Restricted...?

Guest lukefiori

Hey dudes! I read somewhere that some bikes are "restricted", what does that mean? How exactly does one restrict a engine?

Also is my Kawi Eliminator 125 restricted and if so can I get it unrestricted????????? Cheers!!

i dont think it is restricted, restrricted bikes are for people who have taken restricted access test and want a big bike, but cos its illegal to have the bike over 33BHP they have them restricted

i looked at the eliminator as my first bike but settled on the shadow, eliminator is gorgeous though!!!

Ok cheers Foz, My eliminator is sittin out front parked and chained up, my CBT isnt till 9th...:( i hate having to wait.. Just i keep hearing "eliminator is slow" ... ps... My mate has an aprilla 50cc, that goes 70 mph!!! How the heck can a 50 cc aprilla go 10 mph faster than a kawasaki 125cc?!?

Ok cheers Foz, My eliminator is sittin out front parked and chained up, my CBT isnt till 9th...:( i hate having to wait.. Just i keep hearing "eliminator is slow" ... ps... My mate has an aprilla 50cc, that goes 70 mph!!! How the heck can a 50 cc aprilla go 10 mph faster than a kawasaki 125cc?!?

gods knows how he managed that!! 70 on a ped must be the most frightning thing ever, not jus for the rider but anyone around it haha

i know what its like to wait :( took a fair amount of time to stop driving lessons and get a bike

still only a week left till your CBT, and it is brilliant!! good luck, im sure youll do fine, i never realised how much you can actually learn in a day till i took my CBT :lol:

see if you can get some pictures up of your eliminator!! would be nice to see it

ps!!

My mate came round to check out my bike, he said it shouldnt have passed the MOT as the tail light isnt working. Any ideas how to fix it?? Break light works but no tail light. Could be the bulb???

ps!!

My mate came round to check out my bike, he said it shouldnt have passed the MOT as the tail light isnt working. Any ideas how to fix it?? Break light works but no tail light. Could be the bulb???

omg!! how unfortunate!! talk about bad timing eh? if the aformentioned doesnt work, take it to your local dealer (i know my locoal honda dealer put in an indicator bulb for me after i droped the hire bike i have at the moment hehe)

good luck with this!

damn thats nice!! i like the silver and black paint scheme :D my kind of bike! only thing i personally would change is the exhaust, i dont like conical exhausts :shock: i dont know why i jus dont hehe but other than fantastic bike!

ill put up some pics of my shadow when i get it back (waiting for a front wheel!!)

A lot of bikes are restricted when new.

This has nothing to do with the licence restrictions - I'm told its for taxation class purposes.

You'll find that, depending upon manufacturer, depends on what methods of restriction they use on their products - for example, Aprilia restrict their larger bikes with what I would call a "choke plate" which is a metal disc with a hole in the middle and is fitted in the air intake. This has the effect of restricting the full flow of air that could pass into the engine. At the same time, the engine management unit is programmed to deliver a smaller than standard amount of fuel to suit the smaller amount of air from the intake, this means the bike produces less power and will not rev as highly.

Remove these plates, tweek the fuelling and you have a "normal" engine...

This action is illegal. Well, being caught on an unrestricted bike when your licence is restricted (for the first two years anyway), is the naughty bit.

If it were me, I would purchase my desired bike with restrictors (from the factory or whatever), then when your licence matures into a full one, remove the restrictions and jobs a good 'un!

Finally - I doubt that a 125 needs to be restricted (unless its a race bike).