Good Morning Good Night and General Chat.

S-Westerly

Sooooo new dilemma of sorts. New job pre employment checks still going through. I've come to the end of my probationary period at work. Notice period currently two weeks, once they confirm appointment by Letter it will likely go up to two months. Someone from the new place phoned me about ID checks, said they were keen to get people in quickly and wouldn't want to wait two months notice. So do I risk it for a biscuit and hand in 2 weeks notice without full confirmation of new job or wait for confirmation following checks but have two months notice and risk losing the new job?

Hmmmm.....that's a tricky one, mate. What checks have they got to do and how confident are you that those checks will come back OK? New place don't want to wait 2 months, so they'll likely not want to start the recruitment process again either.... :wink:

Largely basic checks, dbs, which I already have, employment, etc. Can't see there being an issue unless funding for the post changes due to current weirdness.

Sounds like it's in the bag mate....but, as you say, you can't take anything for granted these days.

Anyway, good luck, whatever you decide to do... :thumb:

I'll have to grovel to get back a job I detest and/or risk the shittest job market for a long time during lockdown and a pandemic.

Feck.

If I detested the job I’d risk it but I’m wary of suggesting someone else does that 😬

Ha ha, yeah I'm more interested to see what other people would do rather than suggestions I guess. Its my decision alone to make so not trying to shirk responsibility. In ordinary times it would be an easy decision.

Two months is not a long wait. The civil service will wait that long. They have no choice, to get someone Eeles would take that long or longer including recruitment. Plus you can always ask to give a smaller notice period and perhaps it is at manager’s discretion.

I’m supposed to give three months (nhs and a bit senior) and haven’t the last two months.

I'll have to grovel to get back a job I detest and/or risk the shittest job market for a long time during lockdown and a pandemic.

Feck.

If I detested the job I’d risk it but I’m wary of suggesting someone else does that 😬

Ha ha, yeah I'm more interested to see what other people would do rather than suggestions I guess. Its my decision alone to make so not trying to shirk responsibility. In ordinary times it would be an easy decision.

Two months is not a long wait. The civil service will wait that long. They have no choice, to get someone Eeles would take that long or longer including recruitment. Plus you can always ask to give a smaller notice period and perhaps it is at manager’s discretion.

I’m supposed to give three months (nhs and a bit senior) and haven’t the last two months.

I'm in a very good mood today. The house next door to me went up for sale last week on Monday and has just had a sold notice put up :shock:

That however is not why I'm so happy. The good news is that it went up for £85k more than we bought our house for 5 years ago. Both houses are identical layouts with ours having one extra bedroom due to an extra dormer (converted bungalows) Also ours has a newer kitchen, new bathroom going in soon, the shed I built during last lockdown, new doors etc.

To be honest I really didn't think it was worth the money and laughed out loud when I first saw what it went up for. Now I'm just seeing pound signs flashing in my eyes :mrgreen:

I will have to get a cam set up to watch the birdies.

So far i have plenty wanting my seeds, bought a 12.5 kilo bag this morning as they are really going through them :lol:

Had a few tits on my nuts, but no nibbles on my balls as yet :(

Have fitted some extra perches, made from some twigs on the ball and nut feeders, will see if they help to get more birds to feed :lol: :thumb:

Guest Richzx6r

So far i have plenty wanting my seeds, bought a 12.5 kilo bag this morning as they are really going through them :lol:

Have fitted some extra perches, made from some twigs on the ball and nut feeders, will see if they help to get more birds to feed :lol: :thumb:

Nothing quite like a few tits on ya nuts eh but you need to teach them that if they want your seed they need to give the balls abit of a nibble

Nothing quite like a few tits on ya nuts eh but you need to teach them that if they want your seed they need to give the balls abit of a nibble

Hi Rich how are you all getting along?

Guest Richzx6r

Hi Rich how are you all getting along?

We are doing very well mate, skye is already a month old and so far shes been no bother whatsoever, even sleeping well at night only getting up once most nights :thumb:

Styling and Profiling is cancelled! :(

20201105_112809-min.jpg

https://media.giphy.com/media/t8NRh0M8eiO94N6lwi/giphy.gif' alt='GIPHY>'>

https://media.giphy.com/media/SSQuHAbavAkmFthVkf/source.gif' alt='GIPHY>'>

Styling and Profiling is cancelled! :(

20201105_112809-min.jpg

https://media.giphy.com/media/t8NRh0M8eiO94N6lwi/giphy.gif' alt='GIPHY>'>

https://media.giphy.com/media/SSQuHAbavAkmFthVkf/source.gif' alt='GIPHY>'>

https://media.giphy.com/media/Mnzm0AGSVvaiA/giphy.gif' alt='GIPHY>'>