help with suspension............i think

Guest stedebs

ok I'll describe what it's like and will someone pleae tell me how to cure it....................in very simple terms....

Took one of the kids on the back of the bike, (first time carrying a pillion) when we hit bumps in the road (can't avoid them in sheffield really) it sounded / felt similar to a car bottoming out for a fraction of a second.

The bike is a 94 GSX600F, is it me being over cautious, or is it something to do with the suspension.......an if it means me altering it how do i do it?????

anymore info needed just ask...

how big/little are the kids ?

does the suspension go down a lot when they get on ?

it could be a case of the rear hugger and undertray are coming into contact

take a run outside and look at the tyre, hugger and undertray

but it sounds like the preload needs winding up a bit

suspension is a black art toouch it and it can go t*ts up or spot on just remember what you have touched and how much so you can go back :)

kid is a young lady of 15, taller than vicki or willow. yes suspension goes down a bit when she gets on.

how do i wind the preload up....have got the book and it says 2 threads showing for a single rider 3 or 4 for a passenger, i was assuming that ment at the bottom of the suspension bit.....but there are no threads there at all.... :lol: :lol: :lol:

ok....so steve says there's plenty of room near undertray.

but has just told me off saying the chain is far too loose and he thinks it could be that makin the noise by occasionally running on the stand when i've gone over a bump.......... :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:

so now i just need to borrow a wrench and sort my chain out...........then try again.....

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Guest akey

Debs if it only happens when you are 2 up then I would wind the preload up a bit.

On the rear shock at one end of the spring there is a couple of rings with slots cut in them, you will need to back one furthest away from the spring off a little (this is the lock ring) then use the one closest the spring to shorten the spring by a couple of turns, then re tighten the lock ring.

that should help.

Debs if it only happens when you are 2 up then I would wind the preload up a bit.

On the rear shock at one end of the spring there is a couple of rings with slots cut in them, you will need to back one furthest away from the spring off a little (this is the lock ring) then use the one closest the spring to shorten the spring by a couple of turns, then re tighten the lock ring.

that should help.

erm ............... roght......... oookkkkk

when are you home akey??????? :lol: :lol:

kid is a young lady of 15, taller than vicki or willow.:

lets face it so is a

http://theretrobaby.com/store/images/umpa-lumpa-heat-transfer.gif