Good Morning Good Night and General Chat.

S-Westerly

Blimey - it's chucking it down here. Coming back down the lane was like riding down a river. On unlit rural lanes oncoming headlights and a wet visor don't provide the greatest vision. I know the road quite well but we get loads of badgers and foxes intent on throwing themselves under the wheels of a bike.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

I was at our local beekeeping association last night and met a bloke I hadn't seen in over 15 years. He told me he goes everywhere on a RE Himalayan these days. Apparently it's my fault as he'd seen me riding and thought it looked like jolly good fun so he signed up for his training and hasn't looked back since.

Edited by Mississippi Bullfrog
  • Like 6

9 minutes ago, S-Westerly said:

Bloody biblical rains this afternoon and evening from Ferrybridge all the way to Barnard Castle. Felt I should have had a snorkel. 

Whilst you were sat in your nice warm car with demisters on I was out in it, may I suggest an ark 😁 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, goat said:

One night in Walsall. Good everning

Many a grand night spent on the town in Walsall in my yoof (well, I didn’t know better). 

I served my apprenticeship in a foundry (long since gone) at Bescot, learnt about rock music in the “Beir Keller” under the Dirty Duck (now Flan O’Briens), saw Slade at the George Hotel (the building remains… ) and had many a fine evening talking b*ll*cks with mates at the Watering Trough on Ablewell Street. My mum lives in a nearby town and tells me it’s gone to the dogs. Shame. 

Very good morning to you guys :thumb:

Making good progress on my latest project.

Got tired of listening music on the phone while in the garage.

So decided to build a hifi bluetooth system.

Top hole will have the tweeter speaker. the centre section will be for the bluetooth amplifier module, power supply, crossover and all the other bits.

All parts from aliexpress.com.

Still some more drilling and cutting to be made and of course will need painting. 🙂

IMG_20211007_090545.thumb.jpg.46625a596522d0458a7e8b6b92ceb54e.jpg

Why am I building it while I can get one of the shelf? Because I can 😉

• Like 1

4 hours ago, husoi said:

Top hole will have the tweeter speaker. the centre section will be for the bluetooth amplifier module, power supply, crossover and all the other bits.

Still some more drilling and cutting to be made and of course will need painting. 🙂

Oooh, show off 😀 🧑‍🔧

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

22 hours ago, husoi said:

Although I did buy a Bluetooth sound bar off gumtree so cheap it wouldn't have been worthwhile cutting the wood. 

Due to the job we've always lived in big houses which has been great when the kids were at home but in the winter they're expensive to heat. Back in the 90's I was paying £2.5k gas bills which was a pretty big chunk of my annual income. Technically we were in fuel poverty.

So when during lockdown people started buying bigger houses I thought to myself, this is a craze people will come to regret come the winter.

With spiralling energy prices I bet the value of bigger houses will get depressed. I foresee there's going to be a problem with people getting into negative equity on big houses bought over the pandemic.

As ever people don't think these things through.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Mississippi Bullfrog said:

Due to the job we've always lived in big houses which has been great when the kids were at home but in the winter they're expensive to heat. Back in the 90's I was paying £2.5k gas bills which was a pretty big chunk of my annual income. Technically we were in fuel poverty.

So when during lockdown people started buying bigger houses I thought to myself, this is a craze people will come to regret come the winter.

With spiralling energy prices I bet the value of bigger houses will get depressed. I foresee there's going to be a problem with people getting into negative equity on big houses bought over the pandemic.

As ever people don't think these things through.

Bit like the government then.

I put one of the first condensing boilers in to a 4bed stone detached ex farmhouse, it was on lpg bottles, it should have had 2 boilers,  in winter it used a bottle in 2 days a bottle is currently 70 quid ish. 

Who could afford to live in a house like that, I will tell you who, a family on benefits with 6 kids, they still live there now, Ohh they have a horse too, nice use of your taxes. 

6 hours ago, billy sugger said:

Today must be my lucky day. 

The bank of Nigeria want to give me 6,550000 US dollars. 

If nothing else, it made me laugh 

did you send all your bank details ?