Eifel, Germany. 2021

Gerontious

Saray grill kebabs! I've missed those. 

I need to sort my annual leave out for next year, I've got some extra days for next year so I don't think it will be an issue but worse case I can't stay for the full week. 

• 2 weeks later...

Is this good news?

Im not really sure that it is. Seems likely to me that something will be done at some point to fix it. vehicles with outstanding fines stopped at the border, perhaps. time will tell.

but anyway....

The EU's Cross-Border Enforcement Directive no longer applies, French officials have said, so British-registered vehicles will no longer be sent fines for offences detected by roadside cameras.

Similarly, motorists with vehicles registered in the EU caught speeding in Britain will not be sent fines.

9 minutes ago, Slowlycatchymonkey said:

Where is this quote from Mr G? 

I find it hard to believe they’re prepared to drop a potential source of income. Seems likely something will replace it or they’ll come to a new agreement. 

its more complicated than just DVLA information .. summit  to do with data governance.. and involves everything from passenger lists to surveillance and criminal record information .. so a deal mat not be so forthcoming .. 

13 minutes ago, Copycat73 said:

its more complicated than just DVLA information .. summit  to do with data governance.. and involves everything from passenger lists to surveillance and criminal record information .. so a deal mat not be so forthcoming .. 

If that’s the case I’d say an agreement on info sharing is even more likely, after some more ridiculous posturing, some difficulties have caused some trauma somewhere along the line and enough time has passed. 

36 minutes ago, Slowlycatchymonkey said:

Where is this quote from Mr G? 

I find it hard to believe they’re prepared to drop a potential source of income. Seems likely something will replace it or they’ll come to a new agreement. 

It was in the Telegraph. yesterday.

They were just talking to France, but it will be all countries in the EU and as they are at pains to point out, it works both ways.

it wont affect us so much as we are not going to race... and if anyone is going to be flashed, its likely to be me. 'but' the region we are going to is fairly low risk, rural and quiet.. and in areas where the risk goes up, Rhine or close to the Nurburgring, then we will be very careful. no.. instant 'on the spot' fines on my watch!

Edited by Gerontious

On 19/12/2020 at 19:54, Bungleaio said:

Who have we got on the trip for '21?

On 19/12/2020 at 20:04, Gerontious said:

Bonio

Slowlycatchymonkey

smallfrowne

igloo

snodblatter

bungleaio

rob m

me

snoddy is likely, but uncertain due to "events"

and one other due to health issues. he knows who he is and I'll just wait until he tells me one way or the other. plenty of time. no pressure.

I'm still in!

Didnt realise my messages were full and not sure if it's jammed?

• Like 2

On 20/01/2021 at 18:45, James in Brum said:

I must confess I am envious as all f**k!

I think Flashman after everyone’s jabbed and the pressure eases you should have yourself a wee moto trip, something to plan and look forward to now, even if it’s just a long weekend and a dap round Ireland or the Isle of Man. After all it is deserved isn’t it and planning a trip is a lovely distraction.

I’ve found thinking about what I’m going to do when free has started to have the same effect as talking about winning the lottery, a bit like a film prison scene when they start talking about what they’re gonna do when they get out 😂

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Slowlycatchymonkey said:

That’s why I can’t post in ‘Plans for 2021’ I now have so many it’s completely implausible 😂

Me too. I must have created between 6-8 trips/routes, anything from NC500-Normandy-Alps and beyond. In reality - Probably end up nowhere 

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...