Ear Peace Ear plugs

manxie49

I bought some of these a few weeks ago, I seem to go through ear plugs like no ones business! The last set I had were pinlock ear plugs which were ok but these have surpassed all expectations. They come in a handy metal container, you get three soft silicon ear plugs, one spare in case you lose one. There are three inserts which are simple to change over, black for maximum filtration, red medium and grey minimum ..... I've been using the black inserts and they are brilliant, no use if you listen to music or want to chat on intercom as they will make the sound muffled, the red inserts are better for this. The plugs are easy to insert and very comfortable, I don't even know I have them in, at long last I seem to have found ear plugs that actually do the job I want them to do. Priced at £19.95, not the cheapest but certainly not the most expensive either .... So, I'll see how long these ones last, thus far, very impressed!

https://www.earpeace.co.uk/products/motorcycle-ear-plugs?variant=698313834505

81kpLi0QgKL._AC_SL1500_.thumb.jpg.9bfd9e44f77318542de06d4d4a36bc8a.jpg

• Like 2

I've been using these for over a year and find them to be perfect for what I want. With the black insert they completely deaden the sound. What I will say though is that occasionally when taking my helmet off they've become dislodged and fallen out without my noticing. Just need to be aware that they might. So far I've managed to lose 2.

• Like 1

I've been using these for over a year and find them to be perfect for what I want. With the black insert they completely deaden the sound. What I will say though is that occasionally when taking my helmet off they've become dislodged and fallen out without my noticing. Just need to be aware that they might. So far I've managed to lose 2.

That actually happened to me today, thankfully I found it on the garage floor .... Cracking ear plugs though

Edited by manxie49

Never used the eBay ones but the Ear Peace ones have different levels of inserts which allow you to tailor the sound deadening to what works for you. I use the cheapo ones at work and I have hearing loss. Probably due to ULF vibrations though which are 24/7 when we are underway and obviously ear plugs don't work for that. :cry:

How are they better than the silicon Christmas tree shaped ones on EBay? Twenty orange ones for three pounds jobs?

They may not be .... but having tried numerous different types over the years I personally am finding that these are the best I've come across. I think it could be due to the tunable inserts which seem to make a massive difference.

• 1 year later...

Hmm...having read comments on here I bougt a set and used them for the first time today. To be honest I am not hugely impressed with the sound reduction.

They are very comfortable, probably the most comfortable I've ever had. Also quite convenient, easier to use than my usual Alpine Race plugs. But sound reduction even with the black inserts is disappointing. They allow me to hear traffic and the engine fine, but they also allow more wind noise than the Alpines which are considerably cheaper. They do take the edge off but at speeds over 40mph they are noticeably noisier than other makes I've used. 

4 hours ago, Mississippi Bullfrog said:

Hmm...having read comments on here I bougt a set and used them for the first time today. To be honest I am not hugely impressed with the sound reduction.

They are very comfortable, probably the most comfortable I've ever had. Also quite convenient, easier to use than my usual Alpine Race plugs. But sound reduction even with the black inserts is disappointing. They allow me to hear traffic and the engine fine, but they also allow more wind noise than the Alpines which are considerably cheaper. They do take the edge off but at speeds over 40mph they are noticeably noisier than other makes I've used. 

I still use mine and still find them 1st rate.  I did find, when I first started using them, that there was a bit of a nack getting them to sit right inside the ear canal.  I found that pulling the ear up from the top while inserting the plug worked for me,  can be a bit of a faff, but I'm not deaf yet so they must work ok.

• Like 1

I dug out an old set of Sender plugs that I had stopped using. They are very similar in design and have an insert to filter noise. They aren't as comfortable but riding into Chester I wore the Sender's, riding out I wore the EarPeace.

End result, the ride home was much noisier so I stopped off at J&S and bought a new Schubert lid.

• Haha 3

I must try something other than my perfectly excellent 10 pairs for a fiver ebay silicon ones to see if there's any difference before rubbishing expensive ones, but I would be surprised! 

• Like 1

Use the Oxford Ear Plugs SNR37 myself

I have some hearing loss after working 20 years in an engineering company 

I have a HJC helmet with the bluetooth kit and listen to music from the zumo they do block out a lot of noise but I can still hear the music

With no music on i can hear my tinnitus ringing 

Was thinking of maybe getting the Schuberth C4 as as I had read some reviews that they were one of the quietest helmets 

12 hours ago, V650 said:

Use the Oxford Ear Plugs SNR37 myself

I have some hearing loss after working 20 years in an engineering company 

I have a HJC helmet with the bluetooth kit and listen to music from the zumo they do block out a lot of noise but I can still hear the music

With no music on i can hear my tinnitus ringing 

Was thinking of maybe getting the Schuberth C4 as as I had read some reviews that they were one of the quietest helmets 

I looked at various Schubert's lids. The C4 had problems when introduced, it is said those have been fixed but the staff at our local J&S suggested I go for the C3Pro as a better option.

The C4 didn't supercede the C3 it just offered a more sport focussed design due to the larger visor. 

The C5 looks brilliant but it's expensive. You can get a C3Pro for £300 which is a big reduction from when they were new. 

7 hours ago, Mississippi Bullfrog said:

I looked at various Schubert's lids. The C4 had problems when introduced, it is said those have been fixed but the staff at our local J&S suggested I go for the C3Pro as a better option.

The C4 didn't supercede the C3 it just offered a more sport focussed design due to the larger visor. 

The C5 looks brilliant but it's expensive. You can get a C3Pro for £300 which is a big reduction from when they were new. 

Thanks for that info 

The C5 looks good but as you said very pricy :-(

Cheers 

J

• 2 weeks later...

I did a bit of an experiment with these. I tried the black inserts and found the noise level unacceptable so I took the grey inserts and filled them with PVA, both in the inner tube and a on on the outer bit.

End result is that the modified grey inserts are now quieter than the black ones.

• 1 month later...

I've tried various types/styles of ear plugs, ranging from the cheapo foam ones, custom fit and even military issue type that look like little dildos with a small tag from aiding insertion and removal. I have now stared using the silicon type that you mould into your as you insert them. I bought these from our local Home Bargains before we moved over here to Tunisia. After trying them for a couple of weeks finding them a comfortable fit and reducing the wind noise enough to be more bearable than some of the more expensive options I've tied I went back and bought about a dozen boxes at £1:99 a box for 14 plugs. I will certainly be visiting HB next time in UK and buying even more boxes.

Ear Plugs.jpg

• Like 1