Good Morning Good Night and General Chat.

S-Westerly

Incandescent with rage. Bloody owners have chartered us for a cargo with a clause saying no crew changes during loaded voyage. They neglected to inform the ship and crewing managers of this until yesterday - one month after they knew. So no chance of any crew changes before 20th September by which time 9 of us (out of 21) will be over our contracted time on board. We have no rights and these immoral and unfair clauses dictate our existence. Not a happy camper.

• Sad 8

59 minutes ago, S-Westerly said:

Incandescent with rage. Bloody owners have chartered us for a cargo with a clause saying no crew changes during loaded voyage. They neglected to inform the ship and crewing managers of this until yesterday - one month after they knew. So no chance of any crew changes before 20th September by which time 9 of us (out of 21) will be over our contracted time on board. We have no rights and these immoral and unfair clauses dictate our existence. Not a happy camper.

B*stards

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Mississippi Bullfrog said:

B*stards

There's a reason the industry needed Samuel Plimsoll back in the day. Shipowners and altruism are not words that go together. Ironically owners are signatory to something called the Neptune Declaration which specifically calls for this kind of thing to be stamped out. Hypocrisy or what?

@S-Westerly that sucks mate.

Is there any scope for shaming graffitti on the ship that would get picked up by people?

I once wrote on the back of a company trailer "Transport of the future wages of the past" it didn`t go down well but I had done over a thousand miles up and down the country by the time they saw it lol.

Cheers

Ian

2 hours ago, S-Westerly said:

That's a proper ***** trick.

1 hour ago, Ian Frog said:

@S-Westerly that sucks mate.

Is there any scope for shaming graffitti on the ship that would get picked up by people?

I once wrote on the back of a company trailer "Transport of the future wages of the past" it didn`t go down well but I had done over a thousand miles up and down the country by the time they saw it lol.

Cheers

Ian

Sadly no. And as master of this bucket of bolts I am the owners representative and legally responsible  blah blah. To say I feel a bit bitter and twisted would be an understatement.

• Sad 3

8 hours ago, Bianco2564 said:

Went to a wedding reception tonight, first social event and pint since Nov 2019.

Invited or gatecrashed, I prefer funerals to weddings for gatecrashing, the last one I gatecrashed must have been 2003/4 I just said I was the deceased's postman for the last 6 years :thumb:

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, S-Westerly said:

Why on earth would you want to gatecrash either a wedding or a funeral? 

The first time was done as a dare after a few shandy's then the few after were done just to see if we still could, I was a lot younger and up for anything then :lol: