Good Morning Good Night and General Chat.

S-Westerly

How do you go about reporting gravel across a road? The junction at the top of our hill has a huge mound of gravel left from when the road was resurfaced about two years ago. It's gradually spread so the whole junction is covered and turning on a bike it horrible.

I've reported it online to the council - nothing happened. I've tried reporting it to the police - they're only interested if you report it on 999 rather than 101. But someone on a bike is going to come a cropper soon.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Report it again and say you saw a pregnant woman slip in it :thumb:

3 weeks ago a pregnant lady stumbled (didn't fall) on a slight pothole outside my neighbours house. My neighbour reported it, explained what happened and the next day someone came round, made some measurements and sprayed some signs on the path. Two days later the entire pathway for approx 6 houses was dug up and the day after it had been re-tarmacced!! :lol:

• Like 1

12 hours ago, S-Westerly said:

20220701_054820.thumb.jpg.2707452d3a5826e16415101342ff3683.jpg20220701_054530.thumb.jpg.0393ad338dc9176e5a71752531a514a8.jpgGood morning from China.  Finally about to leave dry dock and then just 3 more days while they(we) fix everything they broke.

Looking good, should save a few tonnes of fuel with the slippery new paint job 

1 hour ago, Mississippi Bullfrog said:

How do you go about reporting gravel across a road? The junction at the top of our hill has a huge mound of gravel left from when the road was resurfaced about two years ago. It's gradually spread so the whole junction is covered and turning on a bike it horrible.

I've reported it online to the council - nothing happened. I've tried reporting it to the police - they're only interested if you report it on 999 rather than 101. But someone on a bike is going to come a cropper soon.

I find this app works because everyone else using the app can report it too if they see it and you can post results. Tend to get a better respo se than just contacting the council. Other than that local Councillors just hound them via email etc to sort it out. 

https://www.fixmystreet.com/

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Mississippi Bullfrog said:

4 hours ago, MikeHorton said:

I find this app works because everyone else using the app can report it too if they see it and you can post results. Tend to get a better respo se than just contacting the council. Other than that local Councillors just hound them via email etc to sort it out. 

Local council normally pretty good on this stuff...

7 minutes ago, onesea said:

Local council normally pretty good on this stuff...

Sadly not round here. I know of a biker who crashed on this corner a few years back on gravel. It must be something to do with the layout of the road how gravel collects in the same area. He suffered life changing injuries and never rode again. 

I'd clear it myself but it's on a blind bend and working in the road is dangerous. I might get some florescent spray and colour it to draw attention to it.

On 01/07/2022 at 15:04, MikeHorton said:

Just tried that, apparently our council won't accept reports from any third party agency. Why am I not surprised?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mississippi Bullfrog said:

Just tried that, apparently our council won't accept reports from any third party agency. Why am I not surprised?

Well I think that says it all they don't want people to know what they don't do. Next stop local councillors or the media maybe. I think some motoring groups will also help if you contact them they like shaming authorities. I'm not into social media but wife uses twitter a lot and normally tends to get a response. 

6 minutes ago, billy sugger said:

PET scan booked for tomorrow, will be radioactive for eight hours afterwards.

Wonder if I'll be able to power a light bulb for a couple of hours and save on the electric bill😜😅☢️

Good luck hope you get on ok and get good news at the end of it.

2 hours ago, billy sugger said:

Wonder if I'll be able to power a light bulb for a couple of hours and save on the electric bill😜😅☢️

Good luck mate !

Our thoughts are with you and we will see you out on the road soon.

Cheers

Ian

• Like 1

4 hours ago, billy sugger said:

Good luck that will be a hurdle passed and some more info and a solution hopefully there won't be much wait then👍

• Like 1

Good morning from sunny China where our planned escape yesterday was cancelled when we lost all lubrication to the engine. Turns out the newly overhauled lube pumps were blocked with rags. Now authorities are in a snit and they are arguing about whether we can go today or tomorrow. I hate this bloody place.

• Like 1
  • Sad 2