Forum software

Stu

Is there a working forum that uses the software for us to look at? Would be good to see the interface as many forums I know, my own included, look terrible on mobiles and people end us using Tapatalk which ruins forums.

Tmbf is literally the best functioning forum on mobile that I know, would be a shame to ruin it.

Quite love the forum as it is, haha. I know it is extremely old software, but it always works from my standpoint

and is mega simple (and clear) to use.

Modern stuff is needlessly 'bubbly' with crap all over the place, impossible to navigate. I loved

running forums on this style of software.

BUT! I know change has to happen, and obviously don't want this forum gone.

Good Luck with learning the software, Stu :thumb:

Add to list for sure :)

As others have said, could I have a link to a current invision forum to see what it is like to use?

XTreme

Swagman

Bender

gymwitch

dynax

Tiggie

Six30

learningtofly

Liveware Problem

James in Brum

Bianco2564

rennie

skyrider

Mickly

Ian Frog

JRH

Mississippi Bullfrog

Tankbag

peatear

https://www.ipsfocus.com/

I will be using one of the themes off here called elegant feel free to hit demo and it will give you little idea

[mention]geofferz[/mention] I was of the same opinion as you in that it just works well on mobile etc but something is going to give soon and I need to future proof for at least security reasons

Looks nice. :thumb:

Wonder if it still has the ability to have a users location under the name!? :lol:

Gotta keep the stalky vibes.

And autochange Dynaxs posts to chinese?

If it's not there I can add it :thumb:

Is there a working forum that uses the software for us to look at? Would be good to see the interface as many forums I know, my own included, look terrible on mobiles and people end us using Tapatalk which ruins forums.

Tmbf is literally the best functioning forum on mobile that I know, would be a shame to ruin it.

It won't be ruined......it'll be better than phpBB using it's native application on mobile.....and much better again using the App.

Here's the App for Android......test it out and see for yourself:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.invisioncommunity.app&hl=en&gl=US

@Stu I might be wrong but if you look at UK Busas.org that has a similar feel to the link you posted.

Is that the same thing as it`s very easy to use and a good format.

Cheers

Ian

Yes that's Invision......but they're using the default theme which is a bit basic.

Yeah okay.

What are we doing about money - just renewing our subscription?

Are we going to have a subscribers only area?

If you want to renew subscription then you can do or via paypal as [mention]XTreme[/mention] has posted

If people want a subscribers only area I could look at something like that or some other benefits if need be :D

Just flagging again that I haven't seen a page that lists the latest topics/latest posts (same thing really) in any of the example forums we've been pointed towards - the only thing I've clocked so far as a sidebar with the latest half dozen posts listed. Will this definitely be possible?

Just flagging again that I haven't seen a page that lists the latest topics/latest posts (same thing really) in any of the example forums we've been pointed towards - the only thing I've clocked so far as a sidebar with the latest half dozen posts listed. Will this definitely be possible?

Untitled.png

:thumb:

When you see other forums using this software bear in mind that the view and options that you see are how the Admin has decided to set it up.

There are many variations of what you can use depending on the requirements and tastes of that particular Admin.

It's not a one size fits all.

Untitled.png

Tried that, Stu, but it didn't do quite what I expected :!:

Perhaps it can be set up within a range of parameters, though.

Yeah okay.

If you want to renew subscription then you can do or via paypal as @XTreme has posted

If people want a subscribers only area I could look at something like that or some other benefits if need be :D

Friends with benefits? :wink:

Untitled.png

Its customisable

I clicked create stream and created the unread one

Untitled.png

Yeah okay.

If you want to renew subscription then you can do or via paypal as @XTreme has posted

Friends with benefits? :wink:

I'm not doing that again! it hurt last time :shock:

:lol:

Untitled.png

Its customisable

Untitled.png

active topics ?

Its customisable

Untitled.png

active topics ?

Having gone back to check, it does seem that Thumpertalk provides that functionality as "all activity". Another site I tried did something completely different so I suspect that it's all in the set-up.

Its customisable

Untitled.png

active topics ?

Having gone back to check, it does seem that Thumpertalk provides that functionality as "all activity". Another site I tried did something completely different so I suspect that it's all in the set-up.

And don't forget it can be user configurable so if you register and login you may be able to change it :D

active topics ?

And don't forget it can be user configurable so if you register and login you may be able to change it :D

Yes, looks like I can pick my own colours too :D

active topics ?

You can change all views to suit your preferences......plus there's a customiser to really modify it as you want.

2008866758_Screenshot2020-11-15113340.jpg.d29014d0b5ffbc78ddccef31d366840e.jpg

Yeah okay.

Not keen on Subscribers only area, it splits people up. Can sometimes make a forum look dead. I've seen it happen.

Keeping the forum going by being a subscriber is the benefit.

Friends with Benefits though... we know what position Stu is now, if it hurt last time. :lol: