lol:, but seriously it is something I have always wanted to do but never really had the opportunity, my circumstances now means I have more time and in some ways a greater understanding of music itself.

Thinking about what I want to achieve getting a used arranger keyboard for around £100 will be sufficient to learn the basics and create the stuff I want for my videos, but I will invest in a good quality digital piano to properly learn classical.

I don't know there is just something that really gets the spine tingling when you hear a piece of powerful music, and I am only guessing but I think the feeling would be even more noticeable when you are actually playing it, probably not as much with electric as it would be with an acoustic instrument but nevertheless it will still be something to accomplish.

I would be more than happy to be able to play one piece a fraction as good as the original composer within a couple of years.

May I suggest  Toccata and Fugue in D minor

Played full blast on a stormy night, Ohh don't forget the menacing laugh 😂 

• Haha 1