Good Morning Good Night and General Chat.

S-Westerly

Now basking in Lyne Regis. Went via a really traditional cider mill - if you like cider but are squeamish about health and safety never ever visit a cider mill when they are processing the crop!. I'm not and have a fridge full of good swag plus some Somerset Cider Brandy. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, S-Westerly said:

Now basking in Lyne Regis. Went via a really traditional cider mill - if you like cider but are squeamish about health and safety never ever visit a cider mill when they are processing the crop!. I'm not and have a fridge full of good swag plus some Somerset Cider Brandy. 

https://www.theapplefarm.com/

If ever need camping in Ireland ( just down road from Bulmers & Magners Brewery 

2 hours ago, S-Westerly said:

Love Lyme Regis the Harbour restaurant does great seafood !

3 hours ago, S-Westerly said:

Had a little chuckle to myself - I wondered if you were staying in the Mariners Hotel in Lyme Regis. 🍻

8 hours ago, Pie man said:

Had a little chuckle to myself - I wondered if you were staying in the Mariners Hotel in Lyme Regis. 🍻

Certainly not! Rather nice AirBnB that my wife arranged. I'm just baggage on the trip.

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, TimR said:

https://www.theapplefarm.com/

If ever need camping in Ireland ( just down road from Bulmers & Magners Brewery 

Nice  but to us true cider snobs Bulmers and Magners just aren't the real thing. Apples have to be processed by some rustic yokel in wellies driving an antique tractor with wasps and all sorts in the mash. None of this high tech, stainless steel gadgetry I'll have you know.

1 hour ago, S-Westerly said:

Nice  but to us true cider snobs Bulmers and Magners just aren't the real thing. Apples have to be processed by some rustic yokel in wellies driving an antique tractor with wasps and all sorts in the mash. None of this high tech, stainless steel gadgetry I'll have you know.

How true.

When real craftsmen make anything whether beer or cider related there must be twigs and beetles involved.

Cheers

Ian

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, S-Westerly said:

Nice  but to us true cider snobs Bulmers and Magners just aren't the real thing.

I quite like magners!! :lol:

I do know exactly what you mean though and feel like throttling the bar staff when they ask if I'd like ice in my single malt :roll:

• Sad 1

6 hours ago, Tiggie said:

I quite like magners!! :lol:

I do know exactly what you mean though and feel like throttling the bar staff when they ask if I'd like ice in my single malt :roll:

In the southern USA every drink used to be served with masses of ice. If you asked for a "sipping" whiskey without ice you usually got a massive measure as the staff were used to filling the glass with ice in it. Used to be a good way to get rat-arsed relatively cheaply.

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, Ian Frog said:

How true.

When real craftsmen make anything whether beer or cider related there must be twigs and beetles involved.

Cheers

Ian

I was told of someone round these parts making cider; somehow a dead sheep ended up in it and the drips from the cask dissolved the stone floor. Probably not true but sounds fun anyway. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Stu said:

Morning campers! 

Woke up to the forum offline today! 

Now thats fixed I might have to go for a ride 😂

There was me thinking it was my bloody phone having just done an "update". Wasted an hour of my life faffing about with the sodding thing.

• Haha 1

Just now, S-Westerly said:

There was me thinking it was my bloody phone having just done an "update". Wasted an hour of my life faffing about with the sodding thing.

Just keeping you on your toes.............

7 hours ago, Mississippi Bullfrog said:

Just to add to the fun our energy supplier went bust yesterday. So all the work I'd done looking for a cheaper deal was wasted. We'll probably end up paying through the nose now.

Our supplier looks like it's on its way out as well.